cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay final value fee's are a rip off.....

Final value fee;s are  ridiculous on Ebay... Very upsetting... I will look for other ways to sell anything from now on...very sad...

Message 1 of 166
latest reply
165 REPLIES 165

Re: Ebay final value fee's are a rip off.....

i use to sell most thngs on ebay until the final value fee went into effect..why should ebay take some of the profits...its not there hardware, and does not have to do the work selling it...sell a $200 item, and ebay takes a huge chunk of it, and then you got to ship it..its just not worth it anymore....i used craigslist 9 out of 10 things i sell anymore..

Message 2 of 166
latest reply

@ronssss wrote:

i use to sell most thngs on ebay until the final value fee went into effect..why should ebay take some of the profits...its not there hardware, and does not have to do the work selling it...sell a $200 item, and ebay takes a huge chunk of it, and then you got to ship it..its just not worth it anymore....i used craigslist 9 out of 10 things i sell anymore..

When has the FVF not been "in effect"? The 1990's?

Message 3 of 166
latest reply

I just sold an almost new pair of boots that originally cost $550.  I sold them for $275 with free shipping, which cost me $20.  The "final value fee" was almost $30, so in hindsight it wasn't worth selling them for $225.  The FVF was never this high, and as a result, I won't be selling much more on Ebay.

Message 4 of 166
latest reply

Are you saying that 'Just because it's been in effect for a long time - it right' ? ? 

I don't know how long that stupid rule has been in effect but I'm sure it's cost a lot of new sellers more than they ever imagined.. only to never use ebay to sell anything again. Which eBay doesn't care about because there is always a steady stream of new sellers to trick with promotional emails like 'list for free', etc... which suggests that ALL fees are covered for a limited time in order to get more people to use ebay as a selling venue rather than just buying... only to find out later that there are three or four other fees that the new seller had no clue about. The fees are outrageous, period.   

Message 5 of 166
latest reply

10 % ebay final value fee, plus 3% paypal, what a ripoff

Message 6 of 166
latest reply

Then wait for the monthly fee of 50%

Message 7 of 166
latest reply

you paid 500$??

Remember, YOU chose to include free s&h. Was it because the shoes cost little or nothing or did you only make 25-50$ on sale? If so, perhaps you need to rethink not selling, rather how to sell on ebay.

I don't think there is anyone on these boards who like to pay a lot for selling tjheir stuff. But regardless of whether you are making or trying to make a living here, or just getting rid of some items you no longer have use for we can all agree it WILL cost you. And if something better comes along ebay will just be a memory. Until then grin and bear it or quit. The final decision is ours. Noone makes us list.

As they say, "when in rome, do as the romans do"

Message 8 of 166
latest reply

It is a rip-off plain and simple!  Spread the word to everyone you know!  Their greed has exceeded their usefulness!  Not worth the 9.9 or 10% final value fee + the 2.9% pay pal fee to use their site.  The listere does all the work.  All ebay does is post the **bleep** thing.  GREED!!!

Message 9 of 166
latest reply

WHAT A RIP OFF 10% of what u make and they dont do no work and the take fro the shipping I will be going to CL, EBAY is worst then the US government!!!

Message 10 of 166
latest reply

I am done with rip Bay. You basically give your stuff away. Shipping is a joke, never even close, insertion fees, feel like puking.
Message 11 of 166
latest reply

The old ebay actually worked, now, uhhggg. I called them and thanked them today for helping me give away a really nice guitar. I'M FINISHED, I SAY BAN EBAY IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE.
Message 12 of 166
latest reply

Agreed. Final value fee is rediculous. A 2-3% fee would almost be understandable, but 10%? Greed plain and simple.

Message 13 of 166
latest reply

100% done buying and selling on ebay.. going to amazon..  Ebay is such a rip off

Message 14 of 166
latest reply

I FIGURED TODAY IF I SELL A $10 ITEM WITH$8 SHIPPING- I END UP WITH $7.36. $10-$$8 SHIPPING MINUS $1 MINUS 80 CENTS MINUS 30 CENTS MINUS 54 CENTS. WHAT HAPPENS TO THOSE STUPID 99 CENTS DEALS? GREAT IDEA  EBAY- LET'S SEE 99 CENTS SALE-$10 SHIP PAY PAL 30 CENTS PLUS.33 CENTS. THAT 99 CENT DEAL COSTS $1.73. I STILL DO NOT THINK E BAY IS ENTITLED TO 10% OF SHIPPING. I CAN LIST  ALL I WANT IT SEEMS ANYMORE WITH 5000 HERE ,200 FREE LISTINGS. IT DOES NOT MATTER, NOT MUCH OF ANYTHING IS SELLING. E-BAY'S MUST MAKE SALE- LOWER PRICES LED TO THEIR OWN DESTRUCTION. ALL THE MUST SATISFY  BUYER AT ALL COSTS TO SELLER ,DEMAND AFTER DEMAND, JUMP THRU THIS HOOP THEN THIS HOOP LED MANY TO LEAVE OR GIVE UP- I AM AT THAT POINT. WHY BOTHER ANYMORE WITH SO  MUCH FEES AND SO LOW PRICES. I THINK  EBAY IS AFTER STORES WITH NEW NOT THE ORIGINAL  IDEA OF ONE HAS THIS WHAT YOU WANT,MAKE A DEAL THING.

Message 15 of 166
latest reply