cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

Re: Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

10 Percent is Outrageous, I Think 5 percent would be more then fare ....Its not worth selling at these enormous fees...

Message 451 of 1,161
latest reply

Message 452 of 1,161
latest reply

Ebay is angering me. the final value fee is $12 bucks. I only made like $35. I'm going elsewhere. what greed. that's why Whittmon couldn't be govenener. 

Message 453 of 1,161
latest reply

Absolutely not- EBay is pushing out those of use sellers who don't have an EBay store!! I'm already done listing for the rest of this month! If I'm not making money THEY aren't.....so maybe they will see the loss and give us back the number of free listings we had!!! It's awful. Hang in there.
Message 454 of 1,161
latest reply

soon ebay and paypal will  seperate.ebay has relied on paypal for revenue- now with the split paypal will be offering stock on it's own.what i can't believe is ebay says  we are going to get back to auctions where the uyerbs will set the market price but to the sellers,if you look at even stores, it is all fixed price and they give miminmal free auction listings.one has to think are they trying to file bankrupcy or getting ready to sell?one can accept the fact of fees since they are considered to be the site to go to-it's the constantly changing rules and policies drives all sellers crazy. all other selling sites want monthly member fees up front and don't have the popularity or advertizing. my hope it all breaks down-sellers leave or sell less and someone new comes along to take a sane control of the site.they have already announced laying off 2400 workers but have given something like $7 million to keep exutives to stay on. why do the execs want to leave is a good question.wish we the future. i think the big downfall is when ebay started the new defect  rate.i have so many stories of long term big $ sellers loosing thier status  because of it. i certainly could go on but what will be will be.

Message 455 of 1,161
latest reply

webstore.com    ZERO FEES !!!

Message 456 of 1,161
latest reply

I totally agree. This is ridiculous. 

Message 457 of 1,161
latest reply

I totally agree. This is insane. 

Message 458 of 1,161
latest reply

I'm a very small time seller -- basically selling all kinds of household things / clothes -- and this new fee structure basically makes it impossible for me to make any money. Ebay is definitely pushing out small time sellers in favor of those who sign up for a store and can provide Ebay with a set, steady revenue stream every month. I am not listing things as I refuse to pay the new insertion fees and I hope many others will too so Ebay will reverse themselves. How can we let Ebay know of our discontent??
Message 459 of 1,161
latest reply

This final fee is ridiculous.. I'm not selling on eBay again.

Sold a pair of shoes for 260, they charge me 26 bucks... What a load!

Message 460 of 1,161
latest reply

I absolutely agree. I'd sold a few things on here some years ago and was shocked when I came back to sell a pair of shoes recently and they charged me 10% of the value (not to mention the fee I had to pay PayPal).

I recently started a small retail business to supplement my income - I sell on my personal Web site and on Amazon. I'd considered listing on here as well, but will no longer list or purchase on eBay. Granted, Amazon's fees are higher, but it's a higher-class marketplace reaching a much broader customer base, and the layout - and overall merchant experience - is just much more professional. Ebay's new fee structure is completely unjustified given what they've degraded to in the last few years. News flash eBay: it's 2015 and there are PLENTY of other places to go!

FYI for other small-time sellers out there feeling bullied by eBay: Shopify is only $29.99/mo. for a basic account with one of their free customizable templates, handles all your e-commerce integration, is extremely user friendly, and includes phenomenal SEO. The only fees you pay are the regular processing fees for the third-party merchant processor; you can also register your own domain name for $9.99/yr. with GoDaddy & remove all Shopfiy tags from your page - no unwanted advertisements.

Message 461 of 1,161
latest reply

I agree,this is not right&is a blatant gouging,of the sellers. They seem to think all these absurd fees are OK&that we will just 'take it in the a$$',like always. I won't pay their $1.00 fees for 3 day listings,either&will not be lising as much,since at 10%,I won't make much,if I want to keep my prices somewhat reasonable&not gouge the buyers like ebay is doing to me&most other sellers. After fees&shipping,I make so little,it's hardly worth it to sell on ebay,anymore. After 2 more weeks(only because I need whatever little money I can get)I am looking elsewhere,for a place to sell my items.Ebay seems to like driving away it's smaller sellers...fine,I know where my business is'nt appreciated.
Message 462 of 1,161
latest reply

Agreed, I never realized why I kept gettin gypped until now.  I just had a bunch of items up and pulled them all except a couple that have bids.  But I also don't particularly like how I rarely get what items are worth.  Like you said maybe that's fine for big businesses but not for independents.  If eBay wants to pull this garbage on sellers, the hell with em.

Message 463 of 1,161
latest reply

If I knew about this %10 fee I would never sell my item here. I'm sooo done with ebay!

Message 464 of 1,161
latest reply

10% Too expensive! unlikely to use ebay again!

Message 465 of 1,161
latest reply