cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

Re: Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

I agree. I just sold something for $410. They want $41 dollars. That is on top of $20 shipping and papal expenses. You end up with doing all this work and everybody else reaping the benefits. Greedy.All they have to do is maintain this site and add options here and there. The sellers are the one that makes this business. 10% is ridiculous. I am going to be looking into other options.
Message 421 of 1,161
latest reply

I can't get over the charge I received. I removed my paypal link and other information. I will not be paying my final fees. It sucks to lose my 63 stars but I can't afford 10%. Later B!tches.
Message 422 of 1,161
latest reply

took all my profit 10% are they out of their mind I'm done never selling my stuff there again

Message 423 of 1,161
latest reply

And that's 10% on the sale price and another 10% on the shipping.  I sell things for 6 to 8 bucks and the shipping is usually around 6 dollars as well. Add the insertion fees and paypal fees to that and you are looking at about 20% all together as you don't keep a dime of shipping costs. I've sold about 500.00 this month and my ebay fees (not counting paypal fees)  are almost 150 and that's with a bunch of free listings.  I'm fortunate that I'm still making profit but it's a lot of work for very little money. Now that we only get 20 free listings that .30 cents really adds up.  On clothing the sell through rate on ebay is only 10 to 15% .. so I'm paying huge on things that won't even sell.

Message 424 of 1,161
latest reply

Alibaba and Taobao will replace ebay in the future. Because the basic business is totally free!!

Message 425 of 1,161
latest reply

I have to sell a lot of items to make any money so I list one day auctions. Now I have to pay an extra buck for a one day listing on top of almost 14% for final value PayPal and shipping fee.. What a joke.
Message 426 of 1,161
latest reply

eBay final fee is WAY to high now, then they take a percent of the shipping and then hit you on PayPal also!!!!! I am now done with eBay, I've been using it since the beginning and have a perfect feedback rating, but it's not worth it any more! What a ripoff!
Message 427 of 1,161
latest reply

Agree 100%
Message 428 of 1,161
latest reply

Just sold 1 item on ebay for $495 after not needing to in a while. Used the "FREE" listing and ended up having paypal nab $14.66 off the top leaving me $480.34. Then out of convienience and appreciation for the sell, I used the specialy overpriced shipping ebay offers through UPS to send the item out. $27.17 for ground shipping leaving me $453.17. Thought I was doing okay losing $41.83 for the item until I got an email notifying me of ebay's "USE FEE"

$49.50! 10% of the Buy It Now cost!! Leaves me with $403.67 for an item that went for $495.00

$91.33 to sell and ship a GoPro camera!! **bleep** ebay!?!? I am done selling on ebay. Never again and I wish there was a way to dispute their "USE FEE" and shove it right between the crack between ebay and paypal.

Message 429 of 1,161
latest reply

Sadly, ebay has become nothing but a rip off.  It is a lot of work to get things listed, sold, packaged and shipped.  Then to have to pay them the exhorbitant fees plus Pay Pal.  It just isn't worth it anymore.  they are a bunch of thieves. Venture capitalists is what I think they call themselves.  

Message 430 of 1,161
latest reply

Agree too high
Message 431 of 1,161
latest reply

Where is a better place to sell things???? Its getting pretty spendy with Ebay...
Message 432 of 1,161
latest reply

The final value fee of 10 percent is too high!  The final value fee on shipping is ridiculous!  

My item sold for 640.00 + 70.00 shipping = 710.00

- 20.89   Paypal fee

-----------------

689.11

-145.00  Actual Shipping

----------------

544.11

- 64.00  Ebay Final value Fee

-----------------

480.11

- 7.00 Ebay final value fee on Shipping

------------------

473.11

- .30  Ebay Listing Fee

----------------

472.81

Melinda

Click above to see my auctions.
Message 433 of 1,161
latest reply

I am really unhappy with the RIDICULOUS INCREASE IN FEES, in addition to having a store I am being charged 25 cent per auction for 1 item of used clothing. This adds up really quick. In addition to charging another 10% final 10 % on shipping. By the time all is done it seems to be around 25 % plus! I don't have a problem if item sells but you are still paying if it doesn't! ARE YOU KIDDING? I'm a top seller that's almost
Fed up. So I am looking for other avenues to sell. Any idea please let me know. I remember years ago Ebay did a televised special stating that they were not interested in making a fortune. I would say they are way beyond fortune now and small sellers are paying the price. I really will miss my customers and other sellers but I'm not sure which way to turn. Good luck to everyone.
Message 434 of 1,161
latest reply

We are but 350 people in a sea of hundreds of thousands......I can gaurantee you that Ebay cares not one little bit!

Message 435 of 1,161
latest reply