cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay favors Buyers Not Sellers

dawood
Enthusiast

I have been with eBay from the very beginning and they have gradually started favoring the buyer and not the seller. If you get a horrible buyer there is no way to leave a negative feedback. If the buyer says something is wrong with the item (whether there is or not) eBay favors them and you are forced to refund their money. If ebay continues on this road I believe they will lose more sellers. Also I can not find anyway to CALL eBay and talk to a real person, Is there???

Message 1 of 139
latest reply
138 REPLIES 138

Think about this.  Without buyers there would be no need for sellers. 

Message 61 of 139
latest reply

Actually it sounds like the crew at ebay are geniuses! 

Message 62 of 139
latest reply

E-Bay has left a miserable taste in my mouth and after my auctions end on Sunday, I'm outta here. Been mostly a buyer over the last 10-12 years with 109 positive feedbacks and no negative feedback. Sold a half dozen items over the years with happy buyers. Just came back to Ebay to sell a collection of jewelry. All postings have accurate pictures, but no return policy because it is very easy to switch stones in a piece.

I had a piece of jade up for auction with a Buy-it-Now for $599. Custom, beautiful piece worth well more than asking, but used. As a novice seller I assumed BIN meant immediate payment. Buyer didn't pay, so I sent an invoice. Invoice was ignored. Sent one more e-mail saying I would report her as a non-paying bidder and she finally submitted a payment. I promised overnight for BIN and sent the item well packed and insured at a cost of $21. Buyer tells me that this is not the same piece! Takes a pic with los res camera and flash.

I call E-Bay, they tell me I don't have to refund her. I write buyer back that item wasn't misrepresented and I would not refund. She leaves me bad feedback. I report her to E-Bay and call E-Bay again because my former 100% feedback is now 50% since I only had one other feedback in 2013. They tell me outside of the report there is nothing they can do. I can't even give HER bad feedback.

I sold in good faith. Sold a valuable piece that was worth a lot more than what the buyer paid. The tables have turned so badly against the seller that I don't want to do this anymore. I have 32 listings ending on Sunday, 4 will sell and after that I'm gone. So sad.
Message 63 of 139
latest reply

I am so angry and sadden by eBay's action on a false accusation case the buyer had open against me.  I sold her a Fendi designer handbag, in my listing, it has 12 clear and zoom in detail photos of the bag with very clear description of the bag. the buyer receive the bag then filed the claim saying the bag is "Fake" & "Not as described". I called up Fendi boutique, the store manager traced back my purchase record 4 years back and print out a receipt and email it to me so I can present it to this case to proof we didn't sell any fake bags.  from all the emails between me and the buyer, it is obvious the buyer had a Buyer's remorse but knowing by claiming "item not as described" and "questioning it's authenticity" they will guaranteed that ebay will be standing at buyer's side and foce us the seller to issue refund, even tho we have provided proof of it's authenticity. It greatly saddens me that ebay is only carie for a bad buyer like this one and not protecting us the honest buyer.  We're your customer, too ebay! and under "eBay money back guarentee" it says "Buyer's remorse or any reason other than not receiving an item or receiving an item that isn't as described in the listing" well, even tho it says in black and white, ebay still says I have to refund the buyer no matter what.  I am very dissappointed how ebay handles this and make me the seller feel no one is on our side and helping us. sigh....

Message 64 of 139
latest reply

I find this to be really frustrating. Sometimes I feel as though Ebay has set an automatic program to respond to all the complaints, because it really doesn't make sense at all.  How can a normal human being read the evidence given by the two parties and end up ruling in favor of the buyer---always, even if its they who are at fault?

Message 65 of 139
latest reply

It is ridiculous! I sent a buyer four items she opened a case claiming the items were rancid and expired. In the package she sent back were only two items and they were not what I sent to her. Still e bay found in her favor and she was refunded. Four months later she listed the items she stole from me and in her description she said no expiration date. I called e bay who reopened a case and found in my favor. I was told they were going to refund me. I have been waiting but still have not been refunded! I agree that if these things continue e bay sellers will get fed up and walk. I am on the verge of doing just that. There are so many scumbag buyers out there and as a seller e bay I have experienced NO SELLER PROTECTION. In fact when I asked them to tell me how they protect me the person I was speaking with couldn't tell me. What I was told was clearly a script that did not give one way I am protected. I learned that my feedback score is what they are talking about when they say seller protection.
Message 66 of 139
latest reply

