cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay buyer protection SUCKS!

Seller admits he didnt send the weights for a clock and that a piece was broken. The weights were in the pictures, and he said it was in Excellent condition with all parts present. He told me 3 times he sent a partial refund check, but never I recieved it. In the meantime, I bought some weights on Craigslist for the clock.  I filed a claim, but Ebay ruled in the sellers favor because I may have altered the clock. How did I alter it? The seller admits he was wrong!!! I filed an appeal, and they said their original ruling was correct. He is a new seller that sold 7 items, and I have been with Ebay many years, I will never trust the Buyer Protection again! Thats the only reason I bid so high on an item from a new seller, beacause I THOUGHT I was protected!

Item# 190859172463

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: Ebay buyer protection SUCKS!

I agree

Theres no platform for a Seller to be heard nor to put forward a dishonest / false claim from buyers!

The Customer Services Teams are appalling with there attiude and for NOT solving the issue in hand!

Its like they just read off a text book!!!Smiley Mad

Message 16 of 40
latest reply

I have used ebay 3 times in the past 5 year.  All three times I received a defectve item and after returning it ebay did not give my money back, ever.  I only purchased again from ebay after each bad experience beacause someone I know said people buy stuff from ebay all the time and that ebay claims there is a Buyer protection. But, all three times I bought an item (advertised as new) from ebay, the item was defective.   ebay's buyer protection is a joke.  Each time after reporting that the item was defective, they asked me to return it to the seller. I returned the defective items at my own cost to the Seller, but never got my money back. All 3 times, ebay took the Seller's side and said seller never received the defective item.  I know the item was received by the seller because I had it tracked and I never got it back in the mail for non-delivery.  ebay is a complete fraud.  Do not use ebay.  If you shop on ebay and  the item you receive is defective, even if you return it, its a very good chance you won't get your money back.  Think about it, ebay makes money from the seller selling the item.  If they return your money they won't get paid.  Buyer always looses if the item is defective or wrong.  Ebay either way makes money and the seller gets their defective item back to sell to the next poor buyer. This company was founded on a stupid idea and enables bunch of scam artist sell defective items.  Stay away from ebay. Just buy from a reputable site with a true buyer protection reputation. DO NOT BUY FROM EBAY.

Message 17 of 40
latest reply

HI,....THE EBAY SITE SUCKS,......CANNOT BELEIVE I AM USING THAT TERM....

AS A UK SELLER ....SELLERS ARE DISAPEARING ,....AND BEEN MADE UP WITH. WELL. I WOULD CALL IT FILLING THE BLANKS FROM EBAY...

SO YES IT SUCKS.................

Message 18 of 40
latest reply

EBAY DOES SUCK!

I Bought a 2015 Large Nike Jacket  for my 5'7" 130 lb daughter.  (84.99 plux 12.00 shipping) Unknow to me (Ebay newbee) it was an international purchase from Hong Kong.  WONT DO THAT AGAIN.  Waited 8 weeks to arrive.  It looked like a Childs Large.  The seller Fruit-Tree was nice enough to accept the item back.  Of course on my dime.  32.00 register USPS.  Oh but guess what.  It only seems to be registered in the US.  As I track it online it arrives in Hong Kong on 10/7/15 but never arrives at its desitnation, so Im out 128.99 and EBAY not only cant help me I can no longer leave a mesage on the sellers account.  DONT BUY FROM EBAY!!  Pass the word. 

Message 19 of 40
latest reply

I bought a holster for my 22 revolver. When it arrived it did not fit my revolver plus I found out that the seller lied in the discription about it fitting a revolver. The holster was made for a colt 32 auto pistol. Plus, the seller charged me $12.00 shipping but when the package arrived the shipping price was $3.54. i stupidly openned a refund request but ebay refused my request so I left negative feedback for the seller which ebay removed. I  called ebay appeales department and my case was reopenned. Ebay requested pictures and told me they would send me an email with a link to send my pictures to them. The link brought me to a yellow box which was a document request form. The form required special formats such as pdf files to download my pictures: It also required me to use no more than 2 MB per picture. I was using quality camera to show the details of the holster but was told by a woman from the appeals department that my camera was using too much memory and to use a cheaper camera. I tried a cheap digital camera but the pictures did not turn out . Now I am about to close my ebay account because the hasle just isn't worth it any longer. I feel that ebay does not stand by their money back warranty and they cannot be trusted. Thier are some good, honest people selling on ebay but when a dishonest seller arrives and cheats buyers ebay makes excuses and looks the other way. This is no way to conduct business.

Message 20 of 40
latest reply

I got it worse at over 400 usd and the buyer still profited with the item 

Message 21 of 40
latest reply

I got it worse at over 400 usd
Message 22 of 40
latest reply

Seller sends out package without postage and they say you have to pay extra postage to get the item with NO REFUND FROM SELLER.  

