cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay is slowing down

I've been on EBay from day 1 when it was fast efficient and you actually sold something. Today I couldn't sell a $1 for 50 cents on EBay it's like everyone has just stopped buying in all markets what's going on. I'm sorry EBay but I just can't keep listing to keep your investors rich I need to have a return, so for the rest of 2013 i'm hanging up the auctions until I see and hear that the economy has gotten better and folks start buying again.

Good nite.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Ebay is slowing down

Ebay has attracted so many sellers who list items with starting bids that are well above the worth of the item that a prospective buyer has to wade through so many high priced items before they find one that is reasonably priced.  Ebay has become a place where sellers list their items for sale hoping for someone who doesn't know what things are worth who will pay an inflated price.  Shopping on ebay is becoming too time consuming as a result.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Ebay is slowing down

Shipping prices and Paypal has me buying less. Even tho I'am not a big buyer I do know some prices of items for sale and they are way out of wack. TV shows I think have caused this trend. Go to a auction and see what people pay for these items, they have no idea what a price should be.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Ebay is slowing down

I agree. Auction shows have made everyone that has a older item think that it is a family heirloom worth mega bucks. It is more and more difficult making any money reselling auction purchases because of idiots running up bids.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Ebay is slowing down

This is the worst start year ever I even use seo words, good starting prices. People are just not buying, Other places to sell on now like FAB.com auctions are dieing out. I have started listing fixed prices with ebay.  Spring will just kill any sales. I sell with in sporting good this is just a bad year. People are shopping and getting better deals on other website like Bananza and yardseler, etsy and ecrater.  Amazon is taking a lot of sales away from ebay. ebay needs an over haul with fees they might get traffic but they get less sales every year and ebay pass the buck to the seller fees going up up up. the avg fee after listing and paypal fee is 20% off your top of your sale that is really high for a small seller like myself, I shut down my main store last year I was not getting the sales.  my ave went from 300.00 a week to 80.00 a week starting this year I have sold 4 item in 90 days. My old account had 100% seller rating and top seller with a store. Do not open a store with ebay not unless you know for a fact you can sell around $1200 per month, it costs $16 amount for a basic store plus listing fees and paypal fees. doing the math just on this post makes me want to get sick on ebays front porch

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Ebay is slowing down

i don't sell anymore on ebay. most of the time the item will not sell even if i start it at .99 . and i have almost stopped buying because the seller wants way to much for shipping come on 8.00 for a tooth brush! stuff like that. most of the sellers now are from china and they have low shipping or free. i don't know how they do it but they do. and if i have a problem with an item the china sellers will bend over backwards to help, the American sellers basically say kiss my butt and leave you with junk. and people  are getting auctioned burned out from the way the listing are, you look for a motorcycle radio and you get tons of other junk not even close to a motorcycle radio, who need to wade through all that clutter. it comes from the title putting in words that don't even got with the item listed.

and i have found that the local auctions in my town do better i don't sell on them but i do get better deals and i can got to them and hold what i may by. on ebay you need to take the seller word and that is getting real bad now.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Ebay is slowing down

drop kick the dept. stores & jewelry stores from advertising themselves and saying they have 10 more just like the one shown and them visit my store and it is a large store w/large write offs of all fees. GIVE EBAY BACK TO THE PEOPLE! Stop the Corporate GREED! Enron wishes they had done things differently let's learn from history Ebay; GREED is a bad thing!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Ebay is slowing down

Well I am sad for us all but happy to see it is not something I am doing wrong. The economy is bad and it shows in sales but EVERYONE is correct in Ebay themselves driving people away. Not just the sellers because of high fees but the buyers as well. All of the changes made in the last couple of years have had nothing what-so -ever to do with benefits to the sellers and benefits for buyers. It is all about how Ebay can trick everyone into thinking all of the changes are for "us". There is an old saying Ebay..."If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!". Not only are they cutting off our noses but they will eventually cut of their own as well. I don't have enough fingers toes and teeth combined to count the number of people I know that have left Ebay for greener pastures. (not only newer online selling venues but also better sales and profits) I used to buy alot more on Ebay but have stopped for a couple of reasns. Personally I hate the "free shipping". It is anything but free and the cost is rolled into the bottom line. All free shipping does is allow people to over charge for it without Ebay or the customer knowing it. I hate doing a search for anything any more because of all of the crap you have to weed through to find what you are looking for. And I despise all of the non-related ads for other businesses. Sorry-I could go on and on but...we are all in this boat together. Sure hope Ebay doesn't rock the boat too hard and make us all bale!!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Ebay is slowing down

If you check all these bad comments are from march 2013, this year it is worst.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Ebay is slowing down

Same boat over here. I have some listing up and after that I am done 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply