cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

Re: Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Oh and have not include Paypal fees!

Message 496 of 1,161
latest reply

I've been averaging about $1100 per 60 days in ebay sales.  I do this as a little extra income.  I just got my invoice and it is $270.00.  I only sold $550.00 per month, how could it be $270.00?

Doesn't seem worth it to sell on ebay anymore.

Message 497 of 1,161
latest reply

I have friends who monitor them by doing an Exel spread sheet with every single transaction. I have thought they have been gauging me for a long time.....call them out on it!
Message 498 of 1,161
latest reply

it's not 10% but 50% of the sale price (not including shipping). Here's the link to eBay's Fee Calculator:

http://www.fees.ebay.com/feeweb/feecalculator

I just put in a CD for $1 and the Final Value Fee was $.50. It doesn't take a genius to see that eBay's taking 50% of profit.

Message 499 of 1,161
latest reply

I also put a CD Case for $1 and the shipping for $10.99 in eBay's calculator. The Final Value Fee came out ot $1.20. The shipping estimate was calculated at USPS online (for a 2 lb package Standard Post to New York.

eBay really needs to rethink how they calculate the Final Value Fee.

Message 500 of 1,161
latest reply

Message 501 of 1,161
latest reply

Message 502 of 1,161
latest reply

Message 503 of 1,161
latest reply

😡
Message 504 of 1,161
latest reply

Message 505 of 1,161
latest reply

Message 506 of 1,161
latest reply

You guys are getting robbed by eBay that's the nice way of saying what is going on. In fact due to the high seller fees eBay charges I am definitely closing my account with them and finding another service that doesn't nickle and dime me to death. As for PayPal I had to delete my banking information from them too I don't like giving a company access to my account without my authorization. One time pay pal went into my account and there wasn't money to cover the money they wanted to extract it was a small amount only 100 dollars. However since there wasn't enough money in that account I got a 25 dollar fee from my bank called an insufficient fee charge, it wasn't an overdraft where the bank paid the fee either. I am sick of these companies and if I don't find another online company I will go back to Craigslist.
Message 507 of 1,161
latest reply

if you "feel like you are being robbed" then you are being robbed. Bye eBay adios!
Message 508 of 1,161
latest reply

i sell most of my stiff on craigslist anymore....ebays final value fee is the main reason for switch to craigslist....ebay got greedy

Message 509 of 1,161
latest reply

What are the alternatives? Is there anywhere else that gives you this much exposure? Craiglsist is great for certain items and amazon seems promising but are there any other bigger sites competing with Ebay?

Message 510 of 1,161
latest reply