cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay favors Buyers Not Sellers

dawood
Enthusiast

I have been with eBay from the very beginning and they have gradually started favoring the buyer and not the seller. If you get a horrible buyer there is no way to leave a negative feedback. If the buyer says something is wrong with the item (whether there is or not) eBay favors them and you are forced to refund their money. If ebay continues on this road I believe they will lose more sellers. Also I can not find anyway to CALL eBay and talk to a real person, Is there???

Message 1 of 139
latest reply
138 REPLIES 138

Re: Ebay favors Buyers Not Sellers

Trust me, PatPal is in bed with the big money handlers like Avangate. The seller, Bitdefender, invalidated my software key in preperation of a refund and now I'm out of $40 because:

"After careful consideration, we're unable to decide this claim in your favor at this time.

The item is ineligible for PayPal Buyer Protection because it is intangible."

Avangate would not refund my money and I had to escalate it to a claim. Paypal is a do nothing entity. Clearly, they are in bed with the sellers. I'm charging back PayPal thru my bank. Go ahead and cancel my account, PayPal, you are nothing but a bunch of crooks anyway. I will take my business elsewhere and that is alot of business too.

Message 76 of 139
latest reply

Ebay definitely favors buyers over sellers... After years of 100% perfect feedback, I unfortunately encountered this year two scam artists/buyers who left me 3 negative feedback based on lies. Since I am not a power seller, the percentage of three negative feedback sent me into below standard zone and here I am banned indefinitely from selling on eBay! It is ludicrous that eBay is not aware of this or does not do anything about it. I think sellers who got burned by eBay will eventually take advantage of that weakness and themselves scam other sellers. And eventually, too many sellers will be banned or so disgusted they will stop selling on eBay... that's when eBay is going to make less money and decide to change things. But it may be too late then. I do believe eBay will eventually collapse. Might take time, but they will. And if a competitor shows up on the market with the same services, but with impartial rules (where sellers will be able to leave feedback on buyers like it used to be), then eBay's collapse will be even faster... Good luck eBay! People are bound to find out how easy it is to score free items from eBay.

Message 77 of 139
latest reply

Sold a new and sealed Sony speaker system to buyer "lookn4u2return". The buyer is a scam artist that took advantage of ebay's buyer protection plan. For anyone reading this beware of this dead bugs and mold scam. He claimed that this sealed and new packaged item had dead bugs and mold inside. Ok, did he provide any evidence such as photos to eBay? No he did not and when I asked him for photo evidence of dead bugs and mold he told eBay that I was rude and i was bullying him. So I carefully pack and quickly send him a new and sealed item and a few days later I am accused of sending him an item with dead bugs and mold and I am a rude bully because I am requesting photographic evidence. He leaves me negative feedback, keeps the item because I am not going to pay for return postage and gets a full refund. EBay ruled in his favor and ignored my requests to remove his negative feedback and to investigate his scam. I was forced to leave positive feedback but I wrote negative comments in the positive block. So anyone checking his feedback will notice and read my negative comments and warnings to sellers not to sell to him. I had 279 items for sale on eBay before this incident. After eBay ruled in his favor without evidence I now have 37 items for sale. I will not relist approximately $7000 worth of potential sales on ebay . I can not risk buyers claiming dead bugs and mold on any of the 240 items that will not be listed. EBay and PayPal just lost about $900 worth of commissions from my sales. EBay is not the only means to sell and they are definitely the most expensive and highest risk method of selling
Message 78 of 139
latest reply

Totally agree, i believe it's an automated system that handles casses as no human being with evidence present will be in favor of a buyer that simply doesn't know how to read the description or message a seller before buying the item. best thing is i provide images so you can judge the quality yourself and they still deny me the case? Really eBay? The sellers make you money, not the buyer. I'm thinking it's time for craigslist or Amazon.

