cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

I sold 2 iPhones and I was charged $66 final value. What is this? Is this really normal or I am doing something wrong?

Message 196 of 1,161
latest reply

i had a HD TV for auction for 1,500, the bidder won still hasnt pay me and ebay already charged me a $160.00 final value fee lol? ebay thinks we are getting these items for free

Message 197 of 1,161
latest reply

@best_trusted_seller wrote:

I sold 2 iPhones and I was charged $66 final value. What is this? Is this really normal or I am doing something wrong?

Of course it's normal. You didn't check into the fees for selling before you listed the phones?

Message 198 of 1,161
latest reply

I just paid my ebay fees which means ebay took the money from my account.  The fee this month, a month in which I have sold $224 in the last 30 days and which sucks big time, was $75.  That is 33% of my profit and does not even include paypal fees.

Whoop ti do.  Thanks for nothing, ebay.

Message 199 of 1,161
latest reply

How was it so much? Did you use bold listings for all of them and other upgrades? It should have been less than $23.

Message 200 of 1,161
latest reply

Dear Ebay,

Obviously, you have no respect for your users- ie. your sellers.  If you believed that your sellers were legitimate, professional business-people, you would treat us like you treat yourself.  Do you want to know what your costs are, before you start a project?  Hmmm... I'll bet you do.  But, us, well, obviously we aren't that important... why should you have to tell us what the cost of doing business is?  Give us an estimate, then "calculate" it after the fact.  Yeah, clearly, we aren't important enough to deserve a clear, calculable series of costs.  Nah.  Give us a low-ish estimate, then slap us with a higher fee after we've made a sale.  We're captive at that point, so... Yeah.  Clearly, creating a long term relationship with me is not in your best interest, because you have severely **bleep** me off.  I'm a professional, and I want to know my costs.  You want to treat me like a kindergartner, and raise my costs arbitrarily?  Fine.  I'll just be advised that I am waisting my time having anything to do with you guys.  Seriously, you can't just tell me what its going to cost, up front, to sell something on your platform?  Effing ridiculous.  I don't think you'd accept that same level of heavy-handedness , so, thank you for making it clear that you despise your customers.  Let's just see how well that works out for you..

Message 201 of 1,161
latest reply

Figures.  I get on Ebay when they're essentially looting the money of the people that build it and make it work for Ebay Fees "Inc."  Probably not going to sell more now.

Message 202 of 1,161
latest reply

Man, I was about to start selling again in Ebay (after many many years) and was horrifired to see the listing and valuation fees.   To sell an item on Etsy for $3.50, total to pay if sold is .35c, for the SAME item on Ebay, total to pay if sold is $3.68!!!  F^&K, they must be bloody joking.  That is just greed at play here.  I spoke to a rep on-line, "oh, but if you don't sell it, you don't pay the insertion fee??  **bleep**??!! So if I don't sell, it's free (what's the point of posting it), but if I do, it costs more than a quarter of sale price, less what it cost me, less Paypal fees. It's not worth it.  Ebay - aka FeeBay is an abosolute rilp off and from here on in, I will boycott even buying on Ebay.  Until of course, the fee's come down to a reasonable level, can't see that happening.  

Message 203 of 1,161
latest reply

For the first time in several years I posted an item for auction. It's interesting that I could never see how much it was going to cost me to sell it, but I remembered what it was in the past and figured I was fine. Anyway, my curosity got the best of me so I plugged my numbers into the fee calculator. WOW it's like 10% to sell an item and that doesn't even include the PayPal fees!

I'll let this auction continue, but I'm not sure I'll be back. When I sell an item I like to end up with something in the end. It seems that eBay is the only one really making a profit here, not me. 

Message 204 of 1,161
latest reply

I agree...I don't sell that much, but I just gathered a bunch of things together and I was going to list all of them, but a friend alerted me that between the eBay fees and the PayPal fees, it's just not worth it. No to mention the time it takes to package everything securely and drive it to the post office. I think I'll just do ship-only Craigslist ads.

Message 205 of 1,161
latest reply

While they are a bit high, they are low relative to the cost of owning and operating an actual store. Or, if you tried to start your own website and get people to visit it and purchase your items, the cost for advertising would likely run you and me out of business. So, Ebay's fees really aren't that bad. I just wish they'd offer better customer service. The one thing I did to help sales in my Ebay store was to get a good domain name: www.NameBrandThrift.com and have it redirect to my Ebay store. Buy low, sell high, but still lower than everyone else, and you can make some money.
Message 206 of 1,161
latest reply

NO THIS IS MORE EBAY EXTORTION  THATS ALLL

Message 207 of 1,161
latest reply

The Final value fees include shipping and the cost of the item "Final value fees are based on the total amount of the sale, which is the final price of the item, shipping charges, and any other amounts you may charge the buyer. Sales tax is not included." So just charging a large shipping cost and low buy it now on a $273 item only saved my $3

Message 208 of 1,161
latest reply

The Final value fees include shipping and the cost of the item "Final value fees are based on the total amount of the sale, which is the final price of the item, shipping charges, and any other amounts you may charge the buyer. Sales tax is not included." So just charging a large shipping cost and low buy it now on a $273 item only saved my $3
Message 209 of 1,161
latest reply

Disgusted with ebay's current fee structure for private sellers.  As a mum having regular clothing clearouta, I have used ebay for many years for this purpose.  Many sales are of low value, but in our home, every little helps!   So to include postage costs, which are an actual cost I have to pay, when calculating the fees together with paypal fees, ebay is no longer a viable option for me (and many others).  Ebay I hope you are satisfied about driving long established customers away.  What a great Customer Service job. 

Message 210 of 1,161
latest reply