cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

Re: Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

I just wish ebay seller community to start build our own web similar to ebay for a lower final fees.

Message 346 of 1,161
latest reply

I completely agree with everyone and sell things on ebay much less frequent than before. 10% is already ridiculous, but abother 3% PayPal charges on top of that is just highway robbery. I wanted to sell a high end watch, but after calculating the fees ahead of time, they will consume over $500 BEFORE PayPal takes theor cut. **bleep**....

Has anyone tried alternatives to ebay outside of craigslist? Anyone tried Bonanza.com? If so, any feedback?
Message 347 of 1,161
latest reply

I agree with everyone here eBay went CRAZY with 10% on your price and 10% on shipping and handling costs + Paypal + Shipping costs and my time.

eBay is not worth it anymore.  I will sell on Craigslist or find a similar site.

Can anyone recommend a site similar to eBay which is not robbing you like this?

Message 348 of 1,161
latest reply

I agree... Only list when I have free insertion fees, and then put my price above for the final fee & shipping fee.Of course I still have paypal fee which I have no way to avoid. I also sometimes just take it straight to the post office and pay for shipping that way. I have not listed much as things have really slowed down and I think people are not wanting to use ebay anymore when they can go to amazon. I am now trying amazon, but expensive too to list, but Etsy is another one I am trying.

Message 349 of 1,161
latest reply

can understand, they get interest on holding your money, same with paypal, so why is it they get to keep that interest, it should go to us as it is our money not theres.
Message 350 of 1,161
latest reply

sold an item for $1300. Between ebay and paypal I lost out on like 169.95.  Seriously ebay. 169.95 between your listing and paypal fees??  talk about ripping people off.  I have been on ebay since 1996. This is the last item I will sell on here.

Message 351 of 1,161
latest reply

Do You know that for example: in Poland total fee is  2,7% they rippin You off .And that is beacuse not many people use ebay in Poland  they use other platform: www.allegro.pl

Bye bye EBAY

Message 352 of 1,161
latest reply

Looks like a nice site, what is there selling fee? Here in USA Ebay is a greedy giant, with no competition. 

Message 353 of 1,161
latest reply

I agree with everyone here. Ebay is now OK for selling trinkets, but you get raped on high ticket items. Ebay now gets all the profit instead of the seller with fees on top of fees (fees on shipping? what?). The thing is though, we're preaching to the choir while ebay smiles and rakes in the dough while the members do all the work. It's become a clever racket.

Message 354 of 1,161
latest reply

10% fee on shipping is because some sellers were charging a low price with high shipping fee's so to avoid paying Greed-Bay its 10% final value fee. They figured out they were getting cheated, so charged the 10% on shipping to. One way of another they were getting there hard earned 10% and if you don't offer free shipping, its a bonus 10% of shipping for them. Either way we get scumbagged by corporate GREED.

Message 355 of 1,161
latest reply

TOTAL RIPOFF!  Just sold a camera for $760 and ebay took $89 something then paypal charged me too.!  I'm done selling here.

Message 356 of 1,161
latest reply

Ended up with $627 after selling for $767!  $140 in fees!!!!  NO MORE ebay for me.

Message 357 of 1,161
latest reply

Either your math is wrong or you got really smoked. Final value fee is 10% Paypal 3% total 13%  $767 x 13% =  $99.71 Maybe you had a reserve on it thats a fee also, but not $40.00

Anyway there greedy and hitting small sellers to hard. They want power sellers and don't really care about the guy with a couple of items.

Message 358 of 1,161
latest reply

I am also done. . Will only sell on ebay if I absolutely have to... they just want to increase their value by increasing their profit so they look more attractive to potential buyers ... screw them ... I can't stand greed... ( or rudeness )
Message 359 of 1,161
latest reply

Wait let's all just give everything away with free shipping! !! 10% of $0 = $0 ... they get nothing!!! We win!!!
Message 360 of 1,161
latest reply