cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay favors Buyers Not Sellers

dawood
Enthusiast

I have been with eBay from the very beginning and they have gradually started favoring the buyer and not the seller. If you get a horrible buyer there is no way to leave a negative feedback. If the buyer says something is wrong with the item (whether there is or not) eBay favors them and you are forced to refund their money. If ebay continues on this road I believe they will lose more sellers. Also I can not find anyway to CALL eBay and talk to a real person, Is there???

Message 1 of 139
latest reply
138 REPLIES 138

The selling limits are ridiculous.

It obviously doesn't benefit the seller.

It doesn't benefit the buyer if they can't find the item they want because we couldn't list it.

The only ones it benefits are eBay's competitors!  I'm sure they are loving all the restrictions, because eBay is basically forcing us to go to them to list the items we can't list here.

So, yes, eventually ALL sellers will have limits and will have to list in multiple places, which will greatly increase traffic on their competitor's sites...

Do they not see that???

Buyer Opinion is Not Necessarily a Seller Defect.
Message 46 of 139
latest reply

...and you're just figuring this out?  I can't even begin to count the thousands of dollars I've lost to fraudulent or misguided buyer protection cases.  Something needs to be done.  Ebay needs a seller's union or something.  LOL.

Message 47 of 139
latest reply

I had the same experience,,,I think sleazebay finds a way to get you to ship international when you dont want to,,I think they put it in their free seller listings without your knowledge,,,I refused to ship to Canada and ended up with negative feedback despite every single listing "ship to us only",,,Beware sellers,,,,check your listings frequently,,,,Ebay would not take back the negative feedback,,,I will let my listings run out then I am done with Sleazebay!!,,,Iwould rather work 2menial jobs than work for this sleazebag company,,,

Message 48 of 139
latest reply

I'd like to start out by stating that I am a new member to eBay (as green as they come) and as to date, I am nothing more than a buyer in relation to this topic.  With that being said, I do have my account set up and ready to list as a seller but from what I've been hearing, that will most likely not be happening.

When I first joined eBay, it was the seller that I was wary of, thinking that I would spend money on an item that will never find its way into my possession.  I see now - thanks to many of you - that this is not the case.  As a result to many of your posts, I now have more confidence in the sellers than I did before.  A lot of you hard working people have been robbed by many a buyer as well as having to deal with eBay's inane policy.  After gaining much education from the boards, I can tell you guys one thing: eBay lost whatever profit it hopes to have made from me and I'm a prime example of a possible seller catching on early to the shinanigans that seem to have become the norm around here.  I will remain a buyer and nothing more than a buyer, but you can count on this: after many of your testimonies to the sh*tshow that is eBay's favor for the buyers over the sellers, I myself will strive to be an honest buyer from now and in the future.

For what it's worth, good luck to all those who have decided to leave eBay and to move on to greener pastures.  Cheers.

Message 49 of 139
latest reply

Totally agree with you, man. My seller left me a negative feedback for a shipment delay that resulted from his failure to message me in a timely manner. EBay got rid of sellers' ability to leave negative buyer feedback because they were "losing buyers." There is clearly something unfair in this system, and with this system they'll lose sellers and we'll rise against them and protest!
Message 50 of 139
latest reply

I send USPS, no tracking number necessary. You do have to mark it "shipped" on both sites.
Message 51 of 139
latest reply

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

I have been a seller for 13 Years  ( no negative feedback) and Cannot Believe how Ebay is screwing their sellers. They side with the buyer no matter what. Now All they have to do is say they are unsatisfied then no matter how hard you try to help them or advise them ,Ebay steps in and makes you refund and will not remove negative feedback, I mean some of these PSYCO buyers ARE GETTING AWAY WITH MURDER, One guy buys parts,trouble shoots his stuff then gets a refund, Ebay used to listen to me and see if I tried to help the buyer, Now they just stick it to you no mater what. I hate that I got stuck refunding + will have a damaged part if I even get the same part back, Have negative feedback, have to pay the seller fee and now they are charging a FINAL VALUE SHIPPING FEE  and I don't use their stupid shipping services. Plus they will kick your ad off if you use the word money order. And they will keep your listing fee. ( They own paypal and profit from it's use )  I am going to upgrade my website, and stop supporting ebay. I HAVE HAD IT. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 52 of 139
latest reply

@zeusmachines wrote:

START YOUR OWN WEBSITES , Mine is way cheaper than using ebay. And my buyers can use Postal money orders if they want.

Hate to say this, but without exposure levels from big venues like Ebay or Amazon, or being a well known business, you won't have much luck trying to sell. No matter how fancy you make your website, if people don't know about it, then you won't get sales.

