cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

Re: Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

I'm going to try ebay for the first time. I see everyone complaining about the fees, its scary but consider the options... Brick & morter is expensive, storage is expensive, and getting ride of your stuff is what you need to do. So for me it sounds feasible.
Message 646 of 1,161
latest reply

Just wait until those hidden fees start mounting and sales are drooping, then you'll understand out collective frustrations. The ultra rich are getter richer with Davos Economic World Forum nonsense. They're all members of an Elitist Illuminati club including our own criminal governments, bankers, politicians, corporate CEO's. Middle class just being decimated in US, Europe and Canada including UK. The inflated stock markets bubbles are popping, somethings gotta give soon.

Message 647 of 1,161
latest reply

I did not sale stuff for several years and now I just put a couple of items on eBay and got chocked when I saw the fees... 10%... It is more that any sales taxe in the country!

I need to move out of eBay....

Message 648 of 1,161
latest reply

seriously is that bleeping necessary? why not write in all caps too?
Message 649 of 1,161
latest reply

Yea started selling on eBay and cannot make any profit with the fees they are charging
Message 650 of 1,161
latest reply

I was going to sell a Macbook Air on Ebay today, but after reading this thread and finding the Final Value rate at 10% I think I'll pass on Ebay.

Craigslist is somewhat sketchy and tedious, but there's absolutely NO final value fee, no Paypal fee, no postage and shipping fees, and no personal travel fees.

I believe this epitomises the sad truth of corrupt Capitalism. Ebay is huge but it's governed by a few - a few who please their pocketbooks, investors and crony reputations. Makes me sick.

Message 651 of 1,161
latest reply

Done with Ebay.  Just got socked with over 10% fee.  Over 620.00    Plus paypal fees....    You can lost 15-20% of the sales price.  RIDICULOUS.   I'm DONE with Ebay.

Message 652 of 1,161
latest reply

Agreed. I haven't sold anything in a while and was SHOCKED at the approximately 10% due. Ebay needs to start listening... Everyone on this thread should send a complaint!

Message 653 of 1,161
latest reply

Agreed.  Just got a bill for $87 after selling a computer for $875.

This is in addition to a $45 payment processing charge from PayPal.  

These are prohibitive costs for a casual seller.  This bill also came as a surprise because of the deliberately poorly designed site that doesn't do a good enough job of informing sellers what their fees will be.

Will think twice before using eBay again, this is an unfair business practice.

Message 654 of 1,161
latest reply

Say goodbye to this customer after todays (unexpected) invoice.  

Message 655 of 1,161
latest reply

I'm in the same boat and really discouraged. I owe eBay money now that I will never be able to pay off because they froze my acct and I can't list new items. What I have still listed stays but are low dollar items that have not sold in months.
I did not realize that my fed ex charges were not being pulled from my paypal acct. like my USPS oness were and had good sales for December but am now paying the price.
And I don't think it is fair to have to pay fees on the shipping money collected!
I'm not going to have a choice but to leave eBay. No new listings means no new revenue.
I did call and put in a request to be able to list more items and showed a history over the month of Jan of paying off fees owed with every sale and I was only $200 from paying off dec fees but just got a bill for $450 again today (fees and fed ex charges). I explained my situation and they did not care.
Message 656 of 1,161
latest reply

yup just sold some stuff and get slugged ebay fees and the a fee on the postage.

don't quite know how they can take a cut of the postage but it is outright greed.

Add to that the paypal fees and an inaccurate postage estimator costing me 2x the estimated postage and i get $220 for $310 worth of items sold.

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

enjoy my money because you won't see more of it

done for good with selling, i'll take my chances with gumtree and make more for each item sold.

I hope your company goes under and takes a few greedy /lazy shareholders too.

Pricks

Message 657 of 1,161
latest reply

HHAHAAHAHAAHAHA

The share price is less than half of what it was a year ago.

I hope they bleed themselves dry.

Message 658 of 1,161
latest reply

I haven't tried to sell anything in years. I was trying to sell my 18 YO son's old iPhone, totally unaware of the 10% fee.  As it turns out, the buyer did not pay, which was actually a blessing in disguise because I had to file a report, that is when I became aware of all the fees that eBay was expecting from the sale.  I would rather sell the phone locally or trade it in or even donate it than to give eBay that much of the profit.  Not to mention, I coudn't even give the non-paying buyer a negative review.

So this site is really totally a site for buyer to do what ever they please and to heck with sellers?  I'm done.  What a rotten lesson I taught my son!!  Basically I taught him EBay is a rip-off for sellers.

Message 659 of 1,161
latest reply

We're feeling it too. eBay is literally killing their sellers. If you own a store, you're talking more like 15%, not including shipping and handling. Buyers are unaware and only care about the best price they can get (which is understandable) but unless you're moving a ton of inventory that cost you next to nothing to aquire, eBay is no long feasible. The website also feels old and tired, and is the time it takes to list an item is at least 5x faster than comparable auction/sell sites.

I'm taking my business to Etsy until these guys come to their senses. 

Message 660 of 1,161
latest reply