cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay favors Buyers Not Sellers

dawood
Enthusiast

I have been with eBay from the very beginning and they have gradually started favoring the buyer and not the seller. If you get a horrible buyer there is no way to leave a negative feedback. If the buyer says something is wrong with the item (whether there is or not) eBay favors them and you are forced to refund their money. If ebay continues on this road I believe they will lose more sellers. Also I can not find anyway to CALL eBay and talk to a real person, Is there???

Message 1 of 139
latest reply
138 REPLIES 138

jules1539
Enthusiast

I too am leaving ebay after several years. When ebay gets back to being as fair to sellers as it is to buyers then I will return. I have just had it with ebay enabling dishonest buyers to take advantage of honest sellers. As far as my experience goes ebay is slowly choking its main artery and will eventually die-no love lost here.

Message 31 of 139
latest reply

I sent a fine camera and lens to Glasgow and it was "lost - not delivered" . I produced my proof of posting but to no avail - result I have to refund the full amount because of Ebays favouring the buyer who puts nothing into Ebays coffers. So I lose a camera etc., and also the price which is remitted to the Buyer. Are all Buyers honest and all Sellers cheats and liars ? From now on I will only send Signed For packages so at least I can cut out the few chancers but unfortunately the honest buyers will have to pay a little more . J.R.Smith. 

Message 32 of 139
latest reply

I need help please.  

I am a seller - listed an item stating shipping to USA only.  

Australian placed bid and won, realizing only after the auction ended that I do not ship out of country.  

She requested that I cancel the transaction - which I requested.  

She DECLINED the request.   ...... 

Now EBAY says the case is closed.  Fees subtracted.  Fees not refunded.  

So the item sits - appearing to be unpaid and Ebay has their fees.  

Ebay will not allow me to request another cancel...

I filed an unpaid item over a week ago.  They contacted the buyer and she asked me to "cancel"  the transaction again. ???????????  

Seems like a vicious circle and Ebay ignores the seller since they have their fees from my account.  I cannot locate anywhere on Ebay to send a question about this.  And I cannot locate a phone number to speak to a live person.  

Any help offered here will be greatly appreciated.  🙂

Message 33 of 139
latest reply

I need help please.  

I am a seller - listed an item stating shipping to USA only.  

Australian placed bid and won, realizing only after the auction ended that I do not ship out of country.  

She requested that I cancel the transaction - which I requested.  

She DECLINED the request.   ...... 

Now EBAY says the case is closed.  Fees subtracted.  Fees not refunded.  

So the item sits - appearing to be unpaid and Ebay has their fees.  

Ebay will not allow me to request another cancel...

I filed an unpaid item over a week ago.  They contacted the buyer and she asked me to "cancel"  the transaction again. ???????????  

Seems like a vicious circle and Ebay ignores the seller since they have their fees from my account.  I cannot locate anywhere on Ebay to send a question about this.  And I cannot locate a phone number to speak to a live person.  

Any help offered here will be greatly appreciated.  🙂

You filed mutual cancellation and then tried to file UPI when it didn't go your way? Talk about dishonesty. Next time don't try to file both, straight to UPI if buyer doesn't pay.

Also, set up your non-US block before something like that happens again, either that or you'd have to come up with an invoice and ship internationally.

When up against non-payers, file UPI cases ASAP, do the right thing for the wellbeing of you and other fellow sellers.
Message 34 of 139
latest reply

Absolutely agree!  Ebay will always favor buyers.  After 10 years+ I am finished with ebay.  I was constantly getting sellers that did not want to pay.  The last one has 6 non paying comments on their account and Ebay is doing nothing about it.  How about if I bid on a bunch and win them and not pay ..........  LOL  HA HA. ...........Certain Ebay sellers are allowed through Ebay to list designer goods that are counterfeit.  If you report it to Ebay, they ignore it.  I am well over it.  Have a great time on this counterfeit, horrible site

Message 35 of 139
latest reply

you quit 2 months ago, looks like you have a lot of new inventory on ebay...I have a hard time trusting some of these complainers on here...