I bought a dvr home security system that I use to record the items condition as well as it being packaged to send. Of the four cameras one is in my e bay room!
Message 67 of 139
latest reply

Maybe a SELLER STRIKE would benefit sellers in the long run. I like e bay. I think buyer protection is a good thing but I also know we sellers need to be protected from buyers taking advantage of buyer protection. Clearly we can all complain until we are blue in the face. Together we can accomplish what we all agree with....change of policy on ebay!
Message 68 of 139
latest reply

This is ridiculous. I have a buyer that opens a case against me for item not as described. I had three shelves. I sold one and got pod fb another buyer bought two left neutral fb and lied about condition. I offered a refund when item is returned. They have yet to respond. Customer service gave me different time frames as to when they have to send items back, they clearly dont have a clue. One rep told me five days and i waited with no response from buyer. I called to ask why case was still open and another rep told me they have thirty days. But yet if the buyer returns the item i only have three days to return money, which they put a hold on. This means this buyer can tie up my money for up to forty days and im helpless. Unacceptable. I am leaving this site because they dont care about sellers at all. I had three buyers that did not pay last month, i opened a case against each one and in no case did ebay reach into their acct and hold the funds until an outcome was reached, why? Site is a joke
Message 69 of 139
latest reply

I agree with your post.  there is only 1 cake,ebay gets it's piece first and the rest of us gets to share what is left of the cake.

Message 70 of 139
latest reply

Definately ebay favors the buyer.  I bet they would change their attitude IF people stopped selling.  WITHOUT THE SELLER THERE CAN BE NO BUYERS!! 

By law sellers have rights.  Even in a retail store the store has the right to refuse a return.  If the listing states NO RETURNS than that is how it should be.  Ebay Refuses to believe that there are con artist buyers out there.  They won't let sellers leave negative fb for the simple fact that if they are also sellers a future buyer may not bid.  IT'S ALL ABOUT MAKING MONEY.  A dollar in ebays pocket.  I could on and on and on.  Ebay thinks they are untouchable but they are wrong.

Message 71 of 139
latest reply

It's ridiculous,

Buyer purchased item after asking questions = Great communication

Buyer then claimed the item was not-shipped\not-received just 1 week after shipment (Regular post)

Buyer opens a dispute on Paypal, Buyer leaves negative feedback on eBay

Then after WAR with Paypal, they decide to claim in my favor, because I had tracking say he got the item.

THEN: Buyer opens a "not as described case",

I mean, what the heck?, eBay should be clear about how it works : "If you want to sell, you MIGHT get money"

Message 72 of 139
latest reply

t's 2014 and still nothing has changed.

This is more than ridiculous.

The person opened a case and the evidence clearly showed how ludicrous their claim was.

Worst of all, they received my item.

I sold them a brand new handbag.

It had a couple of loose strings in the lining.

I offered a partial refund or a full refund if they returned the bag.

ebay support somehow decided in the buyers favor resulting in the buyer keeping the bag. 

I'm so done with eBay

Message 73 of 139
latest reply

Lets back step.....  How much does Ebay and Paypal profit each year?  How much money do the owners of Ebay and Paypal make each year? Anyone know?

When you do see the numbers....... Nor the buyers or the sellers are getting their fair share for the amount of work and products they supply to Ebay. 

Ebay and Paypal make way too much profit.  Both need to lower all their fees.   Why do you think it is so troublesome to find out exactly what you made as a seller?  Shouldn't their be a quick one stop/click to see how much you profit you actually made as a seller?  How about it Ebay and Paypal,  a one click accounting chart for selllers instantly showing how the $ is divided up.

Message 74 of 139
latest reply

I completely agree with everything you said.Also ebay gives buyers 45 days to return an item.The stores do not give that much time.They only give you 30 days and normally you have to exchange it for another one.The other unfair thing is if a buyer does not contact you or open a case in 45 days they can leave negative feedback.Then ebay still expects you to contact the buyer and settle the issue.I have had a 100% rating on ebay for years until a buyer did just what i said.I have gotten so sick of the favoritism of buyers that i pulled all my items off of ebay and started selling the stuff on craigslist for free.At least this way i do not have to put up with all the nonsense.

Message 75 of 139
latest reply