cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay final value fee's are a rip off.....

Final value fee;s are  ridiculous on Ebay... Very upsetting... I will look for other ways to sell anything from now on...very sad...

Message 1 of 166
latest reply
165 REPLIES 165

Re: Ebay final value fee's are a rip off.....

You are all right.i work a full time job.but still can't cover rent. So I thought why not make extra money selling my stuff on eBay.what a joke . Maybe I am just stupid or didn't understand.in 2 months time it said I made 600.00 plus dollars.ebay says offer free shipping,ok I tried it that was a mistake it cost me as much to ship it as item sold for.so there you have to take half from your 600.00 down to 300.00. I believeing you never got charged unless your item sold it says that right on one of it sites. wrong.so if you have multiple items ,30cents plus comes off each one, witch I had over 200 then when I sold item they took more money sending me a bill of about 100.00 or so how much money did i really make nothing.so all this effort All of my Packaging sending plus it being my stuff to begin with I got nothing and PayPal held my money and got the interest on it before I got it.w hat a joke
Message 16 of 166
latest reply

I did get my lesson too! I am disabled and want to sell some stamps to get money for medication. So I put odd 100 items in Ebay for sale, only 1-2 little one have sold so far BUT Ebay sent me the bill of last month: €131!!!! So I myself sold stuff at €12 to feed the fat Americans (Ebay) with €120!! And it just continues: they charged me immediately at my new paypal where hardly any money is, now my account there is -€120!!!! Again, just to feed the fat American rip offs! Now I want to quit Ebay BUT the story doesn't end there as they want to overcharge me with every item listed that needs to be cancelled and they want to suck more money out of me! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does anyone know how to fight against them, or if that is impossible, how to get out of Ebay without paying any more money?!?!?! Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks much!

Message 17 of 166
latest reply

I'll agree it's definitely a situation where the seller-beware. I've been a member for over 15 years and almost never sell but everytime I do I swear I won't do it again until memory fails me and I do it again. So here goes, 'never again'. LOL that is until I forget in a couple more years.
Ebay sure was a great idea when they were okay with making a good profit but still was affordable to the occasional seller. I remember when we used to call it the garage sale of the internet. Now it's all about making an 'obscene' profit.
Oh well, like I said seller beware. Until next time. BTW, Paypal went the same way.
Message 18 of 166
latest reply

I'm a new seller but when I see I "sold" $400 on eBay but my Paypal account only has $279.00 something is seriously wrong with this picture!  Ebay double dips! Not only on your FVF but then your monthly invoice fee hits and another big fee depending on how much you sell. Don't forget the paypal fee on top of it and shipping costs...and time and effort.. And this is all WITH free listings...

Message 19 of 166
latest reply

I'm a new seller but when I see I "sold" $400 on eBay but my Paypal account only has $279.00 something is seriously wrong with this picture! Ebay double dips! Not only on your FVF but then your monthly invoice fee hits and another big fee depending on how much you sell. Don't forget the paypal fee on top of it and shipping costs...and time and effort.. And this is all WITH free listings...
Message 20 of 166
latest reply

Yes, but it wasn't an absurd 10%!!!

Message 21 of 166
latest reply

there is a class action for this ebay scam made on USA soil by chineese scammers. They will pay those small" fees abck along the penalty that will shot down this scam schema !

I will not be surprise how fast this post will be removed like few times already they did.

Message 22 of 166
latest reply

I agree! I sold about 50 diecast cars, but at the end of my sale, I received an invoice from eBay through PayPal. Ultimately, I paid eBay about 33% of the money I made. What a rip off.
Message 23 of 166
latest reply

EBay has continuously over charge me, I am a 5 star seller. I have done some research and I'm going to be selling on bonanza. There seller fees are less than half eBay screed S cause a lot of people to stop selling remember even Enron came down eBay you're going down !

Message 24 of 166
latest reply

Yup, just got overdrafted through my bank yet again for stupid FVF.... Eff this, it's the reason everything is so **bleep** overpriced on eBay these days... it's impossible to make any money on ANYTHING.... ugh..

Message 25 of 166
latest reply

I will never sell on way again. I auction sold for $800. Between eBay taking $80 and PayPal taking $35 and $10 to ship my item I've lost $125 off my sale price to bull**bleep**. What a scam. 

Message 26 of 166
latest reply

I agree! Im starting to sell on different platforms like bonanza and etsy. when it all boils down, there is not much profit at all on ebay and as a seller, you are NOT protected if someone wants to keep your item AND get their money back. Now buyers can go through paypal as well for returns. Too many people are unethical and dishonest on this site! ebay does not have your back if something like that happens.

Message 27 of 166
latest reply

I Agree, between that and the reserve fees, they were charging me as much as I made! I sold one item out of 5  I had listed and made 75.00. I was being charged 73 and change. So i'm supposed to give my items away for ebay's benefit. F**** that. I convinced them to waive the fees this time on items that did not sell, but it is still like 19 dollars. so all this trouble for 50 bucks. no thanks, i'll stick to craigslist and facebook. Ebay is going to shoot themselves in the foot. oh- and watch out for people that cancel their payment after you ship the item, i got scammed with that and ebay was absolutely no help, and refuse to offer me any compensation. I will never sell anything else on Ebay, it is really too bed, because it used to be great.

Message 28 of 166
latest reply

I am dissapointed with eBay. I've been a member since (I think) 2006 but mostly as a buyer. I decided I would start selling recently. eBay makes it seem like you will pay much less than you do.

I had a new item that I paid $250 for but didn't need and couldn't return to the store. I saw that everyone else was listing that item at around $220 so I listed it at $219 with free shipping since everyone else had free shipping too. Shipping cost me $16.89. eBay took $6 and change which I thought was their final fee and then the PayPal fee. Two months later (today) I noticed that my bank account had an automatic deduction from PayPal for over $20. So for an item I paid $250 for I ended up getting around $170 for when all was said and done. I had no clue there was going to be an additional $20+ fee (fvf I guess).

I could have sold the item on Craigslist easily for $220 because it's in demand and that's what I should have done. eBay lost a new seller. There's no way for me to make money here and that's clear to me now.

Message 29 of 166
latest reply

I am a new eBay seller. I've only sold a few things. And I've made up my mind, I don't mind buying on eBay, but I will not sell.  The seller fees for someone who sells on a small scale are way to high. By the time I sell and they take out there fees, I don't make any money. 

I'm not here to lose money just because they want to overcharge for selling. So, I've been looking for another way. And I think I've found it. It's the way I used to sell back in the 80's. Through magazines. I buy and sell antique and collectible toys. Mostly the antiques. Tonka's, Buddy L's and Ertl's.

I found a magazine I can advertise in. It's a flat rate and cheaper. At least this way I will know what to charge every time for whatever item I might be selling. This way I can give a decent deal to someone. And make a profit without having to jack up the price on something that really isn't worth what I'm asking. Plus, I have a decent chance of not getting stuck with an item that I can't sell. If eBay keeps this up they will eventually put themselves out of business. It may take years. But the more people put it out there about how hard it is to make money on eBay, the word will get around. It's all over FaceBook now.

Message 30 of 166
latest reply