Message 36 of 139
latest reply

Dont you watch spongebob?

Mr.Krab: The customer is always right~

Complain all you want mr.seller, but untill packages can somehow be teleported directly to the customer, the buyer will always be in the right

Message 37 of 139
latest reply

Oh I thought they only did tha tto me.  you know I have had 2 negatives and 2 neutrals.  They tell me they dont caount positive feedback only negative and 1 and 2s?  What about all the good.  They have dropped my listings to the bottom hold my moeny and make it impossible for me to sell anything.  I am so disgusted.

Message 38 of 139
latest reply

551hdd
Enthusiast

I am no longer a "power seller"  because I fell short of the number of items sold. I sold well beyond the required amount of $$$ required, and I have a 100% feed back. I also used to be a top rated seller, but I didn't  meet eBay's strict rules. I don't care anymore. There are other ways to sell my stuff. Ebay will be the last place to sell.

Message 39 of 139
latest reply

They always side with buyers. Case in point.

There was a woman on here that bought something for me. She said that she never received and wanted a refund. I refund her money because I know that she will file a claim and Ebay always sides with the buyer. I sent it first class mail with no tracking because it is too expensive to pass that on to the customer and I can't absorb it. I was really suspicious because she wouldn't cofirm her address or reply back, even when I figured out what she was doing. I emailed several people that had left her positive feedback and asked them if this woman played the same game with the. The answers came back a resounding "yes". We all reported her to Ebay as she had played this scam on many many people. Ebay did nothing despite multiple stories from different people detailing the exact way they were scammed. It was all the same way. Ebay allows her to keep buying. Block twins1108 if you come across her.

Coupled with their rate hikes, I have had it with Ebay. I used to post 200-300 things a month and have cut it back to about 60. Instead of selling 200 items I am now selling about 30-40.  I only sell items that have a high profit margin. I have cut out the low profit margin items as it benefits me nothing to sell them. Ebay and Paypal make out like bandits, but I am lucky to break even.

Message 40 of 139
latest reply

I 100% agree...Every seller I here says "If it wasn't for the Sellers, Ebay would go under"....Really...You can Put 10 billion items for sale...If you don't have the buyer, then ebay doesn't exist....I as a buy makes ebay the Money....I buy from a seller, ebay then takes it's cut from the Seller....You sell it, they take their cut...I the buyer have thousands of other avenues to buy a product.....I use ebay as one of them....,This is no different than selling a Car, RE or any other item that a customer wants.....Buyer is not the Issue....It's the Seller that want his Cake and to Eat it also.....

Message 41 of 139
latest reply

Is it the Buyers fault??????Please....Did u have insurance?????...Did you have tracking?????This is how simple, why ship something without protection...If the Seller does not want to pay for the item, then don't sell it to him...You have so many choices, but you want the easy route....If you want to make sure that you have done all your part, Insurance, Tracking, then make the seller pay for it or incorporate the extra .50 into your price to sell.....Buyers fault....Geez....

Message 42 of 139
latest reply

What I sell (Coupons) has a low margin. The seller is not going to pay 1.25 for shipping for these. If I absorb it or charge it to them, then I will get less in auction, lose money or have less people shop with me.

I am simply saying that buyers get the favor from Ebay. I was honest, the person that cheated me was not. It sounds like you are siding with the scam artist that is a buyer. Why would you defend a thief????

We also had a person hack into my Ebay account and then sell jewelry. The hacker sold some jewelry for $2400. We discovered it. I warned the buyer and called Ebay. Ebay refunded the buyers money as they should, they took down the items which I could not see and then tried to collect the $2400 from us. Now tell me that Ebay doesn't favor the buyers...

Message 43 of 139
latest reply

I was not commenting on yours, I was commenting on 123Jamesrussel

Message 44 of 139
latest reply

Sorry about that. It is hard to distinguish who is addressing who sometimes.

Message 45 of 139
latest reply