cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

I am so fed up with losing money on items I could have just waited to sell on Kijiji, after shipping, final value fees and exchange which they ALWAYS LOWER I am losing money on many items sold. Enough is enough, they  don't even have a way for you to provide them with direct feedback other than calling. Come on. I am done with selling on ebay.

Message 586 of 1,161
latest reply

Exactly!! if they're going to take all those fees, the VERY least they could do is have the funds available when item is paid for, instead of waiting another week or 2. I certainly DONE selling on here!!

Message 587 of 1,161
latest reply

Fcuk you ebay! I'm done selling stuff on here
Message 588 of 1,161
latest reply

Jeez people, this is a consignment deal not some free for sale section on a forum. You know why it costs so much? because your **bleep** actually sells on Ebay when it won't on free websites. **bleep** would sell a vehicle on Ebay? that's a Craigslist only item **bleep**.

Message 589 of 1,161
latest reply

YES! And the worse thing about that is ebay will NEVER tell you how much final value fee you should due until the end of a month (not even a percentage)!! I have trying to search the information about final value fee on ebay, and I found nothing! This is very inappropriate and disrespectful to customers, because ebay has the responsibility to list all avaliable fee to us, and we have the right to know this!! 

And they charge 10% for this ridiculous "service"!! REALLY?? 10%?!! Is there any different between robbery and ebay's behavior? 

If ebay doesn't lower this ridiculous fee under 2% or cancel it, I WILL NOT SELL ANYTHING ON EBAY ANYMORE!

Message 590 of 1,161
latest reply

Message 591 of 1,161
latest reply

I have the lowest end eBay Store. Ebays final value fee is 9.5%. Then if someone pays with PayPal it's another 2.6% + 30 cents.

I don't have a problem with the Paypal fee as it's sort of roughly the same as the banks. But the 9.5% that eBay takes is crucifying me. I'll have to find an alternative.

COME ON EBAY - YOU ARE GOUGING YOUR SELLERS WITH THOSE OUTRAGEOUS FEES.

Message 592 of 1,161
latest reply

**bleep**! I sold 300 and have to pay 55? That's over 1/6th of my sale! Y not just take it of the top of the sale? This is bs.
Message 593 of 1,161
latest reply

Totally agree ! Closing my acct. and bank info. What really sucks is them also frickin getting a percentage off of shipping too ! Ridiculous

Message 594 of 1,161
latest reply

I agree! Why the heck are they getting so much? Why are the charging a percentage of shipping costs? Insane. I need a new site to sell on with lower fees, and no fees on the shipping costs! They are nuts! Then I read if you item doesn' t sell you pay them anyway? wth? I sold an item for 330 dollars, 22 dollars shipping, after their fees, and paypal, I will be lucky to profit 20 dollars! insane that they are making more profits then the sellers are.

Message 595 of 1,161
latest reply

Is it better to sell on Amazon now?

Message 596 of 1,161
latest reply

Where else are you gonna sell your wares and get this kind of exposure/views and quick turnover? Craigslist?? HAHA... Some people actually try to get the same prices on craigslist and their items sit for MONTHS if they even sell them at all.

And Ebay charges a percentage of shipping too because scammers used to sell their items for a buck with $450 shipping charge trying to get over on EBay.

13% eBay/PayPal fees are reasonable for the short time it takes things to sell.
Message 597 of 1,161
latest reply

After last months eBay seller fees, I have had it! From now on I am selling on Amazon! eBay will either have to change their fee schedule or price themselves out of business. Greed is a horrible thing.......

Message 598 of 1,161
latest reply

was just about to post an item on ebay and then looked at the fees. 10% is not a fair fee. not using ebay. it reeks of greediness.

Message 599 of 1,161
latest reply

I unfortunately don't have time to read through all the responses, but after reading just a few pages it is clear a lot of people feel the same way I do, THE FEES ARE OUT-RAGEOUS!! And they are not up front about it! Why wait a month to charge the outrageous fees? Are they hoping we might overdraft? Someone's gotta put a stop to this sh!t! 

Message 600 of 1,161
latest reply