cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's losing seller's and not gaining any new ones!

ape-man
Enthusiast

With the new rules and control Ebay and Paypal are trying to enforce on sellers, not only are they losing the long time seller's from when Ebay began, but thru word of mouth, would be new seller's do not want to go into this marketplace now.  High fees, no regard for the seller who make's their money in the first place.

Message 1 of 141
latest reply
140 REPLIES 140

Re: Ebay's losing seller's and not gaining any new ones!

If you a new seller they give you a whooping 5 listings to start with on Ebay. With the bad search engines that is on this thing no way are you ever going to sale anything you need 500 listings to make one or two sales now. New people leave and old people are leaving. Cashflow problem selling off stuff Ebay. Sure it is the product people paying for is not working. People not going to keep paying fees to something that is not working. I list sits there 10 days then I pay you a fee for it not doing nothing. Are you nuts. People unlimited selling on Amazon but it is not Ebay so take training first. But it is 100 times better and I have sales everyday I sale the same product multiple times a month. I have no customers to deal with because I send all my stuff to Amazon. I am done with ebay it is worse than I ever seen it. Go over to Bonanza they can use the traffic and it is a better platform up to date and they push you stuff out to the google, shopping.com and stuff. 

Message 91 of 141
latest reply

Very well put i was after 12 years of sales with 99-100 feedback found with the new dashboard / seller policy and the buyers ability to blackmail and or steal from me and Ebay not  helping me have moved to Amazon with excellent results and no headache's. I will still put up a few items on Ebay but have no interest in opening a store again until they change their policy.

Message 92 of 141
latest reply

Great advice - I've been with Ebay over 5 years. Selling was great at one time, moved into getting store and had over 500 listings. Now it's dead, dead, dead. Haven't sold anything at auction for weeks, and haven't had sales in days. Use to sell several items a day - now I'm I'm lucky if I sell a hand full a week. It's bad. I am also thinking of closing my store. I agree, why pay them if they are doing nothing for you.

There attitude with the "click ratio and sell thru rate" is like saying to you "what have you done for me lately". Well screw that! I'm not a victim and I won't be treated like this. My attitude as of this year is "what have you done for ME lately". Nothing, that's what. And so I am too am closing my store. I just renewed this month and I may have to pay an early termination fee but who cares. I can't afford to list item and not have them sell. Not right. Ebay will not survive like this, it will make major changes and get better or it will go down in flames. The direction they are going now is wrong so my guess is they are going down.
Message 93 of 141
latest reply

Wow 😕 trust i am like you , been selling in ebay for 5 years .
I do get sales but not like that .
I have notice after the split that ebay is doing bad .
Wayfair ,amazon,is even doing better.
I have to get a job in Sept plus i am selling on
Close5 , offerup, bonaza also .
Ebay will see when people start to close there stores.
HELL that might see it now
Message 94 of 141
latest reply

I may follow you to AMAZON i have lost product , money, buyers stole item return items incomplete its horrible and you still have to pay those fees .
Its sad 😟
Message 95 of 141
latest reply

AMEN ITS GETTING BAD ON EBAY AND I REALLY THINK EBAY KNOW TOO😞
Message 96 of 141
latest reply

😔 you are so right my fees are like 2,3 hundred and better.
Always paid on time and before, now its a struggle.
Ebay may have to close
They are not DUM THEY SEE THE NUMBERS.
EVERYBODY NEED TO PUT IN THERE HEADING BEFORE THE NAME OF YOUR ITEM ...
CLOSING OUR STORE. ....THAT WILL TRULY GET EM BECAUSE THEY SEE IT. .
ITS IN ALL MY LISTING AND IN MY SHIPMENT I LET THE PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO REACH ME FOR FUTURE SALES..😊
Message 97 of 141
latest reply

😌 you go boy
Message 98 of 141
latest reply

Yes you are right
Sellers need to stand up for there rights and CLOSE THERE STORES DOWN.....POINT BLANK
Message 99 of 141
latest reply

Well that sounds truly great for some that is truly hard for some if they make 10.00 or a 100.00 a month they need that little bit.
I plan to not renew in nov 2015
I am selling on bonaza, close 5, offerup , amazon.
Me making money for ebay is over starting AUG 2015.
Sept 2015 i do let everybody know i am closing my store in the listing headings.
And will be letting people know starting sept in all my package's we are closing our store on EBAY😢
Message 100 of 141
latest reply

EBAY got greeeeeeeeeeedy with there fees AND THERE RETURN POL is a joke people sending empty boxes back to you by the time you have realise its to late you have signed for it and feebay have refunded the SCAMMER there money back SORRY your money back to them SO  they have your iteme and your money GOOD OLD FEE BAY  iv started selling on face book and its great they pick up the item its free no fee-bay fees no paypal fees SO SORRY TO SAY STUFF EBAY YOU HAVE HAD YOUR DAY AND NOW ITS COMING TO A END 

Message 101 of 141
latest reply

EBAY YOUR SHARES ARE DOWN AGAIN I REALY HOPE YOU FALL FLAT ON YOUR FACE ,THEN WHAT WILL THE SCAMMERS DO TRY SCAMMING SELLERS ON FACE BOOK I REALLY WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT AS THERE IS NO POSTING JUST PICK UP SORRY TO YOU SCAMMERS YOUR FINISHED

Message 102 of 141
latest reply

I REALLY HATE EBAY NOW AS YOU MAY TELL YOU PHONE THEM ONLY TO SPEAK TO SOME ONE WHO HAS NO IDEA WHAT YOUR SAYING AS THEY CAN NOT SPEAK ENGLISH AND JUST MUTTER RUBBISH OF THERE SCREEN IN MUMBO JUMBO R YES O R YES THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE SAYING AND FOR ME I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE SAYING SOME TIME I HAVE NO IDEA IF ITS A LADY OR A MAN TALKING TO YOU 

Message 103 of 141
latest reply

Has anyone heard about another class action suit against eBay coming up over this?  The loss of business from all of the dealers wrongfully dimminished by eBay's tactics is going to be a huge one.  Somebody even had a Facebook page, but took it down after a few days.  Now I can't find anything listed.  Anyone else? 

Message 104 of 141
latest reply

This is so true!  I hear from my hubby who sells (but not as much as he used to because of the darned fees!) that Ebay just favors the buyers.  I am tempted to sell items but after reading all of the seller experiences am having second and third thoughts.  And as a frequent buyer on the bay, I really cant stand seeing ALL of the cheapo listings from Taiwan and China that come up in my search BEFORE I finally get to US sellers.  Let's face it, the items take ALOT LONGER to get to the buyer and sometimes, NOT AT ALL.  I did have some issues with that so now I really try to buy from US sellers with great feedback.  How can any seller compete with someone over seas selling a 99 cent bracelet and a US seller is selling that same bracelet for $5.99???  And alot of the items are made overseas.  But I still favor the US sellers because of the shipping.  And it is awful the way Ebay can change your feedback like that because of one **bleep**py, dishonest buyer.  My husband and a friend of mine (who also sells on Ebay) both had that happen.  You get one nutcase and there goes the show.  It was so different for me, at least as a purchaser in 2006 BUT it got progressively worse, sad to say.  It is ashame when one a-hole runs the show and the **bleep** runs down the hill.  Rules, rules, rules!  Biting themselves in the **bleep**.

Message 105 of 141
latest reply