Message 79 of 139
latest reply

It makes no difference whether it is automated or human responses from eBay; eBay is here for the buyer.  eBay has just helped a so-called buyer from Moldova to rob me a Nikon zoom lens.  When reaching to eBay for help by phone, the live person from eBay customer service treated me belligerently, recalcitrantly, and condescending.  Very disappointing!!!  Seriously pondering of QUITTING eBay!!!!!!!!

Message 80 of 139
latest reply

I will not be using this site anymore because of the absurdity that eBay favors buyers and not sellers.  I will be going to Amazon Marketplace and Craigs List.

A buyer purchased a SwingByte Golf Swing Analyzer from me and I advertised it as brand new and took pictures of the actual box. Next, the buyer requests a return on the basis that its not a brand new SwingByte it is 2 year old technology. Just because something was manufactured 2 years ago does not mean that it's no longer new if its in a sealed unopened box.  I can't imagine what kind of ignorant no brained eBay employee would side with the buyer here.

I regret giving the site a cut of my business for all this years.  I will also be discontinuing any affiliation with Paypal and will recommend to all friends and family to do the same.

If a competent eBay representative who speaks English would like to speak with me about remedying this atrocity, they can contact me by phone or email.

Message 81 of 139
latest reply

Hi all sellers unhappy with ebay/paypal (including me). 

I suggest cancelling your paypal accounts.  Never use them to purchase anything on any other website, or anywhere.  I bet they make good money on paypal.  Also, of course, don't sell on ebay anymore. 

Apparently all the scammers have learned that ebay favors them as buyers.  Consequently, they are all out there working their scams.

Message 82 of 139
latest reply

sd-brightis
Thrill-Seeker

UNCHECK Block buyers who don't have PAL, cancel paypal acc. Accept new methods of payments, save $

Message 83 of 139
latest reply

Me too.  They dont even follow the policy of their own approved carriers!  USPS instructs the reciever not to return or reship an item damaged in shipping, yet they allow a returns as not as decribed after the buyer already identified it as damaged in shippping. So not only does the buyer intimidate you to pay return shipping you the have to pay the buyer back and loose all hope of collecting insurance, beacuse they approve the return.  Perhaps the great minds at eBay should follow the policies of their approved shippers and their own site. Whatup eBay managment!

http://www.ebay.com/gds/USPS-SHIPPING-INSURANCE-COLLECTING-WHEN-NECESSARY-/10000000001535159/g.html

Message 84 of 139
latest reply

I totally agree that Ebay is for the Buyers only.  I have been on Ebay since 2004, Never reported a negative feedback nor got one and now I have a person whom bought 2 products the same day, paid for them individually, not waiting for me to bundle or do combine shipping.  I sent both products in the same envelope. Weeks later the buyer sends me a message through ebay, NOT resolution center, demanding to know where her product is and stated that I am not to use excuses that its bad weather where she is.  She sent positive feedback for the one item but told me she has had problems with sellers in the past and they ALWAYS give her her money back AND send her another item.  If she didn't receive it WHY don't she go through EBAY to get a refund. NOPE, HELLO what does that tell me. She had not been on for over a year, only 28 feedbacks, 3 in the past year, two which were mine for paying so quickly. THEN she leaves negative feedback for me for the one item she SUPPOSEDLY didn't receive.  I called and basically what EBAY says is that I have no proof that BOTH items were sent in the same envelope and I don't have tracking for two packages so they are to believe she did not receive the second item.  SO NOW I will charge people for multiple shippings or TAKE PICTURES AT THE POST OFFICE THAT I AM SENDING TWO ITEMS IN ONE ENVELOPE AND HAVE THEM SEAL IT WHILE I AM TAKING PICTURES.  UGH BEWARE SELLERS

Message 85 of 139
latest reply

Agreed....had to learn the hard way when USPS 'broke'...maybe, maybe not, 3 out of 5 designer glasses I shipped fully insured....buyer was too 'busy' to go to the post office to make a claim and too lazy to tape up the box and place the pre-paid return label on the box. Products insured but since eBay sided with buyer, I lost the 2 non-broken glasses worth about $50, lost the entire sale amount $98 and my appeal was defined. EBay did however refund the return postage label ($7.95) and gave me $25 (they were adamant that USPS would not accept the box and the claim....WRONG! just checked with USPS and they would have)....SO I never could do an insurance claim to USPS and THEY even saw the package prior to it being sealed because they helped me tape it! So buyer kept on bullying me via personal email and eBay sided with them. THANKS ALOT! Thank goodness the founder of eBay lost the CA governor's race to JB...if she would have run CA like she runs/ran eBay; oh my!

