cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

Re: Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

I doubt I will buy or sell on ebay unless the fees are greatly reduced. A small cut I can understand but 10% plus some type of postage fee is ridiculous. I am angry and this will leave a bitter feeling because it was unexpected. Feels like greed.

Message 661 of 1,161
latest reply

Go here to complain:

1 (866) 540-3229

OR:

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

Help and Contact (at top of page and obscure)

Contact Us (bottom of page in blue)

Select:

Fees and Billing

Selling Fees

What are the fees for selling?

Call us (5am to 10pm PT)

Message 662 of 1,161
latest reply

I agree that Ebay's final value fees are quite a rip-off. I understand that they need to make money (as do people who sell items on consignment) but the real insult to those of us who live in remote parts of Canada is the adding of final value fees to postage. Our postal rates are already crazy high (understandable with a huge country and less snail mail to earn money these days) but now I have to charge my customers an extra 15% on the S&H just to cover the Ebay and PayPal fees.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck with Ebay. Certain items like stamps and coins require a larger market audience than many other items, and to go to a "Bricks and mortar" dealer, thay only pay 40% of Ebay average prices. So even after paying the 15% final value fees to Ebay and Paypal, I'm still a bit better ahead.

Message 663 of 1,161
latest reply

im just now realizing some of the fees that i have been paying that i have not paid attention to before. might be best to start looking at other companies like ebay. i need to check Bonanza out. they were rated high and their fees are much less overall

Message 664 of 1,161
latest reply

I know.  This week is the last week I'm selling on ebay and I have been selling since 2001.  They'll justify their reasons for overcharging by saying their costs and overhead have increased, and while that is true just by the nature of the world market (cost of living generally increases over time), to what length they have taken it remains questionable.  I think they're tending to their "need" aka: greed.  I'm switching to Etsy.  Granted Etsy may not have the level of exposure that ebay has, but I'd rather pay out 2-3% than 15-18% like they're charging here on ebay.  It's like anything dealing with businesses.  If we want change, we just need to take our business elsewhere.  Ebay is hitting us in the pocketbook, and we're choosing to leave.  So, if enough people also choose to  leave Ebay, then we'll be collectively hitting Ebay in the pocketbook by starving them of profits.  

Message 665 of 1,161
latest reply

I just sold a tractor on eBay for $14,500, they charged me over $600 in fees, and PayPal charged $420. **bleep**???  When I listed there were no WARNINGS that this would be the case. Not only that eBay put a 21 day hold on what was left over of my money even after the tractor was delivered and the buyer left a glowing feedback. Of course they are not paying me any interest on holding my money for me. I tried calling someone who would "give a **bleep**" but only got a hold of some foreign call center who could barely speak English. 

I so am done with eBay and PayPal.

And I will let anyone I know not to deal with these crooks any more.

Message 666 of 1,161
latest reply

I'm also in shock by eBay's outrageously high fees.  They charged me 10% for my completed listings!!!  I feel that's incredibly steep.  That doesn't even include the fees taken by PayPal.  I've been an eBay member since July 1999, and I'm struggling to find a reason to stick with eBay.  IS ANYONE FROM EBAY READING THIS???  There's got to be a better way.

Message 667 of 1,161
latest reply

Yup all done with eBay crooks, can't believe they charge final valve fees on postage. Never again! GREED!!!!
Message 668 of 1,161
latest reply

Don't buy stock in ebay
Message 669 of 1,161
latest reply

!?&$& I just got destroyed by the final value fee. Haven't even looked at PayPal yet... They certainly didn't mention this in the listing. That's my last item to sell on eBay.
Message 670 of 1,161
latest reply

ebay sucks, im moving to instagram or walo what ever

Message 671 of 1,161
latest reply

Final Value Fee's are way too high, I don't see why ebay needs a cut on what it cost me to ship an item.  Sure the buyer pays the actual shipping cost, but ebay needs a commission on this???  Fells like I'm paying commission three times over.  ebay, shipping costs and PayPal.

Message 672 of 1,161
latest reply

I too just got whacked with an invoice for "Final Value Fees".  I have been an eBay member for more than 10 years and have never had to pay 10% final value fees.  This is robbery.  I will never sell on eBay again.  None of this was mentioned when I created any listings over the past month.  I just got an invoice out of nowhere.  This should be illegal.

Message 673 of 1,161
latest reply

If you do not agree to these fees, and you were blind-sided by them, you should call in to eBay phone support and complain.  I just had a customer service rep tell me that I agree to pay 10% - but I never did.  I signed up for my account more than 10 years ago, long before this fee existed.  I never signed a new agreement for this site and it would illegal for them to change the agreement with me re-agreeing to the site.  I could prove this to the rep.  The rep told me there is a link in the fine print to show you final value fees.  The fine print mentions a percentage will be taken, but does not provide a link nor does it tell you what that percentage will be.  I also proved this to them.  After going through this, they refunded my final value listing fees.

I SUGGEST ANYONE WHO FINDS THIS FORUM THREAD DO THE SAME.  Get your money back and don't sell on eBay, at least until this fee is fixed.

Message 674 of 1,161
latest reply

Yikes, I just received an invoice for a couple items I sold. It's been quite a while since I sold on ebay and I was NOT expecting 10% coming off the top. And on the shipping too?? **bleep**....as it is the postal and UPS calculators screw you ovet by giving too low of a price...now eBay wants a piece of that? I remember the rules when I signed up years ago, that it was against eBay policy to make money on the shipping. I guess they changed the rules to benefit themselves.
Message 675 of 1,161
latest reply