cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay, have you ever considered how much more money you'd make if you reduced final value fees?

They are too high.  I sold memory for $250 and you make $26 + I lose money on the PayPal transaction. It's just too much.  I don't sell enough to warrant an eBay store.  This should cost me less than $5 in fees.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Ebay, have you ever considered how much more money you'd make if you reduced final value fees?

Agreed!! eBay fees are way to highPaypal is fine...my regurlar credit card merchant fee is 2.9%, so Paypals fee is right in line with the industry standards. However, eBay's final value fees are rediculous. I used to do a lot on eBay 10-12 years ago when I first started in business. I sold machinery and paying the then reasonable final value fee was no big deal....flash forwad to 2017. I still sell higher end items (north of 10K per unit) but I do almost no business on eBay. My sales guys that make thier living doing the actual selling...make 5% Commission on the gross sale...each makes an avg of 5-7K a month and are pretty happy. eBay wants a 10% final value fee to simply supply a platform on which to list the item. The seller stocks and supplies the item, handles the shipping, and even writes the listing copy. eBay supplies the button to push. Seems like a pretty poor return for paying a 10% fee. My point is this,  if grandma sells some crochet items for 10.00 each and pays a FVF of a buck...no big deal. But what about companies that would like to sell a 15,000.00 piece of machinery on ebay...after all it could be a great advertising arm....but  paying ebay 1500.00 and  paying the sales guy that still had to sell the unit, follow up, and take care of the buyer only 750.00 just doesnt make sense. It's hard for an actual businessthat needs to make a profit to operate, to even consider using eBay as a sales outlet. If eBay would figure out a plan to lower the fees for big ticket items they would see a major influx in revenue as more sellers would flock to eBay. But I'm not sure they care. 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply