cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

What we need here is a one day boycott of ebay! Let them lose millions and then maybe they will see the light. Instead of a little piece of the pie, they want the whole pie. They have some nerve charging for postage when they have nothing to do with it  A lot of sellers have to drive to the post office. That means paying for gas and time. Ebay-paypal think they deserve a cut in the postage price you charge. I say BOTCOTT them for a day or 2. You would have to setup 1 particular day, say, like May 30th, Memorial Day and don't post or buy anything.

Message 16 of 1,161
latest reply

Fluke, that never works, even in the gas boycott this day.  first you never get everybody on ship. Second, the ones that do it, will double up the day before or the day after, so there is no change for in that quarter. business's work off of quarter reports not a daily report because you are always going to have a bad day here and there no matter what business you are in, restaurant, gas station, internet business, any B&M store, doesn't matter. But if a business takes a hit in a quarter, that is when they look to see what is happening.

If you think a 1 day boycott means something, go ahead, you can start.

Message 17 of 1,161
latest reply

Actually, Memorial Day is to soon to set up a boycott. We need time to get the word out there. Say, Labor Day weekend in Sept. sounds a lot better. That's plenty of time. We need everyone to participate, spread the word, no buying or selling on labor day weekend.

Message 18 of 1,161
latest reply

Unacceptable,It appears to me that eBay is doing lots of things to make it hard on their sellers and the final value fees are only one of them!

So BYE BYE Ebay.

Message 19 of 1,161
latest reply

eBay's staff is huge plus the benefits they receive.  The final fee on shipping, a major laugh since I'm supplying the labor and gas to ship my items.  I wonder if using PP's Market Place Postal Center is cheaper?  

Last week I listed around 37 products from shoe, waders, dvd drives, men's ties to ceiling fan parts only selling 16 items for a total of $499.  My eBay fees were almost $73... 

Message 20 of 1,161
latest reply

SO angry!

Store fees doubled if not x5 for anchor!!!!

Feel bad for those with 100,000+ listings, that was costing them .01 a month per listing, now .05 !!!!

My premium went from .05 to .10. That means 2,000 fixed a month was costing me $100, now its $200 !!!!  Even with the free listings to cover up their butt *ape, they think we wont catch on?

I got fooled for a month or so, I was looking forward to jumping to anchor this June. Now I see the small print changes, and realize its an over all price hick !!!

Message 21 of 1,161
latest reply

acesuphobbyshop2007
Enthusiast

I started selling again this month after a year break. I started again when I saw the "free" 50 listings in my email. I have sold 13 items and my fees are $70.09. That's just ebay fee's. I honestly don't think this is even worth it anymore. Is there another auction site? Please reply.

Message 22 of 1,161
latest reply

I am so mad at Ebays pricing games. Would move in a second if I found a better site! Shame on Ebay, their greed makes me sick!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 23 of 1,161
latest reply

Amazon ( and no I'm not going to call it the  River)  has  no  insertion  fees..

Message 24 of 1,161
latest reply

satellit800m
Enthusiast

All I have to say is:  The rich get richer and the poor get poorer...  Ebay and paypal are really screwing people!!! 

Message 25 of 1,161
latest reply

Like big business it's their bottom line that matters to them.

Not ours.

When youre the only good game in town pay up or shut up

JMHO

Message 26 of 1,161
latest reply

If it weren't for the jerks that tried to circumvent the ebay sales commission by selling stuff for a dollar and charging the whole cost of the item in shipping we wouldn't have the final value fee on shipping.

Message 27 of 1,161
latest reply

Ebay does not need seller's ! They need buyer's , They have huge accounts so all this for lack of a better term Mom and Pop selling that goes on ( like myself ) is just icing on the cake for their Companies. If you open a store you now have to do it yearly or you pay a higher monthly fee for the store, the insertion fees jumped for a Premium store to 0.10 per listing it was 0.05 but they give you 500 listings for free. In my case nothing changed as I run 1000 to 1600 listing per month. I have been selling on here sense 2001 it has never been cheap will never be cheap. 

As far as Amazon not cheap they have fees to and lots of them and lots of rules ect... You just have to make sure when you purchase to sell that it will make you a profit after all the fees and shipping ect.... otherwise it is just a hobby and a slow costly one!

Message 28 of 1,161
latest reply

The new 10% across the board final value fee for small sellers, plus ebay's cut of the postage, and then another hand in your pocket via paypal, means that you are looking at a minimum of 15% of the total price going to them.

I will be doing my best to sell elsewhere from now on.  I am a very small seller, but I would rather keep things than hand 15% away for hosting an auction, and requiring me to use their service for payments.

This move, as well as what they are doing to major sellers, is going to come back to haunt them.  They are finally hitting the point where enough sellers will jump ship to give credibility to other sites, and they will never come back.

Message 29 of 1,161
latest reply

The part that gets me is they include the cost of shipping in determining the final value.  How can that be legal.  I had taken a break and gone back to selling my collectibles directly to retailers and on craigslist and local FB garage sales and ebay sucked me back in by offering no insertion fees.  After factoring in the paypal fees along with what ebay is charging I am now paying over 20 percent.  Lesson learned.

Message 30 of 1,161
latest reply