cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

Re: Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

I'm done with Ebay. I'll continue to buy, but i'll be looking elsewhere to sell.

10% fee is an outright scam. I hope Ebay's greed ends up ruining them.

Message 526 of 1,161
latest reply

Seriously!? 10% Ebay????

I sell hatching eggs for $25 free shipping...
Ebay takes  $2.50
Paypal takes $1.20
And I still have to pay shipping!!!
I'm left with $15 usually after selling 50 eggs...
Absurd...
Whats WRONG with yall???

There used to be NO FINAL VALUE FEE if it was under $50

Cmon yall..
Thats messed up

Message 527 of 1,161
latest reply

Final Value fees are nothing short of a rip off!

I listed 1 item. Sold it for $187.50. A month later Ebay charges me $18.75. 10 freaking percent of the sale!

Had I known the excessiveness of the charge I would not have listed on Ebay. 

I am a first time seller so I am sure I missed the boiler plate from Ebay about charging 10% of the sale. So lessoned learned. However, I saw lots Ebay advertising about 'FREE' listing and virtially nothing about this hidden fee. I don't like the scammy way Ebay does business. Guess it is legal but just barley. 

I should have done my homework and researched all the complaints about this fee. I see I am not the only one upset about this.

The good news, there is an alternative to Ebay. I think I will look into Amazon. So long Ebay it was not nice knowing you!

Message 528 of 1,161
latest reply

Ebay can suck eggs!  100% Crooks    Format is ruined and they side with the scammers.   The Feedback forum is a huge joke now.

It was good 10 years ago but this greedy company fd it all up.

Message 529 of 1,161
latest reply

And the hold on $$$$ 100% feedback after 15 years and you hold my money waiting for a lazy bidder to leave feedback.
Message 530 of 1,161
latest reply

Unfortunately, good sellers are once again paying the price for poor ones and crooks. Ebay is making huge profits with these higher FVF $$. They justify it with a claim they are providing services that warrant the increase. The truth be known, they are covering their" Buyer Protection" program by skimming $ off good sales to pay for **bleep**py sellers and generating a little more profit as they go. I would not continue to do business here if there were better choices. I doubt that will will see any change in this issue as once they set a bar, they never lower it again unless they are forced to by a huge walk off in customer numbers. Not going to happen, and they know it.

Message 531 of 1,161
latest reply

Totally disgusted with the excessive fees and Final Value Fees!! And as others have noted, Paypal holds your funds regardless of your rating.

I am withdrawing all activity from Ebay after my current experiences. Who regulates this stuff?

Message 532 of 1,161
latest reply

It is very annoying selling an item here and ebay makes more profit from it than you..
you buy an item for  $100 then you list it for $130 and you will get $113 after the fees...

Message 533 of 1,161
latest reply

Totally agree they side with scammers. Read feedbacks before you buy, especially jewlers the bigger sellers it's suprising what you will find. You'd think Ebay would shut down these scumbags, but they are generating huge profits ripping people off and Ebay apparently doesn't want to interupt the cash flow.
Message 534 of 1,161
latest reply

Well now I am getting hit by the buyThis is a ripoff, scammer didnt like his hat....then why did he buy it.  Ive bought things I did not really like, suck it up and stop being a buyer/whiner

Message 535 of 1,161
latest reply

It's ridiculous, isn't it? I haven't sold anything on eBay in a while and I went to list an item last week and I couldn't believe how much they were going to soak me for thier fees. I'll sell my stuff on Craigslist now.

Message 536 of 1,161
latest reply

This is outrageous. After ten years of selling on eBay, I will never sell here again. I hope eBay goes under for doing this to people. It should be criminal. 

Message 537 of 1,161
latest reply

That is crazy, eBay used to be a good place to sell extra odd and ends around the house for the little guy. Or a business for the an experienced seller. eBay needs to reduce the seller fees or some other company will end up doing it for them. 

Message 538 of 1,161
latest reply

**bleep** ebay!!! I ridiculously ripped money from ebay after a month and realized there is **bleep**ing final value fee, these dogs created fee policy are brain deead pig who should be **bleep**ed in the space, stupid bicthes.

Message 539 of 1,161
latest reply

I just sold something for the first time in along time and was charged 10%

Never again................

Message 540 of 1,161
latest reply