cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

Re: Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

I'm done as well, this **bleep** is ridiculous. I even paid them today and they went back into my account and took an extra $50. This is coming from a high rated seller with no negative reviews. I'm done with eBay and PayPal. I use to say good things about them, but not anymore.
Message 841 of 1,161
latest reply

I had to shut down my archer6u ebay store after selling there for years. I was paying over $500 in fees monthly.
Message 842 of 1,161
latest reply

I'm done with ebay. I just got charged 11% in fees and one of my larger purchases was cancelled by the buyer because I didn't ship it fast enough to him. This site is garbage now.

Message 843 of 1,161
latest reply

I have not sold on ebay for over 8 years until recently I did not know about the fees being so high now. So I put lower shipping then I pay and lower prices for what I can get for my Fiestaware anywhere else " thinking" I will just make a little profit, but today I am BLOWN AWAY TO SEE 10% FINAL VALUE FEES AND EVEN ON SHIPPING! I ended up losing out!

I am going back to selling these on etsy! I get more money at my etsy store for my items and fees are much much lower!

Buyers look for deals on eBay and it is hard to give a good deal with these fees! As a matter of fact I can not! I have to raise my prices.

Message 844 of 1,161
latest reply

Adding to rant, just sold an item for the first time in years and got charged about $200 in fees, now my item is gone and i lost money on the sale.... SCREW YOU EBAY.

Message 845 of 1,161
latest reply

I have to agree, I've been selling for a month now and got my bill of 235 that I owe!! I'M **bleep**
Message 846 of 1,161
latest reply

Wow!!! I have been selling for a month and I just got my invoice that I owe 245!!! I'm so mad
Message 847 of 1,161
latest reply

I'm with you, this is only my 1st month selling my stuff and got a invoice today saying I owe 245!! I'm so mad
Message 848 of 1,161
latest reply

I just sold an item and can't believe the final fee price. I think they are nuts now! 11% is stupid high. Are they listening to us or they just don't care. I won't list any more things here

Message 849 of 1,161
latest reply

Totally agree... WAY too expensive... no more selling on eBay for me!

I guess there are no eBay moderators on this message boards... just take the money and run... rat **bleep**s!!

Message 850 of 1,161
latest reply

Yup.... Been an ebay member for 16 years.  Used to be a pretty good deal.  Fees are now 10%.  Think I'm done selling here.  Lots more places to sell.  Let them have 10% of nothing from here on.

Message 851 of 1,161
latest reply

Back in the day, the "good ol' times, if you will,  When ebay was young and selling was fun, ebay charged Final Value Fee on selling price of item only.  So sellers started to sell their items for a nominal fee, like a $1.00 and then charged a shipping and handling fee of a large enough amount to cover shipping and also hefty amount (handling) to cover a good profit on the item,  Say s/h of $20.00, then paid $5.00 shipping and had 15.00 left over for profit that didn't get a Final Value Fee.

Ebay caught on to this ploy pretty quickly and did two things:  1)  Put a final value fee on the item sales price and price of shipping. & 2) instituted guidelines that covered excessive shipping/ handling charges. 

And that  is how Final Value Fees on postage as well as the item being sold.

Message 852 of 1,161
latest reply

been selling on eBay for nearly a month sold between 15 and 20 items for 166 pound altogether so far .... i pay automatically for fees i have paid 24 pound in fees to ebay already for basically leaving there computers turned on somewhere and then ive paid charges to paypal  and then ive paid postage for all these items lets say 20 pound even though its more like 40 . ive literally gave half my money away and the other half ive actually worked for anyway well thats how it feels taking pictures listing items packaging them posting them ........ i own the god **bleep** item i just want to sell it and send it and recieve all the money 

except a one off fee maybe a pound it shouldnt matter how much an item sells for unless your the tax man ....... once my items are finished im done forever with ebay .i take all the risk you make all the profit .      ebay paypal google .... tax dodges passing there bills down to us .. like the money we make them isnt good enough to pay there own bills and charges .

Message 853 of 1,161
latest reply

I'm done. I received my latest Ebay invoice and the selling fees are beyond ridiculous. The downward slide started when they took aways sellers ability to leave negative feedback for buyers, and this is the final nail in the coffin for me. I'll buy here if I need to but my selling days are done!

Message 854 of 1,161
latest reply

So I just sold a GTX 1080 for $552.00 plus an additional $20.00 for shipping. Ebay nailed me for $58.20 and PayPal hit me for $16.89. That's a combined 13% off the profit made on something that I OWNED. They included shipping in this fee as well, which is kind of a double whammy, because I pay taxes on shipping, too. So my actual profit after shipping and fees was $476.91.

I haven't sold on eBay in a while, so I on selling this item I stupidly believed that the fees charged for selling items were still reasonable.

Big mistake.

Screw eBay... I WILL NEVER SELL ON THIS SITE AGAIN. WHEN THE BUYER CONFIRMS THEY RECEIVED THE PRODUCT IN GOOD CONDITION, I AM MURDERING MY ACCOUNT.

Message 855 of 1,161
latest reply