cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forbidden 403 Message

daviddon1
Enthusiast

Has anyome else got a Forbidden 403 message when trying to sign on using Firefox? Has anyone had some strange text when trying to view an item? EBay is the only site experiencing this problem that I know! Did they open the "back door" and let a virus or malware bot in? Ebay is linked to all our purchases, sales and PayPal which holds our information. Should I be worried?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Forbidden 403 Message

daviddon1
Enthusiast

This happened on both my laptop that I was using and on my new Dell computer that I set up today. makes me think something is up with EBay...Die Hard style! I will definately not stay logged on from now on!

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Also....have you been getting chinese ebay when typing what to search for in the search engine? I'm on normal ebay when I start searching, typed in the item then it takes me to chinese ebay...even if I'm in my own account clicking on the same sellers I bought from in the U.S. I'm wondering if its a glitch from Ebay?

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

bombshelloutlet
Enthusiast

Yes!! Did you ever fix it? I know how if you are still having problems. What browsers do you use and which ones right now let you go without forbidden 403?

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I haven't fixed it, I've been using firefox because my explorer was acting up this week.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

bombshelloutlet
Enthusiast

Chrome:

1. Go to the top right corner to the customize and control wrench thing.

2. Go to settings-it should be right after downloads

3. Make sure your advanced settings are on, just in to make sure you see all the options.

4. Scroll back to the top if applicable.

4. Then under the PRIVACY option there is a box that says CONTENT SETTINGS-click on it.

5. YOU WILL SEE THESE OPTIONS BELOW.CHECK THE ONES I HAVE BOLDED.

SCREEN LOOKS LIKE BELOW: CHECK BOLDED. LEAVE THE CROSSED OUT ONES WITH NO CHECKS

Allow local data to be set (recommended)

Allow local data to be set for the current session only

Block sites from setting any data

Block third-party cookies and site data

Clear cookies and other site and plug-in data when I close my browser

HERE YOU SHOULD SEE A BUTTON TO CLICK ALL COOKIES AND SITE DATA

6. NEXT:  Below where you clicked, "clear cookies and other site and plug in data when I close my browser,"

ALL COOKIES AND SITE DATA-

CLICK IT

7. Then there is a list, click REMOVE ALL.

8. PRESS OK

9. Now, close your google chrome browser.

10. Restart your computer (you can just wait three minutes and restart chrome but for kicks I went ahead and restarted my computer.

You should be good to go. I know these directions are written as if its a lot but I am just very precise because that is how I like to read directions.

Let me know how it works. If it doesn't I will ask my boyfriend, "Mr. Computer Genius," and give you his directions to fix it another way but this way should do it.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

bombshelloutlet
Enthusiast

It's interesting how this all happened to a number of people at the same time. Start with chrome to fix.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Has China finally taken over...  Forced to shop China.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

YES, soooo annoying... i keep getting this also and have never found an answer to these problems listed here (including getting sent to Chinese site!) Hope ebay will visibly post how to solve this. 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

thist is because of some spyware toolbars you have installed in your browser: emule toolbar , search toolbar etc.... those toolbars prevent ypu from surfing on certain sites and redirect you.

1- deinstall all addons and extensions in firefox / or whatever you have -> menu -> addons -> deeinstall all toolbars searchbars that are not clearly certified and you dont really know!!! ( e.g. emule, ask.com., babylon, icq, etc.......)

2. in your firfox type in adress field:   " about:config "  -> check if babylon toolbar still working and deactivate everything that seems suspicious...

that fixed my problem and will fix yours

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Pls i am still having the same problem

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@daviddon1 wrote:

Has anyome else got a Forbidden 403 message when trying to sign on using Firefox? Has anyone had some strange text when trying to view an item? EBay is the only site experiencing this problem that I know! Did they open the "back door" and let a virus or malware bot in? Ebay is linked to all our purchases, sales and PayPal which holds our information. Should I be worried?

I heard there was some sort of virus going around with Firefox.  Knock on wood, I have not had any problem with it. 

"It is unreasonable to attempt to reason with the unreasonable."
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@clothescloseouts4u wrote:

@daviddon1 wrote:

I heard there was some sort of virus going around with Firefox.  Knock on wood, I have not had any problem with it. 

i have had this problem a number of times when useing googel chome, i have also had problems with there messaging sevice and that is most of the time, i do not have any other problems with anyother sites that i viset or use. 

@daviddon1 wrote:

i have had this problem a number of times when useing googel chome, i have also had problems with there messaging sevice and that is most of the time, i do have any other problems with anyother sites that i viet or use.

@daviddon1 wrote:

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Yes. Why is that?

Message 14 of 14
latest reply