cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

Re: Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

I hadn't sold anything on eBay in years and wanted to clear out a few items to get some space back... I priced these items at retail value with barely any profit factored in but was STUNNED to see the cut eBay is now taking, over 12%!?? I don't remember paying a 10% final value fee before, plus a fee on SHIPPING!? I charged MY COST TO SHIP which means I am now LOSING money to ship these items, plus having any profit on the item itself taken by eBay. And then some. Nowhere on the site does it list the percentage they take. Furious. I was planning to list a bunch of stuff in my warehouse but now I might take it to Salvation Army for a deduction... not worth the time and headache to sell on eBay only to get screwed in the end. Would rather give it away. Oh, and I need to wait nearly THREE WEEKS to get the payment from PayPal, which means they are earning interest on my money while I'm stuck with a loss. Unbelievable.

Message 571 of 1,161
latest reply

What ever happened to the caps on costs? I am also a long time sporatic e-bayer who just discovered the insane final value fees they are now charging. I have over the years split my selling activity between free sites as well as e-bay. I would do this mainly due to shipping issues on bulky items. I have found that even with the smaller items that this free site (I'm sure you know which site....CL) reaches customers across the United States. More and more I am contacted by people from this site asking me to ship. So, that being said, I must say that I am another e-bayer that will be moving all my business out of e-bay until their selling fees are more in line with reality. Does anyone know when e-bay lost the "cap" on final value fees? I remember selling cars that fees were capped at something like $150. Now the e-bay fee calculator shows the same sale at $770....unbelievable! Does this mean that after a few sales e-bay will send me to the British Isle for a weekend getaway for two? I won't hold my breath, and you shouldn't either, e-bay is probably trying to figure out how to get that from you too!

Message 572 of 1,161
latest reply

I've been on Ebay since '99.  Usually sell a few items each year.   Between getting a USPS shipping refund hassle and the astromical fees, this is my last time I'm selling on ebay.   

Between shipping and fees I'm paying almost 30% which is unreasonable and not worth my time.  Going to find other avenues including craigslist to sell stuff in the future.   

Hope the stock goes to zero because this company has lost it's way.

Message 573 of 1,161
latest reply

Absolutely agree. I used to sell on eBay all the time but recently I've taken to free services such as offer up and craigslist to bet my stuff sold now. No fees and I get my money right away. Between eBay fees and PayPal fees then shipping costs all my profit and more is taken. They even take a percentage off the shipping costs. Ridiculous. Then I have to wait about 2 weeks before I even see my money. SMH. Hopefully eBay will back to its old ways and stop trying be so money hungry.
Message 574 of 1,161
latest reply

Just discovered that selling my iPhone 6 for $500 has incurred a fee of $50.  TEN PERCENT!!!   BUYER BEWARE... CHECK YOU FEES BEFORE SELLING.  This is outrageous...

Message 575 of 1,161
latest reply

Looks like you still have Items on there?

Message 576 of 1,161
latest reply

First time seller... I got suckered in thinking a free listings ment no fees, nope, still final value fee!. Wow what a rip-off! I got better offers on craigslist than the deal sniping bidders. I should have taken them, with shipping, pay pal, ebay fees and low balling, not worth it, I would have.kept my stuff. Not to mention the poor website design, and help for new sellers. And the fact how PayPals integration with ebay sucks. I use to just buy on ebay, but I think I'll look somewhere else for my purchases.
Message 577 of 1,161
latest reply

There is no listing on final selling fee values. I was hit with this after selling an item for 1042$. 120$ fee. I went to look to see where they came up with this value. Couldn't find it. RIP OFF. The only way to make money is to sell in numbers. But for us everyday sellers its not worth it. Craiglist is the way to go!!! To bad. Ebay could do so much better if they weren't so **bleep** expensive.

Message 578 of 1,161
latest reply

It cost's 13% to sell on this scum bag site we all know that, but  I sold an electronic  item with no returns excepted. The buyer, an un experienced user of the product who doesn't know how to program it insists it is defective. So Ebay stands behind the buyer and forces me to return the item, even though it was listed as no returns excepted. There was absolutelynothing wrong with it, other then a dumb user. I loose the shipping costs and get my item back that was powered on and played with a person who had no idea what he was doing. This scum bag company rapes sellers and stands behind buyers who are clueless.

Message 579 of 1,161
latest reply

Yes the fee is really high previously you get all service for ~10% of the item price (listing, their cut, paypal) not it is freaking ridiculous, fee is really high. 10% ebay and 3% paypal..I just made my last transaction. Good bye eBay...You can't make any profit or atleast make reasonable sale for your items. Craigslist is a better place to do it, it might give you a smaller market and limit some options but there are ways to work around it....

ebay is not for sellers anymore...

Message 580 of 1,161
latest reply

For what money I take in on Ebay, I lose 10% off the top to Ebay, and 3.5% to Paypal. Leaves virtually no room. Wish someone would come up with a viable alternative..

Message 581 of 1,161
latest reply

Sell acar on here, it'll bake your eyes water. I sold agold coin for the wife, cost almost $200 in fees, seriously! That was after turning down a winning bidder from overseas who had terrible feedback. Never again for the big stuff on here.

Message 582 of 1,161
latest reply

I think is time to move out of ebay. Buy cheap on ebay and sell somewhere else. It is hard to make a profit when they charge even on your shipping.
Message 583 of 1,161
latest reply

I think is time to move out of ebay. Buy cheap on ebay and sell somewhere else. It is hard to make a profit when they charge even on your shipping.
Message 584 of 1,161
latest reply

We just returned to ebay after not selling for almost 10 years. The fees today are absolutely exploitative and an absolute insult to their entire seller community. Ebay should be ashamed of themselves. Have found some great alternatives with 4 letter domain names and will not do business with ebay ever again once my current auctions end. Shame on you ebay!!! Disgusting!!!!!!

Message 585 of 1,161
latest reply