cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

@madisoncheryl wrote:

I am in agreement!  EBay's fees are way too high!  I just started purchasing postage through them instead of USPS and now see that EBay is also charging a "Final Value Fee" on the postage amounts... Ridiculous!

After many years on Ebay... I am gong to find somewhere else to sell

They charge FVF on the shipping cost no matter where you buy the postage. They've been doing it for 3 years. If you're just noticing, you're doing a lousy job of running your business.

Message 226 of 1,161
latest reply

You are spot on. I agree that fees are too high and it makes me sad that I can't make the money I used to when it cost me less than 10% to sell something even after shipping, but there is nowhere else to go in my opinion. The market can obviously bear the high fees since people are still selling here.  I prefer just to buy on here now, rather than sell. So I do what I am supposed to do when I don't want to pay the high fees, I stop selling here and sell locally instead. Downside is fewer buyers and often my stuff doesn't sell for months as the right buyer doesn't see my listing. 

Oh and don't say monopoly! Government might step in and sue them! LOL

Message 227 of 1,161
latest reply

I stopped seling large items on Ebay last year due to the fees.   I had forgotten just how bad they were and recently sold a laptop here for which Ebay wants me to pay them 56 dollars and another 20 to the payment place, 70 dollars for a 525 sale?   

I hope Ebay reads this, you will get your money this time but you won't get my business again with these fees.   I'm selling a car currently on Ebay and the fee is set at an x dollar amount, that's reasonable.   But 56 dollars for me to sell a laptop, never again Ebay ... I promise.   There's too many other reasonable resources out there to sell items and while I don't expect to list or sell for free I do expect it to be reasonable.

Message 228 of 1,161
latest reply

Yes, after I finish selling my remaining inventory I am quitting eBay. There are so many other sites to use that are fair with fees. 

I would like to see as many sellers as possible close their eBay accounts. Final value fee on shipping!  ridiculous. Greedy.

I used to make money, but with the packing materials, fees and such, I have to charge more money then an item can get .

So its lose lose.

Fed up and frustrated. 

Message 229 of 1,161
latest reply

But the other sites don't get enough traffic to make money. 

Message 230 of 1,161
latest reply

Your fees are way too high now. Bye bye ebay!

Message 231 of 1,161
latest reply

sd-brightis
Thrill-Seeker

Low end items (are the only stuff worth here nowadays, no more high end phones). They are only ones safe here and won't worry if you loose (ebay still gets the $). I agree with previous post bout paypal doesnt have to be the only greatness. Im sure you don't like being forced.... there are soo many payments systems available nowadays let the people migrate to there or just take CCs directly. Basically anything your not afraid to loose you can throw to the bay, since they protect you anymore its worthless, and yes the endless fees too (with the new .25c on fixed listings). An alternative, (I know the traffic comes in easy here) but if you make your own sale site, you have to interprit how to do that On Your Own (traffic thing same way ebay gets). Chao and good selling

Message 232 of 1,161
latest reply

Ebay or Feebay absolutley greedy to the max. I bought a pinball machine from a crook in Altona Meadows Vic. Item was far from accurate description. It was frankly a piece of junk that left me $1640 out of pocket and a repair bill of over $1000. The crook selling it was probably charged $125 in feebay fees.

Feebay did sweet FA when i asked for buyer protection and simply handballed it to the police. The crook continued to trade his junk to other buyers while feebay just kept grabbing more fees of him even though i reported his items for being inaccurate they again did nothing.

When the bs ebay survey came in the email they asked what they could do to make it right given i was thousands out of pocket. I suggested they give me 3 fee free listings until 3 restored machines i had were sold?

Did i hear back from them? Of course i didn't ! All they care about is their own dollars while their customers get robbed right under their noses!

Meanwhile back at Gumtree all is well.

Message 233 of 1,161
latest reply

i was shocked when ebay anounced the final value fee..it changed everything about this site, no longer just a auction site with listing fees... its sad ebay went this route , otherwise they could have captured all sellers and buyers...not they limit themselves greatly to there customer base...i stopped selling allmost completely here, craigslist is my seller site now..i live in large city, so its as good as ebay...at least i get 100% of my sales back to me.....ebay forgot that the seller has to ship, but the final value fee continues, and its bad to sell items on ebay that are low $ sales

Message 234 of 1,161
latest reply

I also agree fees are way too high. Just sold a $400 gift card for $380 and had $53.17 in fees between PayPal and eBay.

I stay at home with my kids and had been considering attempting a small buying and selling business on eBay, but I just don't see how it can be worth the time with them taking 10% off the top, plus other auction fees and paypal.

I've been buying a lot of my stuff on Amazon over the past year. Prices are competitive and shipping is awesome.

I also wish someone would compete with eBay and focus in helping sellers make money. Customers don't make them any money, sellers do. Raise seller prices, customer prices go up and you lose customers to other sites like Amazon or brick and mortar stores once pricing is similar.
Message 235 of 1,161
latest reply

Final value fees TOO **bleep** HIGH!!!!

Message 236 of 1,161
latest reply

Yes, ebay is charging way too much, its better to sell on craigslist, we are doing all the work and all ebay does is run the website, just take 2% instead of 15%. thats way too much.

Message 237 of 1,161
latest reply

Yep, after making just cents on my last sold item in Ebay after final fees I'm definitely mving on to Amazon or Craigslist. I'd make more begging on the streets than selling on Ebay with these excessive fees...

Message 238 of 1,161
latest reply

Falco, if you don't like the fees here then you are not going to like them at amazon seeing they are more there.

Message 239 of 1,161
latest reply

Yup just sold a phone for 420.00 so i have to pay 42 dollars for shipping, another 12.50 to paypal and another 15.00 to ship so i am out $69.50.  This is the last time I am selling on ebay.  unless they lower thier final value fee.  I don't see why they are willing to jack up the fee and risk losing all these people using their website.

Message 240 of 1,161
latest reply