cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

Re: Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

I sold a phone for $417 and the bill came to be $44. That is insane. 

SCREW YOU EBAY. IM DONE WITH YOU!!!!!

Message 811 of 1,161
latest reply

Similar here. I've been a member since the early eBay days of 1997. Used to not be this way. You just paid listing fees. I sold my most cherished uber rare video game last December 2015 to cover an emergency. Netted $1,400 for it which believe it or not was a steal. After purchase, buyer demanded I insure it which was understandable given what they offered, but cost me $40 after eBay was no help in the dispute when I questioned having to pay for it  and would not let me relist it as in their minds the item sold (my listing did not include insurance). Between ebay and paypal, they took another roughly $200 dollars in the end. Not sure when things changed (im generally a buyer not a seller) but wish I had paid more attention as I would have never sold such a big ticket item had I known what eBay would take for no good reason. I wrongly assumed only PayPal would take their usual cut. The fact that eBay now double dips at a ridiculous rate is BS.

Message 812 of 1,161
latest reply

I hear that Ebay is about to raise fees again. This is because so many people are leaving ...because the fees are too high already. Sinking ship.
Message 813 of 1,161
latest reply

I'm also done with ebay.. these fees are effin ridiculous!
Message 814 of 1,161
latest reply

As a first time user of eBay I am gobsmacked!! I have been charged more in fees than I have actually earned!!! Surely this can't be right??? Won't be using eBay again !!! RIP OFF !!!
Message 815 of 1,161
latest reply

Ebay is a undercover scam
Message 816 of 1,161
latest reply

NEVER SELL ANYTHING ON EBAY AGAIN.

10% final value fee is a RIPOFF.

Message 817 of 1,161
latest reply

Yea, I am done with eBay as well. I only ever sold electronics and am finding reddit hardware swap to be a much better place.

Message 818 of 1,161
latest reply

Sold an item for 175 usd and had to pay 24 usd in selling fees. #RIPOFF

Message 819 of 1,161
latest reply

10% is too much

Message 820 of 1,161
latest reply

agree

Message 821 of 1,161
latest reply

100% agree

Message 822 of 1,161
latest reply

Agree

Message 823 of 1,161
latest reply

Absolutely agree!  that is how the site owner is billionair by ripping people off.

Message 824 of 1,161
latest reply

I have sold a lot of items through Craiglist. Soon I will be off my feet from Ebay site.

I have just sold an item $1800 total through Ebay, Paypal transfer fee = $52. Ebay seller fee = $175.

Wow, no wonder Ebay owner become is bilinear, richer richer and fatter, I remember she's was trying to run for California Governor and expect from her own pocket for almost 200 million just like a piece of cake, because she take it entirely back in no time by ripping other people away.

Message 825 of 1,161
latest reply