cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

Has anybody called them and talked to them about this absurd fee? Have they done a one time lowering of it? 

<script src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/cd68570c/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
Message 301 of 1,161
latest reply

Call who, some foreigner who can barely speak english and can only read prompts from a screen. Bottom line stop selling with them, use craigslist or Amazon.  I'm waiting for this greedy company to start with a buyers fee or member fee next. When the CEO needs a 15th house or 28th car, maybe it will start.

Message 302 of 1,161
latest reply

I don't sell much on here, but was SHOCKED to see a 10% fee to Ebay for hosting my auction. For what? I remember a sliding scale starting at 3%. Screw you, I'm done.
Message 303 of 1,161
latest reply

You are not the only one, I think they need the fees to pay the unqualified individuals who work for them. They ban people for having LOW DSR. NO ONE CARES ABOUT DSR.

This company is going to zero.... spinning off paypal is a last ditch effort to save the value it has left....

@blondtxnurse wrote:

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 304 of 1,161
latest reply

Wow, I haven't used eBay in a while, came on and sold an item for $65. eBay took $6.50 and PayPal took $3 and then I paid $5 to ship it. so I made only about $50, what a ripoff. eBay could take $1 from every auction and they would still make millions a day, there is no need to take so much of my money for a buy it now auction that was listed for 2 days...

Back to Craigslist for me. I am not an eBay store, I can't afford getting nickle and dimed the whole way for every item.

Message 305 of 1,161
latest reply

I completely agree I have a lot of things but I don't think I'm going to be selling them on eBay
Message 306 of 1,161
latest reply

wow, I have to agree. It's been a while since I have sold anything on e-bay and It is hard to swallow $4.25 in fees for a $40 sale. What a rip-off !!!

If you sell something for $40 and you paid $30 for it you make a whopping $5.75 and they make $4.25

What a disappointment.  I have to recalculate to see if selling is worth the time, especially since they will also take a cut out of me with their subsidiary PayPal!!!

Message 307 of 1,161
latest reply

i sold an item for $ 300.00 first they took $ 9.00 for the item then charge me another $ 30.00 not to mention then the funds were not aVailable until 21 days now what in the hell is that ???

Message 308 of 1,161
latest reply

I generally sell old computers that were donated or given to me for free, that's the ONLY reason I even sell on eBay. God forbid actually having to buy items and selling them to turn a profit- heck, I'd be better off going on welfare XD

When they start loosing their userbase to craigslist and other emerging sites, I guess they'll learn the lesson- if you become irrelevant, you drown in the internet. But right now they believe they're untouchable.

------------------------

Who mouths inanity disorders thought for all who listen. ~Richard Mitchell
Message 309 of 1,161
latest reply

Good luck selling it on Craigslist then.  Ebay gives you the WHOLE United States as a market.  That is the reason for fees, to advertise your item for you.  Better than Amazon that charges 20% PLUS.

Message 310 of 1,161
latest reply

I feel your pain... rip you off big time... also one time just recently they took 14 dollars from me and 5 was from a 50 buck sale and I had free shipping on it which I came out with 35 .. I forgot to take off free shipping.. It was only a dvd but still cost me 4 bucks.. but back to the 14 dollar thing no reason the should have taken the additional 9 dollars because i did not selling anything and the listing fees are creditied...

I try to sell big items off line on craigslist all the time .... I sold a good leaf blower locally for 275.. If I would have sold it here I would have come out with under 190

Ebay give all the money breaks to the real high power sellers just like the gov gives all the rich people tax breaks.. Ebay robs the small person blind

Message 311 of 1,161
latest reply

what also sucks bout ebay is they started to take fees from your shipping price which a bunch of **bleep**.... every one added a bit extra on for gas to USPS, shipping supplies etc etc which add up... and would also help making up for the fees they charge.. they said Hell ...theses sellers are taking money from us so letds charge fees on shipping and what is a joke they tell you to offer free shipping AHAHHAAHA Are they out of the skull.. Yea Im going to offer free shipping on something that weighs 50 plus lbs and around 40 to ship

Message 312 of 1,161
latest reply

You can't use EBAY thinking you're going to make a ton of $$. To be competitive you have to really discount your item or sell in huge quantities. So, for the little guy like me, the only good thing  EBAY  is for are items that you would otherwise give away, donate to the Goodwill or Salvation Army.  Then, even with the fees you at least clear a few bucks cash which is better than a tiny tax deduction.  I have tried to sell some genuine gold jewelry for a really cheap price but can't get the items sold unless I give them away.  Not going to do that when there are genuine stones and gold involved.  So I will just sell excess  items I have around the house to get a few bucks rather than none....Ebay, an online garage sale!!!

Message 313 of 1,161
latest reply

Just sold several items on Ebay after not selling for awhile.  OMG!!!   Sold an item for $259,  minus $25.90 final value fee, minus $7.81 for Paypal and $20 for shipping!!!!     10%  fee on shipping too?  Are you serious!!

I was just about to list $20,000 worth of machine tooling.  NO WAY!!

Message 314 of 1,161
latest reply

Since I am blabbing on and on tonite..............

Ebay should have an app that can detect overshipping. Don't know how they would do it, but really think it can be done.

Base it on weight and if you are within a certain % of actual shipping only charge for gross overcharges???????????????

Or say the first 2-3 pounds are no charge and anything over is whatever they are charging now. This took like 2 secs. for me to come up with. Why can't ebay be as productive????

Problems can be solved in our world. People choose not to do anything.

Message 315 of 1,161
latest reply