cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

Re: Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

I have sold a lot of items through Craiglist. Soon I will be off my feet from Ebay site, I have just sold an item $1800 total, Paypal fee = $52. Ebay fee = $175.

Wow, no wonder Ebay owner become is bilinear, richer richer and fatter, I remember she's was trying to run for California Governor and expect from her own pocket for almost $200 just like a piece of cake, because she take it entirely back in no time by ripping other people away.

Message 826 of 1,161
latest reply

when did they raise their fees I thought they were still 3 percent.  10% is ridiculously too high.  Once my items run their course I think I'm done.  Tired of them charging me for insertion fees that were supposed to be free.

Message 827 of 1,161
latest reply

Agreed. Fee tooooooo dammmm high
Message 828 of 1,161
latest reply

I just sold an item for 209 bucks and my fee for the month was $155! I also paid for faster shipping to customer not aware of the eBay rip off fees and now actually lost money in this process!!!! Disgusted and I feel like eBay stole from me!
Message 829 of 1,161
latest reply

Same here I sold a trail camera for 406$ n then got charged 63$ for the sale. What a rip off!!!!
Message 830 of 1,161
latest reply

Message 831 of 1,161
latest reply

Disgusted. I'm looking for a new platform - replacement - for both eBay and PayPal. The fees are ABSURD and this will come back to haunt eBay as it makes them look slimy, greedy and vulnerable to being no longer relevant. They get a few from my sale, a few off my postage, a fee off the PayPal transaction and a fee for me to access my money that they hold for 'x' amount of days and receive float from. 

And just what amazing service did they provide?

They hosted a few pics and accepted a bid. Oh and they forwarded on a payment and provided **bleep**py customer service on both the eBay support and PayPal support ends. For this they get 15% of my sales? I did all the freakin work. At best they deserve 5% and that would be well compensating the value added. 

But right now, there is little value to the relationship and if I find the right alternative, I'll drop them both without a care.

Now I know what so many of my old favorite sellers just disappeared from the site when I looked for them after me being off line for 7 years. All these power sellers....gone. I wonder why.

No, actually I don't. I know why now.

Message 832 of 1,161
latest reply

You are fortunate if you make any sort of profit when selling on ebay.  I am totally against the fact that they include the shipping fee as part of the final value fee and charge a percentage of that.  Absolutely unfair.  I don't receive the postage as profit.  It goes to the pos office.  I'm seriously considering taking more action regarding this.  Anybody want to joint me?

Message 833 of 1,161
latest reply

You are fortunate if you make any sort of profit when selling on ebay.  I am totally against the fact that they include the shipping fee as part of the final value fee and charge a percentage of that.  Absolutely unfair.  I don't receive the postage as profit.  It goes to the pos office.  I'm seriously considering taking more action regarding this.  Anybody want to joint me?

Message 834 of 1,161
latest reply

just to put ebay in check...I sold 7 items for 40 dollars before fees. They were supposed to take 10 percent right? Nope..then they charge you on shipping as well. Out of 40 bucks I just got 29...will be removing myself from selling on ebay..that is 25 percent charges and unethical..!! 

Message 835 of 1,161
latest reply

It has been some time, since I have sold anything on ebay.  Boy was I in for a surprise!!!  I knew ebay's fees had gone up, but  I did realize just how much until I sold an item today.  There's also a significant charge from Paypal as well.  TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT!!  I will be using Craigslist and LetGo to sell items from here on out!  See ya ebay!

Message 836 of 1,161
latest reply

I have been an eBay user for 13 years.

Before I remember listing half a dozen items.  They all sold, the customers paid, I shipped, made say 300 bucks, and paid ebay like $12.

But I haven't used ebay in years.  I had a few items sitting in the garage and thought "hey I'll just ebay those and make room"

COMPLETELY DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE TODAY.

One item sold, but then the winner emailed me simply to say "I'm not paying for shipping."  Shipping was included in the auction.  What makes them think they can just not pay to have it shipped?  What an a-hole...  I call ebay, they tell me I can open a case, but at the end of the day it means that I only get my ebay fees refunded.  BIG WHOOP - in the past ebay would pay me automatically, then freeze the buyers paypal account until they cough up the dough.  No risk to me as a seller when my customer tries to rip me off.  NOT ANY MORE.

Another person wanted a complete refund because I didn't include the velcro strip (that came original in the box) to stick it to a surface.  Any velcro works, but they insisted on using the one that came in the box.  IT'S A USED ITEM - which means the velcro is gone, use some you picked up at Wal Mart for $2 jerk...

Then a third buyer simply didn't respond whatsoever, no payment nothing.  Again, ebay only offered to refund my selling fees.

This is out of SIX buyers.  HALF OF THEM either whined and **bleep**ed over trivial **bleep** or tried to scam me outright.

And the tiny bit that ebay used to charge back in the day?  HELL NO... it's 10% now, not just of what the item cost, BUT SHIPPING TOO??!!!!!!!

Ebay used to be a place where you could make a buck selling your stuff.  Now it's where they treat you with all the tender loving care of the I.R.S.

Last time I'll ever use them.  I have over 400 sales and 100% positive feedback, but never again

TERRIBLE SERVICE

TERRIBLE POLICIES

TERRIBLE PRICES

Goodbye ebay, forever. 

Message 837 of 1,161
latest reply

mbc64
Adventurer
In addition to their ridiculous fees and lack of support for sellers I find that you can no longer find bargains here. The sellers have to jack up the prices just to make a decent profit. I too am done with ebay.
Message 838 of 1,161
latest reply

mrsamsneed
Adventurer

after my final items sell. I am quitting Ebay.  There's no reason for fees to be this high when there is amazon, craigslist, 5miles, letgo, offerup, etc etc etc.

if ebay was smart, they would realize getting rid of these ridiculous costs would allow sellers again to compete with amazon.  I rarely buy things on ebay, unless i get lucky. Usually amazon is cheaper and faster 2 day shipping

Message 839 of 1,161
latest reply

EBAY ???? ARE YOU LISTENING ????

Message 840 of 1,161
latest reply