cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's losing seller's and not gaining any new ones!

ape-man
Enthusiast

With the new rules and control Ebay and Paypal are trying to enforce on sellers, not only are they losing the long time seller's from when Ebay began, but thru word of mouth, would be new seller's do not want to go into this marketplace now.  High fees, no regard for the seller who make's their money in the first place.

Message 1 of 141
latest reply
140 REPLIES 140

Re: Ebay's losing seller's and not gaining any new ones!

Just Quite Selling On E-Bay!!!  I'm a Top Rated Seller with Nothing For Sale on E-Bay! Join Me!~

Message 16 of 141
latest reply

ebay just sucks anymore i used to love this site my uncle was an antique dealer and showed me my way around swapshops and  such  its what i lived for my ideal life before becomeing a father was getting in a  60's vm bus hanging my grateful dead curtins in it  replacing the vw emblem with a peace sign a effeniency size refridgrator a wall unit a/c    with a wifi laptop and run my ebay as i traveled the country  but truth be told the way zleezebay i mean ebay is anymore im  no longer a  proud member of ebay as i have had other accounts the last one i did o0ver 5k transactions on but because of my  sons biological mother shut everything down and restarted  so now im back to basics trying to make ends meet and support my 5 year old child without help and thanks to ebay  and all their rules, regulations and fees unable to even make a buck cause it cost me more between my listing fees, item fees, packing fees (unless i use priority mail boxes)  final value cost and shipping chances are im  going to take a hit in the end anyways so  to hell with ebay  but for some stupid reason i still list a little hope everyone has a safe healthy and happy 4th

Message 17 of 141
latest reply

As a long time seller on eBay, I agree with everything read here.  I am a part time seller of found items and clothing and try to keep my prices low and pass savings on to buyers. With all the new fees (especially fee on shipping), I make very little profit. Then a buyer can threaten bad feedback if they don't get a refund for no reason OR more times than not - don't want to return item, but want refund. Then there are the buyers that think they can pay

whenever. These customers ignore all requests for payment and emails. They take days weeks to pay and this sceanario is becoming more common. I have resorted to canceling transactions after 4 days. I do not offer layaway-lol. Where else on the internet can you select an item for purchase and pay whenever with no recourse? I could go on and on. As far as eBay setting policies that get your listings shown more frequently, this has been going on for a long time with favortism toward large retailers. In the past I could have up to a hundred items listed and have a handful of buyers view my items. I am growing tired and sell about 1/2 what I used to on ebay. When I was called by customer service to see if I wanted someone to go over the new policies, I advised the caller "I could read" and understand what I read- I voiced complaints of fee structure and said if things didn't change would not be using eBay much longer. Was not rude just matter of fact and customer serv person said "whatever"!?

Message 18 of 141
latest reply

Really, you think ebay cares? The large retailers make them more money in a day than a hundred small sellers in a week. They want the small sellers gone and this is how they push us out.

Message 19 of 141
latest reply

And are doing a great job of it? Been listing elsewhere since they just don't want us!

Message 20 of 141
latest reply

crowriveranch
Explorer

yes,you are right,these new rules and the fact that ebay has made it so you can only use there payment method,and they hold you money for up to 21days after the item has been recived..I AM DONE SELLING ON EBAY..after years of selling,they can now kiss my azz...:-)and will be posting this on my face book,good luck you commies

Message 21 of 141
latest reply

bombshelloutlet
Enthusiast

Ok I am a newbie and really wanted to make this gig full time. Started in June and already feel as though (even though I made some mistakes) I have been paying for fees more than receiving income.

I was so excited about this and did so much research, and read every ebay book known to man.

So should I give up now and go to another source like you said ebid? Is my time going to be waisted and add more problems if I stay with ebay?

Thanks

Kelly

Message 22 of 141
latest reply

I would certainly give eBid and Webstore a try Kelly, if you are trying to save on fees and have less policy hassles. Certainly keep your eBay account open and in good standing though, so if it does get better around here you can always come back.
Message 23 of 141
latest reply

bombshelloutlet
Enthusiast

Thanks for all your information. I am going to hang in there for now and see if I can get used to these new policies early on so it might not effect me so much-transistion wise. I will definitely be keeping my eyes open.

Thanks alot.

Message 24 of 141
latest reply

Bombshell, If I were you I would be doing some research on what you can and can't sell on ebay. 

Cass
Message 25 of 141
latest reply

eBay is gaining lots of new Sellers..... in the form of Chinese companies and large commercial operations.  Those new Sellers are the ones cluttering up all of the categories so that us small Sellers are lost in the conjestion and losing sales.

I am amazed that eBay now is not charging for extra pictures.... at least it doesn't cost me anything now when an item doesn't sell..... lol  With as greedy as eBay has gotten, 'free' pictures from them is really a shocking thing!

Message 26 of 141
latest reply

shi_ni_ke
Enthusiast

I don't know if this person can't read or just doesn't like what they read. It is an IRS regulation now. It is something eBay/PayPal which have been the same company for many years now, is being required by the IRS to do and it is the rules set forth by the IRS not eBay/PayPal that determines how that amount is calculated. If you are doing that volume of business you are a business and you need to be paying the taxes that you owe on the sale. With a good tax accountant you can reduce the amount by the amount of fees you paid, shipping and handling costs etc as deductions. PayPal however is not allowed to do that for you as they are not licensed tax consultants. They have to play by the rules that the IRS gives them. That is what they are telling you with that email.

The IRS determined how to the amount had to be calculated and the threshhold at which it had to be reported. If you want to complain to someone, then complain to the IRS and your House Representative and Senator and get them to change the tax code, don't complain because PayPal is doing what is required by law for them to do.

Message 27 of 141
latest reply

bombshelloutlet
Enthusiast

Dear shi_ni_ke,

I want to seriously thank you for your post. My brain just had a, "AHA/DUH!" moment after reading your very helpful post. What is frankly embarrassing about my bell not ringing mentally during my whine/fear phase of the "fees," epidemic is that I am constantly absorbed in making sure at tax time I am more orchestrated than the New York City choir.

Now everything makes sense. It is also making sense as to why, with this really being the beginning full phase of the change that there rules have to be enforced even harsher to eliminate or lighten the load of already potential errors the new system will endeavor.

Even though I am not the kind of relieved that comes from let's say a no more fees announcement, but at least it's lightening the whole paranoia. Now at least I know, and should have at least though about the obvious correlation.

Kelly Sowell

kelly.sowell@ymail.com

Message 28 of 141
latest reply

bombshelloutlet
Enthusiast

Ok thanks! Are you referring to my listings or just gain more information? If it is one of my listings please tell me!

I am getting the most education I can, and would never purposely slack in the area of something that is against a policy or just looks completely wrong and ridiculous.

I love criticism and want to learn so if you see something crazy and it came from me PLEASE call me out on it!

kelly.sowell@ymail.com

Message 29 of 141
latest reply

bombshelloutlet
Enthusiast

P.S your store is amazing and gorgeous. I will keep your store in my mind as a go to for your types of products. Thanks again.

Message 30 of 141
latest reply