cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's losing seller's and not gaining any new ones!

ape-man
Enthusiast

With the new rules and control Ebay and Paypal are trying to enforce on sellers, not only are they losing the long time seller's from when Ebay began, but thru word of mouth, would be new seller's do not want to go into this marketplace now.  High fees, no regard for the seller who make's their money in the first place.

Message 1 of 141
latest reply
140 REPLIES 140

Re: Ebay's losing seller's and not gaining any new ones!

eBay stinks now! Too many over-priced auctions that close with Zero bids, and then the sellers just re-list them the next week.

It's now a waste of time to wade through all this garbage.

What happened to the deals?

Message 106 of 141
latest reply

Sellers are tiered of giving stuff away. They are here to make a living, pay bills etc. I still see deals. Look around. If you are looking for something "cheap" (literally) just narrow your search option to sellers from CHINA only. I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for, you may need to wait a little longer to get it delivered but I'm sure you'll get a "DEAL".

Message 107 of 141
latest reply

I have ran accross some of the situations you have all mentioned on here and are about 50/50 with stuff. Been here since 2002. Cant wait till February of next year, gets better for seller. Just wanted to give you a quick note. You think amazon is better. In some ways it is yes but other areas its not. Here at ebay when you get tracking and it shows it delivered your in the clear mostly. But at amazon even if tracking shows delivered they will still side with buyer 99% of time even if it shows delivered if they say they didnt get it and even if its signature confirmation. If that person didnt sign for it, it could mean they could open case and you lose. Now granted this doesnt happen all the time and i do sell there too. Plus there deposits in some cases are weekly. So you dont have your funds instantly. Plus there a to z guarantee is not all its cracked up to be. Overall both of them have faults. Just make sure to read there whole policy.    

Message 108 of 141
latest reply

im new seller ...didint take long enough to run me out of this ste..so long ebay.

Message 109 of 141
latest reply

Message 110 of 141
latest reply

Ebay has deterioted to the point of where individuals (not stores) cannot not afford their fees and their coerced return policies for sellers.

-

Meg Whitman is the one who started to destroy this company. Now they have a bunch ofphone handlers who just give you the runaround while they tap you Palpal to refund fickle sellers at a drop of the hat.

-

An "Auction" is not a store where you can take it to the return desk when you decide you don't like what you got.

An "Auction" means you bought the dammmmmed thing and it's yours now!!!!!

Message 111 of 141
latest reply

the fees are 55p to sell a 99p item..then you have to pay postage too

Message 112 of 141
latest reply

I have had far to many issues with eBay TRIPLE billing me for a sale and dealing with the hassle of getting a refund. This has been consistent. Between that and what seems like a consistent change in increased fees. I can't afford to selling eBay. It forces me to look elsewhere to places that don't take away from so much of my profit. Between that and dealing with the hassle of people not paying, from my perception, it's not worth it.
Message 113 of 141
latest reply

Ebay is terrible for sellers who abide the favor sellers a company needs to come along that takes better care of sellers rights and fees this us ridiculous
Message 114 of 141
latest reply

I am done as a seller. I have had it with E-bay policies and their biased towards buyers as if they can do no wrong. The fees continually go up and they control your account. Well, not for long. I am discontinuing my Pay Pal acccount and no longer selling on E-bay. There are too many other places to sell that do not take my money and have no recourse when a buyer does not complete their end. Good luck staying afloat with these type practices.

Message 115 of 141
latest reply

Find me that site I will sign it I have lost 2 thirds of my business quickly,slowly leaving ebay,,try eBids.com,,

Spoiler

Message 116 of 141
latest reply

Get this then!

i was selling the same cosmetic items cheaper than another seller on eBay namely 'champagnegame' and they had the clever idea of buying directly from me and got me to ship six separate parcels to six different addresses of their customers. I posted out to the six addresses immediately and within 48 hours of the six transactions, the buyer opened six separate cases stating items not received! I knew this was a lie as there's obviously no way all six items could go missing so I wrote letters explaining what had happened to all six addresses asking if they had received the items and indeed most replied to me via text message to say that they had received the item!! I sent the items standard first class postage and not tracked as I would have been selling at a loss for the price of tracking! I informed ebay that the items had been received and that champagnegame was scamming me, yet the buyer refused to close the six cases against me and ebay refused to accept the text messages I received as proof that the items had been received and said only tracking numbers would suffice as proof of postage!. The buyer champagnegame was refunded for all six items and I was left £160.00 out of pocket! How many other people has this ebayer scammed! Carry on treating people like you know what eBay and I hope you get what you deserve! I never sell on eBay anymore and rarely use it to even buy anything. Disgusting is how you treat the people who have put you were you are today!!! WARNING!!! Never ever send items without tracking! And.... Try Facebook for selling, it actually works really well and there's no charge! It's actually a pleasure selling on Facebook unlike EBay which in my opinion should be shut down!!! 

Message 117 of 141
latest reply

Just sold the first thing on eBay. Took down my other listing, between FedEx charging 6 times as much to ship as the estimate said and eBay fees I have lost a lot of money on the one item I sold. Will stick to Craigslist.
Message 118 of 141
latest reply

EBAY AND PAYPAL ARE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE COMPANIES  EVEN AFTER THEY SPLIT BECOMING WORSE ON HOW THEY TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS AND EMPLOYEES  BEWARE DO NOT USE THESE HORRIBLE PEOPLE

Message 119 of 141
latest reply

GOOD FOR YOU SMART MOVE THERE ARE OTHER PAYMENT SITES AND AUCTION SITES
Message 120 of 141
latest reply