When up against non-payers, file UPI cases ASAP, do the right thing for the wellbeing of you and other fellow sellers.
Message 53 of 139
latest reply

i kept getting bad stuff on e-bay and i mean a lot so i don't want to hear about the buyer being the king because he should be with all the junk that is being shipped out in collectable's .WOW its a ton and it cost money and time to return. to take one item to the post office is a cost of 5.00 plus shipping plus a half hour of my time or more .also tons are crooks suchas over graders ,making fakes ,calling their rolls of pennies unsearched when you can see what they are buying to make the rolls up. shills the list can go on and on .now e-bay is making it harder to spot the crooks with their new pages and its done so the buyer will get ripped and e-bay will make the money .as a buyer i think e-bay should go back to the old way so at less i have a chance of spotting the crooks .i am also a seller with 100% feedback and i want all the rest of the sellers to do it the right way .how many crooks are on e-bay ??? a million ??? 2 million who knows but i di know its tons more then what e-bay told us.i have turn in one guy at less a 100 times and yet he is still doing his fake rolls with shilling going on and its as plain as day . e-bay wake up you are going to loss more sellers that are buyers .i know many who just gave up and now with these high fee's its getting time to move on to the free sites when my stock is gone so am i .  GREED -BAY TAKE NOTE AS IT WILL HAPPEN .ITS JUST A MATTER OF TIME .

Message 54 of 139
latest reply

Things wont changed until they loose a large amount of sellers. That won't happen because too many power sellers depend on ebay for their income. Therefore they just continue to take the abuse. I don't blame them. Ebay suckered many people in decades ago and now they are stuck. I only sell occasionally . I also buy. Even though I only sell maybe twice a year I always get at least one non-paying buyer, or a buyer who claims that an item is damaged or never received. I can image what power sellers are going through. We as buyers are now having to take things into our own hands, like leave negative reviews under the positive tag. And enforce restrictions. This will only get worse. If all the sellers stop selling then ebay will be NO MORE. But we have to do it, ebay will not do anything.

Message 55 of 139
latest reply

So I am starting out and all this is scaring the **bleep** out of me and where are you going after Ebay to sell online?  (think this'll get printed?)

Message 56 of 139
latest reply

Also I can not find anyway to CALL eBay and talk to a real person, Is there???

Yes, I do belive there are links in the customer support section that can take you to a "contact us" button they will offer a phone #s and a code to type in. But be warned, it's gonna go something like this.

Provide your user name and any other info, I understand your frustration, I want to help in any way that I can. can you please hold while I connect you to the right department.

Music-----,,,,,.....,,,,,  ... ,,,,

Hi,, I'm such n such, from so and so, what is your user ID and name? ,, Ok, what seems to be the problem, ,, I understand your frustration, I want to help in any way that I can. can you please hold while I connect you to the right department.

x 8 give or take

We will look into this and get back to you via email as soon as possible..

don't hold your breath.

Now it may be diffrent with very high volume sellers, ebay tends to take priority with certain members. It's not just about who they have made the most money from, it's about who they believe they will make the most money from. Surprize, they are a business.

Message 57 of 139
latest reply

Ebay now goes out of its way to promote its buyer protection programme and will support lying manipulative buyers in a bid to endorse their 'we guaruntee you get the item you ordered or your money back' promise.

As a result, a contraty buyer can open up a case againt you, claiming the item you sent is 'not as described', even when the item you sent was perfect and eBay will claim to have investigated the case and will decide in favour of the buyer EVERY TIME without exception.

This happened to me when a lying, unscrupulous buyer opened a case against me and posted untrue negative feedback THE SAME DAY and NEVER made any contact with whatsoever me before he did this.

I counter claimed, but eBay decided in his favour and he returned the item (a 49 year-old Beatles album) after claiming it was 'fit for the bin' and severely scratched and unplayable. Upon recieving the record back, I inspected it thouroghly and found not a single scratch on it, so I emailed eBay high-resolution pictures of both sides of the record and thir reply was: 'We're sorry there was a problem with this transaction. However, after further review, we have confirmed that the item doesn't match its description'.

I asked them exactly how they have reviewed and confirmed anything, when the only evidence is the pictures of the 'perfect' returned record, but I wasn't surprised that an answer wasn't forthcoming.

Ebay refused to remove this feedback even though it was untrue and defamatory, instead suggesting that I employ the services of a solicititor and take the seller to court if I thought his remarks were defamatory.

The result of this kind of travesty, is that honest sellers who sell obscure items are leaving in their thousands ans just power sellers who sell tat and nass produced 99p artifacts remain and because the volume of their sales is so prolific, several negative comments a week equates to a tiny amount of the **bleep**e they sell and a lot of people won't even bother when they find the item they bought doesn't work, its just 99p after all.

The worst thing is, that an honest seller can't even leave appropriate feedback any more for a buyer EVEN when they don't pay for an item they have won. You can either leave positive feedback or none.

Ebay has had its day and is now an absolute joke and they wil never see another penny of my money again, and with 13.4% charges (including paypal) this amounts to a lot as I had a positive 964 before eBay decided to back a liar (isd1993) and turn their back on an honest member.

Message 58 of 139
latest reply

And then paypal takea cut out of that payment you sent the selller,how about you as the buyer pay that fee since your the one senind a payment.

Or do you want your cake and eat it also?

Message 59 of 139
latest reply

20% Top Rated Discount! 

Here's my thought on this as a top rated seller.  I sold more items when I wasn't a top rated seller.  I'm just thinking, why would ebay want to give you 20% off your bill when they can move a non top rated seller up in the visibility and not have to pay the discount.

Ebay wins again.

Bottom line, top rated doesn't = top visibility or sales.

Message 60 of 139
latest reply