Message 23 of 40
latest reply

It sucks! It is not even comparable to amazon! Bought a camera for 670$ and never received it! Could not get a refund or replacement and cannot leave feedback for the seller! I'm never gonna buy anything on ebay.

Message 24 of 40
latest reply

I also got the same treatment. I tried appealing through papal and the result was the same. Thank God it was only 105 Euro that they allowed the seller to steal from me but am not taking any more chances with these crooks
Message 25 of 40
latest reply

I'm Done with Eabay. they are all about the seller. I placed and order and cancelled on minute later , I have all the emails. Eaby delays things out . Ebay says dont worry we will get you money back. Can;t deal with seller. Seller ignored my cancellation notice one minute after ordering. Ebay policy is one hour to cancel. Seller ignored request to cancel and shipped 24 hours later from China. Seller says jsut to not sign for items. They are left in my mailbox now they are expecting me to ship the items back to china and pay for it? THen the seller says they will refund me . Then they say the wont refund me. i posted negative feedback then the seller jsut ignored me. Ebay puts a hold on the complaint for another two and a half weeks? Where is the refund?  Now I am stuck with junk .

I'm done with Ebay. They support too many crooked sellers. Some sellers are good some are not! Not worthe th chance and Ebay will not stand behind their rules. 

ebay rules: A buyer has one hour to cancel a purchase. I cancelled in one minute and they did nothing to resolve the issue or make the seller abide by the rules.

Message 26 of 40
latest reply

I

ebay rules: A buyer has one hour to cancel a purchase. I cancelled in one minute and they did nothing to resolve the issue or make the seller abide by the rules.

Message 27 of 40
latest reply

Bought a Nikon B500 for $190. Item was supposed to arrive by Dec. 9. Seller fell out of communication and then chastised me for getting upset that he wasn't communicating with me and hadn't shipped the item. On Dec. 10, I opened a case against him, and he went ahead and shipped on Dec. 12. I got my package on Dec. 14 – a Dimage X60 worth less than $40. And dented, so worth less than that. It should have been shipped with a case in a big box. Instead it came in a tiny envelope. There was no confusion. It was outright fraud. eBay's solution? The vaunted eBay Money Back Guarantee, which allows him three business days to issue a return label and then six days after receiving the item to get me my money back. The item was intended for Christmas, but if things run smoothly from here on (which they haven't), I MIGHT get my money back by Jan. 4. Lucky me. Lucky daughter, who won't get her camera for Christmas, but MIGHT get something by mid-January. Thanks, eBay for taking care of me. Love the personal touch on the customer care.

Message 28 of 40
latest reply

I have the same sentiments.  I'm a long time ebay buyer and occasionally sold stuff without any issues.  I bought a book on a buyer on the same state hoping it will be faster even with economy shipping(although shipping description states it will take 1 month to arrive).  Contacted the seller right away after I paid to provide tracking no. if possible -- seller provide curt reply to see shipping description.  So I waited without communication from the seller about tracking or if it was sent, etc.  Then close to a month, I received a package with a similar but way less valued item from UPS-- no description from the seller or ebay.  At this point I'm trying to remember where I bought this item and I'm trying to reference my ebay purchase but nothing match since there was no information from the seller or ebay with this UPS tracking number.  Waited another week then contact the seller about not receiving the item -- no response.  So I filed a complaint to Ebay for not receiving an item then the seller reacted and provided tracking info which is the exact tracking no. the packaged with the wrong item I received.  So at this point Ebay sided with the seller-- also the tracking info is now in my Ebay account. I filed a complaint to Ebay again stating that the item was incorrect so the seller provided me prepaid USPS return label -- so I sent it back right away but the return address somehow was undeliverable to the address the seller provided. I waited again and called ebay for a refund -- I got my refund after 48 hours.  So with all that said, I have no book, I wasted my time with ebay and wasted my time returning the wrong item.  But the reason why I'm here is because ebay removed my legitimite comments about the transaction -- which was "worse transaction" and "complete waste of time".

In closing, ebay or any vendor's buying experience shouldn't be this frustrating and to top it off, ebay enables this type of behavior by deleting comments like mine so as a buyer I can't provide critical feedback to other potential buyers regarding the seller and the type of transcation the seller conducts.

Message 29 of 40
latest reply

Should be called "Seller Protection Plan". I bought a dress that had the fabric type labeled as Neoprene in BOTH the title and the description, although it was a cheaper, ordinary polyester knit.  eBay ruled for the seller because the itemized fabric composition listing description contained polyester and Spandex--two of the three components of Neoprene--and matched the garment tag. They didn't seem to care that the seller misrepresented the item as one of much higher value or that the title and seller's description were both lies!  Bottom line is they want you to feel safe but they don't want to actually spend a cent of their money to do it. It's an empty promise.

Message 30 of 40
latest reply