cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

Re: Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

sold my used goods this month - 

on my selling page it says i sold in the last 31 days $56.50

just got a paypal invoice with vague reference to fees from ebay for $31.59

For the time i spent taking photos, creating the listing, answering buyer questions, packaging, mailing etc. it is definately not worth it.  

I'm seriously just putting my stuff in the trash next time or trying craigs

Message 511 of 1,161
latest reply

yep stuff using those phone apps.

Message 512 of 1,161
latest reply

Fees stink but it'd part of the process. I use local online seals more often now because of the changes in feedback and lack of seller consideration. Poor buyers scam artists always show good feedback but can leave you poor ratings. I had a scam artist buy my iPhone then tried to claim non receipt and wanted a refund after he already signed for the phone. I called him on it and he admitted Inge had the phone then have me bad feedback. eBay would not overturn it. That's when my enthusiasm as a seller ended.
Message 513 of 1,161
latest reply

And judging from my post auto correct can make a fool of you and it's important to proof read lol
Message 514 of 1,161
latest reply

Ridiculous ....Someone out there will forget the Greed....and sell for 5% or less it used to be 3% and that made them millionaires....now they want Billionaires.....I'm done with them if I can find other places to Buy and Sell....More people should do the same if they loose 100,000 or a million accounts they may Change their tune....Ridiculous!!!!!

Rod W

Message 515 of 1,161
latest reply

I agree.  I just sold an item for $80 + $15 postage and by the time i pay the ebay and PayPal fees and post the item  I am left with less than $70.  Quite disgusting how ebay now charges these high fees AND charges a fee on postage as well!

Message 516 of 1,161
latest reply

I have been selling on ebay for years and thought that they reduce their fees with time, but no, ebay decided to void the 100 style auctions we had with an upgrade store monthly $50, and added 100 auction style for collectibles items instead. I only have a few collectible items like 4 , so no use. Ebay then waited a couple months and now they are offering an upgraded stores for the monthly free $175 that includes those 100 auction style option. I am tired, and definitely will look for something else because the free are way too excesive 😞 not worth it anymore
Message 517 of 1,161
latest reply

after i sold my guitar for 4000$

ebay gave me an invoice for 402$ to pay, on what and why i dont know,

what are they doing for that 402$? nothing, PayPal is taking care of my money, and still take only 3-4 % fee.

when i told them it is too high, they told me if you dont pay they send collector company to my place  with fee of 1.5% that only rise,

i paid , but THIS IS THE LAST TIME I AM SELLING ON EBAY,

THEY ARE JUST TOO GREEDY AND STEAL'S OUR MONEY,

402$ ON WHAT ????????

SHAME ON YOU EBAY

WILL NEVER SELL HERE AGAIN!!!!

Message 518 of 1,161
latest reply

If you ever wish this to get better, you not only need to stop selling on Ebay but you seriously need to stop buying.  There is a reason that Amazon is now bigger than WalMart.  Ebay will pay for taking advantage of their members.  Were Amazon to open an auction ONLY site and not some stupid front for RETAIL operation disguised as an auction (like Ebay), they would slaughter Ebay.

Message 519 of 1,161
latest reply

you right and i dont going to buy there also,

Message 520 of 1,161
latest reply

Amazon has even higher fees. I believe 15% and Craiglist is always a hit or miss and there are only certain things that you can sell there. That doesn't include the amount of spam and scam mail that you get for posting an ad.

Fees are high in general and it sucks, but really what other alternatives do you have? You can literally sell almost anything on eBay with pretty good success, but there isn't much profit to be gained.

@fortythreedesigns wrote:

What are the alternatives? Is there anywhere else that gives you this much exposure? Craiglsist is great for certain items and amazon seems promising but are there any other bigger sites competing with Ebay?

Message 521 of 1,161
latest reply

No matter what the other companies are doing, Ebay needs to lower its final value fees.

Message 522 of 1,161
latest reply

from day to day less users buying and selling on ebay site, 

so they are going down anyway,

if you guys notice, there are no more "good" deals on ebay

Message 523 of 1,161
latest reply

eBay sucks now, they charge so much seller fees starting this year and i have no idea why. I might not sell on eBay no more, i sold a Galaxy S6 last week for $475, my eBay seller fee is $51 haha. Good job eBay, i love.

Message 524 of 1,161
latest reply

I got a ton of stuff to sell. I won't list anything on FleaBay no more. I'm  not going to make this greedy pig of a company any richer. They just don't learn though, there sales go down, so to recoup revenue they raise fee's. Now there is a percentage fee on your reserve if you use one. I love when they give free listings, they act like its really free, but then theres the 10% final value fee, so where is the free listings. Done with them.

Message 525 of 1,161
latest reply