cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

Re: Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Ebay fees, paypal fees shipping feees  , What left for me??  They sucks so much fees. Creglist #1

Message 376 of 1,161
latest reply

I just got a rude awakening with these fees! They weren't too high before but i haven't sold anything in awhile and just sold 2 items worth $82. They charged me $9 plus i had to pay $19 shipping fees!! so i didn't make any money really. what the hell, i'm outta here!
Message 377 of 1,161
latest reply

I guess I slept through this.  last time I sold something it was a few bucks in fees.  Fixed fees.  That was it.  Now there's a 10% final value fee???  And a fee on shipping?  Really???  Looks like if you're selling anything heavier than a poster or barbie doll you're in trouble.

It looks like Ebay is trying to force a certain business model on everyone.  It looks like the casual seller is out.  I just sold a Carburetor for $265.  You're forced to use paypal, they take a nice chunk.  Then I just got an invoice for $28???  $26.50  (10% !!!!) for the sale and another $1.50 for shipping???  Fees on shipping cost???  And I lost money on shipping anyway, my actual shipping cost was higher than their calculator!  I've had a lot of luck selling on Craigslist, looks like that's what I'll do from now on.

Message 378 of 1,161
latest reply

That is of course less postage cost if you offered free postage. I just sold two items worth $340 and lost $80 in ebay and PayPal fees and postage. I am going to remove the rest of my items for sale
Message 379 of 1,161
latest reply

Well, I just got the shock of my year.  I had not sold anything on e-bay in a while.  So it came as a huge shock when I received my invoice from e-bay for selling one item.  It was a McIntosh tube preamp and it sold for $3600.  I was expecting the final value fee to be around 150 based on prior sales from several years ago.  Huge shock when the final value fee was $365 (yep, they charged 10% on the shipping cost also).  But wait, the **bleep** job wasn't over cause that doesn't include the fee that PayPal charged which was another $162.00;  So when it was all said and done, I paid $500 to sell an item for $3600.

This is rediculous.  I will NOT be selling anything on e-bay in the future.  I have been using e-bay for over 15 years to buy and sell things and over that time, I have sold more than 300 items, most of them between $200 - $2000, but I'm done. 

ebay, you just lost a customer.  

Message 380 of 1,161
latest reply

I am joining you. Between ebay and paypal I lost money. Forget that **bleep**, craigslist here I come!

Message 381 of 1,161
latest reply

I'm in shock. The fee's are insane. I will not be selling anymore items on ebay till this fee is reduced. Lesson learned after seeing my invoice.  One Giant Thumbs Down*

Message 382 of 1,161
latest reply

Sold a phone for 830$ after eBay fees and PayPal I would have been better off selling it local for 700$!! eBay has lost another customer here
Message 383 of 1,161
latest reply

I am with all of you, I have been a loyal eBay customer for years and years and the fees never stood out too much to me before. This last round of sales was just astounding. I just saw the invoice and now I feel like I was cheated - and I was the one who made the sale! It is just incredible what these companies do. No customer loyalty. They just sit at their chair meetings and think of ways to increase profits and could not care less about the bread and butter of their operations - their users! I feel just awful and wish I had sold through Craigslist or even Amazon ... next time!

Message 384 of 1,161
latest reply

this is insane fees are way to high, i had cancell all of my items once i found out they take a huge cut on your profit. I wil not do business with ebay any more

Message 385 of 1,161
latest reply

10% and paypal's fees make it very hard on little sellers like us. It makes it impossible to have an acceptable profit margin, unless you want to mark stuff up 20-30%... I am considering other options if the fees do not alleviate some.

Message 386 of 1,161
latest reply

I was getting ready to sell my Rolex here. If its going to cost me $400 to $500, I better not.  Looks like I will have to find an other way.

Message 387 of 1,161
latest reply

A better option is to join a forum concerning your items and just list them for sale there. Works if you have a bunch of the same items or just a couple of things to sell.  Just sold a quadcopter in minutes on one of the forums, sold for 280.00 and took paypal for payment. Fee's were under 9.00 compared to Ebay taking 28.00 plus paypals cut.

Message 388 of 1,161
latest reply

yep I am done with them. It used to be a couple bucks and now its 10% thats utterly rediculous. Craigslist will work for me
Message 389 of 1,161
latest reply

What the hell EBAY? 10% is too freaking high!

That is ridiculous, we can raise the prices for our items up, just to cover you stupid fees, but then nobody is going to buy anything from us.

It's not worth!

Also, i keep receiving some messages with promotions from ebay about 50 listing with no isertion fees or stuff like that which doesn't make any sense.

Why don't you just give me some kind of discount for Final Value Fees, because i don't mind paying 1$ per item for insertion fees. Stupid!

What are you trying to do, you want to get rid of every small seller? By the way, I am done with you guys. Will find different place to sell my stuff.

Ciao!

Message 390 of 1,161
latest reply