cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's losing seller's and not gaining any new ones!

ape-man
Enthusiast

With the new rules and control Ebay and Paypal are trying to enforce on sellers, not only are they losing the long time seller's from when Ebay began, but thru word of mouth, would be new seller's do not want to go into this marketplace now.  High fees, no regard for the seller who make's their money in the first place.

Message 1 of 141
latest reply
140 REPLIES 140

Re: Ebay's losing seller's and not gaining any new ones!

That's awful! Now I know Ebay wasn't doing this to their faithful sellers years ago. But it began changing after a change in The Regime!
Message 121 of 141
latest reply

They took my items went out of business and I was never paid.   Sellers beware.    

Message 122 of 141
latest reply

I used to sell $!5k-$20k a MONTH on eBay. now I sell abotu $1000 a month.  So many new fees pushed me out adn LOL Amazon sells 80% of ALL stuff online now.  I am now selling $10k a month on Amazon and growing like crazy.  Sad eBay pushes so many sellers out wtih stupid rules and more and more fees.....

Message 123 of 141
latest reply

Not sure what you sell but there's many site's on Facebook you can sell your stuff or even do a live auction. It cost nothing free zero the only charges are PayPal. I've been doing a lot of my sales lately on Facebook site's. I'm making more money and happier than ever.
Message 124 of 141
latest reply

There's a lot of Facebook pages you can sale on and even do a live auction. It cost nothing zero free. You only pay your PayPal fee's
Message 125 of 141
latest reply

Ebay has lost me over the seller protection **bleep**.  When this case is done, I'm deleting my account.  F- Ebay.

Message 126 of 141
latest reply

Totally agree i used ebay for over 10 years and now i totally stopped, i lost so much money with ebay and there scams allowing buyers to steal your product and not pay fees are so high im cheaper renting a store, Amazon rock im a total convert, every whee i go i get people to stop using ebay and move to amazon or similar

Message 127 of 141
latest reply

Since having my selling privileges revoked, I too, have refused to buy anything from ebay. They forgot that their sellers matter and it's the sellers who got them where they are in the first place.

Message 128 of 141
latest reply

@eebyphucksitssellers wrote:

Since having my selling privileges revoked, I too, have refused to buy anything from ebay. They forgot that their sellers matter and it's the sellers who got them where they are in the first place.

Good to see that eBay made the correct decision in your case.

Message 129 of 141
latest reply

Tend to agree,eBay customer support has deteriated over time if you can raise them at all

Message 130 of 141
latest reply

Just cancelled my store account. They took away my audio plug-ins which let my customers hear a sample. Fees hit you 4 ways. After cancelling my store account, they are charging meanyways through the rest of the year AND an early termination fee. I sell on several sites, Ebay is the only one I do not count on, and could care less about

Message 131 of 141
latest reply

Just cancelled my store account. They took away my audio plug-ins which let my customers hear a sample. Fees hit you 4 ways. After cancelling my store account, they are charging me anyways through the rest of the year AND an early termination fee. I sell on several sites, Ebay is the only one I do not count on, and could care less about
Message 132 of 141
latest reply

I just submitted my thoughts on Sellor Hub application as I see more gearing up to discontinue support for Turbolister...Summarizing my input I basically said  that  without a FREE  bulk listing loader which I can use, outside of being both on the Internet and logged into Ebay,  I will be winding down my account....It is bad enough with all the current fee's, loosing faith in our Postal  Systems due to reports of   "item never got here"...and now take away Turbolister on me ?...Straw that will break this camels back is quickly approaching. I successfully sell a few thousand items a year, list of course many more then that - Ebay makes a fair bit of money from me - but it is all getting too frustrating and getting to be not worth the effort anymore...Call it what you will, eGreed, Evilbay...FeeBay, but they have lost focus on providing to people, who sell as a hobby or small scale business , an efficient cost effective way to provide goods to others.......Thank you for your time in reading my post....John.....

Message 133 of 141
latest reply

Ebay is Now "Dumping Paypal for all its Sales". Say they will use a "Dutch" Comapany and by 2023 refuse any Paypal Payment. That should really set off a chain of Sellers leaving Ebay. Since Ebay is now Selling Paypal after it purchased it and mandated all Sellers on Ebay had to Use Paypal they are doing it all over again with another "Company'........And Now most every Business-Store-Website, other Selling Sites, etc. using Paypal most will say "Why do I have to get another "Pay Service" to use Ebay?  Many will go to the "other Selling Avenues that Use Paypal" rather than have to "Open Another Account"  just to use Ebay.  Time will see how this plays out.......

Message 134 of 141
latest reply

BUYERS WILL BE ABLE TO HAVE A RETURN LABEL AUTOMATICALLY SENT TO THEM FOR ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED WITH NO INVESTIGATION,,,,,,,, good luck with ebay
Message 135 of 141
latest reply