Message 86 of 139
latest reply

Well....LET'S DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!
Message 87 of 139
latest reply

Been selling for years on ebay and have been happy up until today.  Customer service call waiting 45 min. and then was appalled at how I was treated.  I questioned my defect rate on seller dashboard which was totally messed up giving me defects for times I actually bent over backwards for the buyer.  Indonesia agent told me there is nothing I can do.....defect rates stand.  Too bad ebay is a conglomerate.  Someone needs to bring competition to the buying and selling world so we can all switch out to the better company.  Ebay's defect rate and seller performance level is way below standard in my eyes.

Message 88 of 139
latest reply

Much agreed!  Before I Start Let me say I am I a Superior Ebay Seller With the Highest of Ratings!!!  I am not an Unhappy Seller!!  Ebay can only exist if it has People Selling and Buying.  Sellers are Ebays Source of Revenue.  Ebay makes all sorts of rules that are Designed to protect the Buyer and the Seller from unfair Business Practices.   They are Excellent in that area but,  Ebay's Feedback Posting Program Designed to Enlighten Current and Potential Buyers/Sellers of the Accountability and Integrity of a Seller/Buyer is Extremely Lopsided.   When it comes down to protecting the Seller (their Life Line for Success) from Unfair Buyer Feedback Postings, their Sellers, (Ebay's Birth Children), May as well be a stepchildren.  Ebay favors the Buyer and forgets the seller. 

Buyers can Leave Positve or Negative Feedback for a Seller Based on their Experience.  Sellers, No Matter What their Experience, Can Leave ONLY a Positive Comment for a Buyers Feedback!  Sellers are not Protected against an Unethical Buyer's Opinions.  Sellers can loose future sales simply because a buyer will leave a spiteful negative or neutral posting.   Ebay is very reluctant to remove low feedback ratings even when they are obviously unfair.

Ebay Has a Seller Program that Rewards and Penalizes Sellers based on the Feedback Postings they receive.   Ebay adds Insult to injury to the Seller by adding an Unfair 5 Star Rating System for Buyers to Rate Sellers in 5 different categories.  The Problem is that a Buyer can Leave a Positive Written Feedback then totally destroy the Positive Feedback given with the 5 star rating they give.   Buyers cannot submit Feedback without completing the 5 star rating system. Some of these 5 Star ratings are directly conflicting with any Positive Written feedback already given.   Sellers Rewards or Penalties are based on this 5 star Rating System.  If a seller does not receive a perfect score they are penalized. ( Some people will never give a perfect score just for general purposes.)

Message 89 of 139
latest reply

So to let everyone know, you are absolutely correct in the idea that ebay caters to buyers not sellers. i was just on the phone with brent p. i asked why does ebay give the option to not accept returns if they are going to let buyers return items even if they are not damaged anyway. His response and I quote" to give the buyers the option to return items for any reason whatsoever" I then asked specifically "so ebay caters to buyers and not sellers?" his response "that is absolutely correct". ebay has no interest in sellers other than to collect fees. they are always on the buyers' side. i have issued refunds to buyers if they show the item is damaged during shipping or it doe snot work when they receive it even though i check the little box that says returns not accepted and also list in each listing refunds and returns are not accepted and purchase is made under this agreement. Just the fact that brent p. admitted that buyers are permitted to return items for any reason even though sellers are given the option to not accept returns is an admission of breach of contract by ebay with each seller.
Message 90 of 139
latest reply