cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

I just recently sold an item through eBay for the first time in a long while. What took me by surprised after my item sold is that there is now a 10% fee associated with the sale of a buy it now item. I google eBay fees too high and this is the first thread that pops up.

Listen up eBay!  You lost another customer!  I will no longer be selling through here.  10% is just freaking riduclous.

Message 481 of 1,161
latest reply

I think it would be easier to give my **bleep** to Goodwill.
Message 482 of 1,161
latest reply

I did sell my new iphone on Ebay and I was shocked to see Paypal Fees and the Ebay fees. I am not going to sell from now on.

Sold iphone for 720. Got charged $21 fron Paypal and $71 fro Ebay. What a ripoff. Bye Bye Ebay

Message 483 of 1,161
latest reply

HA! I CAUGHT YOU EBAY! And i caught you before I gave you 10% of my money....  gooooodbye, craigslist here i come!!!!!!!!!!!!

no but seriously ebay? 10%? Just wait til everyone finds out about this.  

Message 484 of 1,161
latest reply

These new fees are freaking bullcrap. I only sold a couple of items recently and saw a rather large seller fee Invoice to my inbox, I was shocked and decided to see what was up.... 10....%....of the final price....wow, just WOW.

Shame on you eBay! You have become too greedy.

Message 485 of 1,161
latest reply

Invoices are just a excuse for ebay to pile additional fees on top of final value fees. They should just take it (FVF) out as you go anbd not worry about invoices but thats not enough money for ebay, they want you to get lost in their billing fee jargon. I was barely selling 800 bucks of stuff a month  and I have a average invoice of 200 to 300 dollars? Sorry ebay , not even the mob charges that much for protection which I don't get from buyers that want to expect walmart refund policy, which is way stricter than ebay . Ebay lets buyers get trial ownerships of items and if the buyer is in any stupid way unsatisfied with item he can demo the next one at sellers expense.

I just cant afford to sell on ebay no more, big ticket items that is, for me 200 to 500 dollar items.

Message 486 of 1,161
latest reply

I just happened upon this thread and frankly, I can't believe how much adversity has been posted

because of 10%!? 

I've had experience in resale, garage sale, flea market,  consignment, and on line selling. 

The reality is:  resale vendors offer very little of the sale value of an item.  Maybe 50%

if they are having a good day and feeling generous.

Garage sale and flea market??  Those buyers won't pay more than a few dollars for an item.

Consignment?  At least 40 to 50% IF the item sells.  Maybe the other on line sites take a smaller

amount, but are they offering the same amount of exposure?

I won't do Craig's List because I don't want to have to meet up with potential creeps who

may not be interested in a fair deal or worse.

I am very happy to give Ebay 10% of the few dollars I get because I am trying to down size and

know there isn't a better market out there for my items.

And the shipping thing??  I remember a number of years ago trying to purchase an item on

Ebay, only to be stunned at the cost of shipping, which often exceeded 50% of the cost of the item!

Those sellers were the scammers.  Not Ebay.

Sorry,. no pity party here.  Add 10% to the cost of your item. 

Message 487 of 1,161
latest reply

These fees are too high.   Time to bail.

Anyone having good results elsewhere?

Message 488 of 1,161
latest reply

Wow no wonder I can't find deals on Ebay anymore with ebay ripping the seller for 10%.  I haven't sold anything on ebay for quit some time, looks like I won't be selling much on here in the future either.  All the while they sugar coat the 10% turd with "no insurtion fee"

Message 489 of 1,161
latest reply

No wonder together2722 doesn't mind 10% fee, look at the junk trinkets he's selling. Nothing of any real value. Wait till he sells something actual worth something and gets nailed with a $100+  ebay bill for 1 item.

Message 490 of 1,161
latest reply

Considering that ebay has little expenses of its own, maybe it is time for bog companies to be less greedy and have the little guy make a bit more pocket change.
Message 491 of 1,161
latest reply

NO WORDS FOR THAT,

THERE IS NOTHING TO DO HERE ANYMORE,

NOW I UNDERSTANDS WHY THERE IS  NO GOOD DEALS ANYMORE.

Message 492 of 1,161
latest reply

Clearly, you are NOt an ebay seller....at least not one for very long! You are probably a very nice person, but you are clueless when it comes to selling on eBay. Talk to any of us after you have listed thousands of items on EBay. You totally are missing the point here. It's people like you, with a lack of understanding, or any history on EBay, that need to find other forums to enter......you are probably an employee of EBay. You totally are not seeing the big picture. I'm not going to give you one more minute of my time....your opinion barely deserved my response.
Message 493 of 1,161
latest reply

I am not an employee of ebay, but I am a seller. I have been selling things I've found and collected, for years. 10% isn't horrible. Real live auctions can run 20-30%. Yard sales and the ilk make you next to nothing. Flea markets may produce, but you run the risk of theft and the basic luck of the draw. I think most of you are tired of all the little fees, PayPal gouging, free inserts but you pay for the automatic relist, and that damned charge for postage. I'm not happy with any of it, and I hate looking at my monthly invoices. The thing is, I make sure I'm going to make money I'll be satisfied with. I sell because I want to, not because I need to. I feel bad for anyone who sells because they need to, especially if they have to sell at a competitive price. Ebay isn't the auction site it used to be. It is a marketplace, and that works for the buyer. A lot of things work more for the buyer's favor because it's their money that funds the seller. Ebay will never choose the seller over the buyer. So, be aware of the costs of selling. Know the pitfalls, and sell smart. It's a joke that a $1000 dollar item drops 870 into your PayPal a count and you were hoping to clear 900, but you should have wanted to clear 850 in the first place. Things aren't going to change and they might get worse. Fees will continue to slowly inch up. Bottom line, I'm cool with the fees cause I can do my math. Not cool with unscrupulous buyers and ebay's uneven buyer/seller protection policies. Good luck.
Message 494 of 1,161
latest reply

Hi, I have the same questions I don't quite understand ebay fees. Last month I have 1,400 fixed price items with 500 free listing. Which means I need to pay listing fee for the balance 900 items which is $90. I have $2,000 sale including shipping (as I understand ebay charge comm on shipping fee too). So 10% comm of $2,000 is $200. My fees ahould ne $290 ($200 + $90) may I right? 

But my monthly ebay fees are about $400? Shipping fees $900 and materials cost $500. So although my sales are $2,000 my profit is only $200?? Does anyone have the same problem?

Message 495 of 1,161
latest reply