cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

Totally agree! I am absolutly outraged. 50 free items was too much for Ebay So they decided to let list only 20 free items. Will $9 for 30 items insertion fee make a difference to them? It sure makes a differenct to me! Especially if I cannot sell an item from the first try and have to re-list. And besides, they will get their 10% from the sale. So greedy!  For all the millions they make already they decided to rip off small folks who are trying to make some extra cash. No decensy at all!

Message 436 of 1,161
latest reply

Just press the turn the fees off button.

Message 437 of 1,161
latest reply

My husband and I have been ebay members since 2005, and we have just decided to never use ebay again due to the fees being so high you cannot even make an honest profit selling an item. And, we paid a huge fee for a Russian guy who bid on a USA only item, so we had to dispute it and re-sell it again...ended up paying two huge fees on that item!!! Good luck to anyone who thinks you will make a dime on ebay anymore, you may as well go to your local pawn shop to get rooked, it's closer and quicker.

Message 438 of 1,161
latest reply

I agree. I don't use eBay a whole lot, but when they nail me for almost $22 on a $190 sale? Ridiculous. I wonder if I should find another venue...

Message 439 of 1,161
latest reply

I had not used EBay to sell in a few years and just sold a lens for $651.00.  the fees are outrageous.  who the hell expects to pull 10% and then paypal fees on top of that as a base line.  Sure, the seller is to "beware" as  is the buyer but give me a freakin break.  Will go local and Craigslist next time, I can do a lot for the customer with the $100.00 plus money Ebay charged me.  Things for EBAY will do the death spiral when there are only buyers and no sellers.  I am out until they can do better.  Hope someone at EBAY actually reads these posts who can make a difference.  Hugh

Message 440 of 1,161
latest reply

Agree 100% with everyone here.  As a small seller, the small profit has changed to too small for the work.

@blondtxnurse wrote:

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 441 of 1,161
latest reply

I agree 100%.  Had a rude awakening after returning to ebay after not selling for a few years.  Sold a few comic books and got an invoice for over $200. Last time I'll be listing on here unless it's fixed.

Message 442 of 1,161
latest reply

10% Final Value Fee is way too high. I've been with Ebay since 1999 but will stop posting high value items on there. I sold a MacBook for $1500 and was charged $150 for the sale.
Message 443 of 1,161
latest reply

Ebay fee's = highway robbery. 

I'll never sell another item on ebay. I've been busy selling this month but will never sell again unless they drop their final value fee under 3%. 

What a joke...now their even taking 10% of shipping cost. Should be against the law!!! 

Total BS!!  eBayS profit taking. 

Message 444 of 1,161
latest reply

My income profit if I manage to sell something is counted in pennies when ebay takes 10%, paypal takes 5% and paypal currency conversion to bank takes about 3% of the rest. And then I still have to pay for the shipping. It's like you can work for free or keep the product yourself. So I'm really trying to find a popular worldwide online market site that has lower fees.

Message 445 of 1,161
latest reply

Ebay charges fees on everything from paypal...to usps charge ...even if you went to usps.com and then gave the tracking number on ebay you would still be charged a fee for that

everything has fees.....

I dont know Im thinking of going on craigslist

Message 446 of 1,161
latest reply

Big bull**bleep** from now. With max 20 free insertion for free per month they  will loose a lot, anyway 10% commision plus paypal commision is huge. I won t pay any fees for posting. Do you know other sites where I can sell like here ?

@blondtxnurse wrote:

Message 447 of 1,161
latest reply

Not only are the fees getting ridiculous, the views have dropped dramatically in the last year.  So now you are paying more for less exposure.

Message 448 of 1,161
latest reply

What is the point??? I sold a guitar amp for £150 and that was cheap! and ended up paying £25.... Its robbery.

Message 449 of 1,161
latest reply

EBID is only 3% final value compared to ebays shocking 10% greedy.

Message 450 of 1,161
latest reply