cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

Am I the only one that is concerned with ebay's recent increase in final value fees?  Ebay is making it hard to make even a small profit off items sold!

Message 1 of 1,161
latest reply
1,160 REPLIES 1,160

Re: Ebay's Final Value Fees Too High!

sd-brightis
Thrill-Seeker

I got rid paypal for this precise reason.. I agree could relate haven't sold something for 2 years too.

Message 271 of 1,161
latest reply

they just got higher for orders over 2,500.00 use to be 250.00 max now its 750.00 max so what that means is i have to have higher prices on best offer .stuff is not selling that good now a days so it will means is LESS SALES .WHAT ARE THEY THINKING ????? THE SECOND THING is when your stuff relist and you are out of free listings you will be charged to list .so now i will be listing less WHAT ARE THEY THINKING ???? GREED BAY IS GETTING  DUMB AND DUMBER we don't need more fee's its LESS FEE'S WE NEED TO SELL MORE STUFF   . GOT IT GREED -BAY

Message 272 of 1,161
latest reply

I hadn't sold anything in a few years and didn't think much of it when I listed items until I got the fees deducted from paypal. Its discusting these fees everywhere - this used to be fun, but I'm done selling on Ebay. There are plenty of other easy options.

Message 273 of 1,161
latest reply

Just noticed the person I responded to who was saying Ebay was on the up and up, is named:

(0)

Note the zero buy/sell   

Made a fake account just to post that drivel did you Ebay?

If thats how they deal with negative reactions to their policy rather than confront them directly, it just shows you how weak and shady they really know their position to be.

Message 274 of 1,161
latest reply

I also had not sold anything on ebay for a while. I though the email for a final value fee of 10% was a scam at first.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER will I sell ANYTHING on ebay again.

Hosta la vista, ebay............

Message 275 of 1,161
latest reply

yeah this guy is posting on tons of angry seller topics
Message 276 of 1,161
latest reply

I agree with you. I am so done with Ebay. 12-15% on selling item. 

Message 277 of 1,161
latest reply

I sold my first item this week for $250 plus $20 shipping. 

I have a ton of stuff, and I wanted to start selling my collectibles on ebay.  But after this experience, I don't see why i would continue to list.

My ebay fees are 27 dollars !  10% of my selling price and 10 percent of my shipping (so I took a loss on shipping due to that extra 2 bucks).

My paypal fee was 8 dollars.

So, ebay got 35 dollars on something I sold for 250 bucks.  How is this markeplace still successful? Fees like that will drive people away, doesn't it?  I will not lose my collectibles when I am having 14% eaten by seller fees and paypal fees.

Message 278 of 1,161
latest reply

Example of why I am quiting selling on Ebay - No More -

I sold a Synth/Keyboard on Ebay for 775.00 pluse 65.00 shipping - around $840 altogether - However, after everything was said and done - including paypal and extra shipping cost - i was going to make about $640 or or $630 after the sale - $200 gone - in fees and shipping costs - NO THANK YOU EBAY - 

I had to cancel the sale becuase of the loss - I was gong to take - Sold it on Clist for same price took a week longer, but it was worth it...

I had 4 items on Ebay - just as of last week 11/04/14 - I let  them expire or took them off - That's how serious I am - I will buy occasionally, but I will not sell...

Ebay - let sellers put only 6 pictures - and charge them more if they need more - but they should have listing categories -

The one thing Ebay is not apparently afraid of is another site coming along - as IF they are the only game in town!

Message 279 of 1,161
latest reply

Spoiler
I totally agree with you. I had a few higher priced items listed that sold and was shocked to realize thst ebay took a percentage of the shipping.  Then to make matters worse, ebays shipping calculator totally miscalculated on shipping only charging the buyer 27.00 and when I went to print the shipping label it cost me 47.00! What makes it worse is that the customer service representative that I was talking to about the discrepancy told me I had to print it and ebay will "review" what went wrong in THEIR shipping calculator and would contact me with their decision! !! ! Seriously???  I agree with what others are saying, the rest of my higher priced items are going on Craigslist.  I live central to Milwaukee and Chicago so Im sure I will do ok with buyers. Im very disappointed with how ebay operates now. I am not a professional seller, I just simply was parting with stuff to help pay for school and books when I start classes next year. 
Message 280 of 1,161
latest reply

It's been awhile since I've sold on ebay. I'd forgotten about the backdoor way that they reconcile your sale. It makes you think you've done better on a sale. Then a month later you get the "invoice".  I told ebay back then that it wasn't a user friendly billing system, that the fee should be taken at time of sale (or at least be payable then). 

But the 10% fee on top of what Paypal is charging AND on top of shipping fees is making selling on ebay unprofitable. Maybe they're trying to get rid of the lower volume seller. I've used Clist before, and I think I'll return to that and just use Paypal's invoicing option to handle payments. 

Message 281 of 1,161
latest reply

I just sold item (had not sold anything in a while). when i got the invoice i thought it was a  mistake. 10 % !!!!! I was shocked. I may buy here in the future (until they have 10% buyers fee, Why not right?) but will never sell again.

Message 282 of 1,161
latest reply

Ebay has screwed me over and of course paypal, EBAY are you listening? same as alot of people here, don't sell that much, and look out I get a bill for 9.99% of the sale value, what a rip off, never again am i selling on ebay. I sold for a lost to start with only getting $2550, and i get fees for $250 off ebay and $61.50 from paypal. Ebay don't care about us small sellers, only care about the stores. I don't remember getting an email saying that we'll charge your 9.99% of the sale value. Ebay your a rip off!

Message 283 of 1,161
latest reply

CANT AGREE MORE!!!!!! EBAY FINAL FEE+ PAYPAL DOUBLE DIPPING !! I HOPE EBAY CAN GO BANKRUPT SOOOON !!! its just a robbery to its sellers. what a awful company.
I cant find a final fee table, just an estimate everytime. they dont tell u exact how much they charge at first.
Message 284 of 1,161
latest reply

im so done with ebay! such a rip off!

Message 285 of 1,161
latest reply