cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't leave negative feedback???

dmc06041969
Thrill-Seeker

I have buyers that never pay and never communicate.  When I go to leave feedback, all I know get are the choices of "positive" or "I'll leave feedback later".  Why can't I leave negative feedback anymore?

Message 1 of 691
latest reply
690 REPLIES 690

Re: I can't leave negative feedback???

In the world of eBay there will be dead beat and purely as*hole buyers. I have one buyer give me a neg saying I was a scammer because the code I sent him did not work. I messaged him multiple times offering a free replacement with no charge he did not comply, screwed my rep up completely from 100% to about 97% that is a hard hit those negatives do so early. It did get resolved later down the road which is a good thing, but my issue is how can we just take hits from buyers but not beable to give them back. Make NO sense, that like ebay saying the buyers can be jerks to us but we  can retaliate? That too much power to a buyer.

Let me add, due to that negative one buyer messaged me reluctant to buy because of 1 neg rep, funny part is I had about 50 other positive for the same item, that how bad a negative can screw you over. 

I think the rep system is unstable and unbalanced. What needs to be done is they need to give sellers the right to negative also. There are bad buyers and good ones. Rep can also be used to RESOLVE issues, why end terms badly? No one likes negative feedback! So neg the buyer it a means to work the issue out. Perhaps we should get buyers who ask questions before impulsively thinking it some issue then striking at us as sellers. 

I can bet you 100$ if they bring a seller neg system for the buyer, the buyers will check how they treat the sellers now that we can fight fire with fire. It is only right. You can't have us at gun point with no ability to explain ourselves! 

Message 421 of 691
latest reply

After 420 positive feedback a buyer just left me neutral feedback because I wouldn't process a return. Claimed the item wasn't "brand new" as described because they bought the wrong item. How is their incompetence my fault? Not to mention the auction said in big red bold letters NO RETURNS. All I can do is reply to their feedback comment... I can't even leave them neutral feedback in return. And after looking at their own feedback as a seller, I realized this person is a total scammer.

Thanks ebay for making feeback a one way street.

Message 422 of 691
latest reply

I had a perfect 100% feedback rating until a buyer decided to give me a negative BEFORE ever receiving the item. She did not like that I had sent her a reminder email that payment was due that evening as 2 days had passed without payment.  I called ebay they looked over my email and said it was fine.  But Buyer can leave neg feedback even BEFORE receiving the item. This is ridiculous. How can they let a buyer leave neg feedback when they did not even receive the item yet and the neg feedback had nothing to do with the 4 items the seller is rated on.

Message 423 of 691
latest reply

I agree! i had a buyer call me an idiot for opening a case! ebay wont even let me leave negative feedback! they really need to look into their feedback system a little bit more and re-asses what they have. because it's stupid!

Message 424 of 691
latest reply

I just had the same thing happen to me too! OMG, what was the name of the buyer? I'm empathize with you!!!

Message 425 of 691
latest reply

As a buyer I am SO glad I found this site!! I  got "screwed" over by 2 buyers in 1 week!! Thank God one of the buyers refunded my money (After I filed a claim). I bought a pair of pants she already SOLD because she forgot to take it off her site:( The second buyer was at a conference and could not mail me my jeans. (I bought them on BUY NOW) PAID IN FULL!! This transaction was on Oct 15th "supposed to be at my home on the 20th. After 2 excuses I just asked for money to be returned!! Here it is Nov 2, 2014 and her money is still pending in my Pay-pal account!! Freaking SAD!! And yes once it clears as a BUYER HER 100% as a SELLER I will take down a notch!! If I can pay on the spot (shopping at an internet yardsale) then the **bleep** seller can send me my merchandise!!

My thoughts on FEEDBACK!! SO HAPPY SHE CAN NOT TOUCH MY 100% FEEDBACK AS A BUYER!!! 

Message 426 of 691
latest reply

I know, it's kind of frustrating.  I just listed a few items and two itmes sold to the same bidder.  This has been about a week now and the bidder has not paid!  He/She bid and won several other items and paid for those but not mine.  I cant open a case against him or her for 3 weeks? And i can only provide positive feedback. It wont let me give negative feedback. The only other thing i could do is report the buyer, but it wont let me dod that right now either.  The items would have sold to other bidders but he/she out bid them.  its just frustrating.

Message 427 of 691
latest reply

I 100% agree. It's totally unfair that only the buyer has the right to leave a negative feedback...We got a negative feedback from the buyer, because, from his point of view, the item he bought (copper mug) was made not from the copper!!! I told him that all info and description were taken from the original packaging and manufacturer site, but he was insisting ....can you imagine.???

Ebay give us the right to leave a negative feedback to the buyer that everyone would see who we are dealing with.

Message 428 of 691
latest reply

As far as now selling on eBay.... Small-time sellers with few items here and there can't sell on Amazon.  I looked into a while ago and I remember thinking it's a no can do for us small time guys.

Where do we go. eBay does NEED competition.  Good competition.  I haven't found any YET.

Message 429 of 691
latest reply

Can we submit on this site all the ebay names of all the buyers who have screwed us one way or the other?  Then we can have a list of ebay identifiers for all of us to avoid.

Message 430 of 691
latest reply

I know the feeling exile12 i have had the same thing happen to me 4 times now this is bull **bleep** that some weirdo's get there kicks out of buying or biding on items and not paying for them why can't you leave bad feedback any more you would think that you should be able to do it so you can warn other sellers

Message 431 of 691
latest reply

After 10 years of selling on ebay I am so disgusted, the ball is in the buyers corner! I think negative feedback is meant for a seller that doesnt send out the item,,etc..You have buyers that want to leave negative feedback so they have you where they want you, because they know you will anything to keep from posting negative feedback.I feel like I am getting threatened to refund money and free shipping because they hang it over your head. Ebay could care less. About ready to part ways, after they changed that sellers couldnt leave negative feedback everything changed PEOPLE CHANGED!!!
Message 432 of 691
latest reply

I think this is outrageous.. Buyers dont pay and you can't warn others away from these members. You wouldnt walk into a shop and get the option of paying later because "you don't  have the funds", you would wait until you did. If you dont have the funds, dont bid...simple.

Message 433 of 691
latest reply

The same thing has happened to me twice in the last month. It's ridiculous that we aren't allowed to leave  negative feedback. My buyer bought a jacket for $99 and never contacted me. He has 100% positive feedback, so I'm wondering how many others he has screwed over and they also weren't allowed to leave negative feedback either. It's so unfair!

Message 434 of 691
latest reply

SAME HERE! GRrrrrrrrr

my nightmare buyer decided that the item somehow didnt look new enough-- and left me instant negative feedback after my preliminary response in which i politely declined to process the return she requested because, after all as ad terms did state, i do not accept returns.  the item was never used and she decided it was somehow magically "soiled & scratched"  GIVE ME A BREAK!  she just plain suffered Buyers Remorse & wanted to get her money back for some personal reason, it was not the fault of the UNUSED item or an inaccurate description. 

Now i have a badly damaged feedback rating because as a very occasional, small-volume seller i just went from 100% to 96.5% due to ONE impossible-to-please customer! It will be a YEAR before my feedback reverts to normal, and no doubt not much point in trying to sell anything until then!
Cat Mad

Message 435 of 691
latest reply