cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

Re: Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

I'll never use eBay again. Total surprise when I got my invoice. Pay up sucker!!!
Message 631 of 1,161
latest reply

I just started selling on ebay again after taking a break for a few years..  When looking up final value fees however I came upon this thread. Looks like I'll be quitting ebay.

Message 632 of 1,161
latest reply

I re-registered after a few years away and today went to sell something only to see a $45 final value charge (not including any paypal or listing fee's).

This represents the entirety of my marging on the item to begin with.

I guess I never should have strayed from craigslist or kajiji 😕

Message 633 of 1,161
latest reply

What about ebid? There Final Value Fee Is only 3% or pay a once of $37.50 Australian and no fees for life. And it came second only to eBay in a recent independent survey . As a Google Shopping Marketplace Partner your eBid items have never had a bigger audience and recent sell through rates are theirbest ever. Import your items today from eBay into eBid for free and give there great value marketplace a go. Ebay needs a kick in the **bleep**.

Message 634 of 1,161
latest reply

As a buyer I love eBay. 

Message 635 of 1,161
latest reply

I was shocked seeing that there is such high Final Value Fees. After shipping and Paypal fees there is seriously not a great margin left, unless you try to rip off buyers, which obviously will result in less sales. 

I think 100% is outrageous and ridiculous

Message 636 of 1,161
latest reply

Amen to that. I just sold an Macbook Pro retina for $800 and my final value fee was $80! On top of that, PayPal hit me with their fees. I paid over $100 in fees alone making my Macbook Pro Retina sell for $695. That is insane!  Definitely not using eBay again thats for sure. Fees are jus to dam high!

Message 637 of 1,161
latest reply

wow 10% - i was sticker shocked witht he price for just a casual ebay seller, selling one item here n there i no longer need ect..  I think this need to be tiered . For the people liek my self selling 1 -10 items a month we should see a discount casual ebay fee - 3 -5 percent.. 10 is a bit high in my opinion.. sad. Ebay use to be so awesoem for the average joe.

@blondtxnurse wrote:

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 638 of 1,161
latest reply

Between the buyers who want something for nothing and eBay's fees, I'm done selling on ebay.

Message 639 of 1,161
latest reply

The selling fees are absurd, I hadn't sold anything on eBay in a few years, I sell three things and by the time I take in the cost of shipping (postage and materials), eBay fees and then PayPal fees (also owned by eBay) and then this wonderful new 10% fee I don't even think I'll have a profit.

I'll never sell anything on here again, if I"m going to give away something for free I would rather just give it to Goodwill rather than wasting my time setting up a listing and then shipping the item.

Greed is so amazing, this company is making money hands over fist for just hosting a website where sellers and buyers can go but then they think they deserve to take all of the profit from them as well, just amazing...

Message 640 of 1,161
latest reply

I just got hit up for a 10% Final Value Fee...Unbelievable! I had no idea it would be that high. I will never ever sell anything on E-Bay again.

@blondtxnurse wrote:

Message 641 of 1,161
latest reply

Holy Cr**, eBay suckered me in with their free listings promotion for sellers..  I should of  read all their fine print as tt's not free at all.. They only took a measly $0.30 insertion fee off their $130 of total fees!!  What a scammy promotion!   I sold an expensive, almost new electronics item for $1100 on eBay, and the eBay fees alone were over 10 at $113!!  Then on top of that their preferred Paypal system also charged me a fee as well, making me lose a great deal of money on the deal (I already took $300 less then what I purchased the item new just a few month prior).  Man, did eBay rip me off on this one good..  I was starting to get sold on selling on eBay until their invoice came in a month later and stick shocked me!!   What a rip off!

Message 642 of 1,161
latest reply

Hello. I also got charged a whopping 10% which is insane. I don't sell here too often but I certainly won't be selling any longer. I feel sorry for those who try to make a living selling on eBay. As if taxes aren't bad enough...
Message 643 of 1,161
latest reply

I share all your frustrations also. I'm in Canada and I just really got started on Ebay after part-timing this e-commerce thing and I feel I got involved at the absolute worst time ever. Shipping hikes, Ebay, PayPal fee hikes, ebay seller fees just decimating any profit potential. It's been costing me more in fees to post items for sale and barely having any sales. Almost $20 Cdn in fees for 16 items and I only sold one painting? Kijiji is no better. They all want the items practically for free! A global economic collapse on the horizon people. China and world stock markets are going bust. Markets are plunging with fiat currency based US paper money. It's been worthless for quite some time. I buy more things then I sell. Totally frustrated.

Message 644 of 1,161
latest reply

I have only just started selling and I didnt realise the fees were so high nowadays. I am completing my listings and moving future sales to the alternatives (Etsy and Ebid). The traffic is multiple times lower but Ebay have taken all the incentive away from hobby sellers. The only way Ebay will lower fees is for more people to do likewise.

Message 645 of 1,161
latest reply