cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Held Funds & PayPal Balance Problems

Just wondering if any other sellers are having problems getting eBay held funds released and/or are having problems with their PayPal balance due to those held funds. I sure am.

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Ebay Held Funds & PayPal Balance Problems

It's just happened to me! 100% feedback DSR 4.8 across the boards (I think someone left 4.0, 'cause they could, it used to be 4.9 to 5.0 last week).

Anyway, I sold a rather high-ticket item on March 1st and shipped USPS Media Mail, insured on the 2nd. Buyer hadn't left feedback or contacted me, so I thought it had arrived and they were just slow to leave feedback. Then, on the 16th I got up and went to the computer to start listing more stuff, 'cause I had taken a few days off to rest up. There was a message that wasn't even 24 hours old and another message about an open case, and my funds for the amount of the sale were frozen, which were all the funds in my account, plus $30.00 in the red, which will have to come out of my back-up back account unless the problem is resolved.

The seller hasn't received the item. It was scanned into the PO in his town, but not scanned to go out for delivery. It's either lost in the postal station or somebody at that PO has sticky fingers. It took me all afternoon to go to my PO and find out and send him 4 progressive messages and a voice message.

He didn't even give me 24 to 48 hours to find his message before opening a case and accusing me of fraud and claiming that I had presented myself as trustworthy to lure him into buying a high-ticket item. He pointed out that I didn't have any items listed at the moment and that indicated that I wasn't "reputable" and that I hadn't responded to his message.

Why doesn't ebay wait 24 to 48 hours for the seller to find the message and respond. No, they just treat you like a criminal and put your PP account / funds on hold. Anyway, the guy says he'll wait for the mail carrier Monday and see what he can find out about the parcel that's MIA. Meanwhile, the funds they're holding were just what I needed to pay my outrageous seller fees at the end of this month. So now I have to sell more stuff just to get those fees into the account, thereby creating more fees. If the parcel is never recovered, I'll have to refund and file an insurance claim and wait for about 30 days to recover the money from the PO. If I file quickly and then they find the parcel, it'll go to the PO auctions instead of my getting it back. If I don't give the guy the refund within a few days (7 I think), I'll be charged the outrageous 13% final value fee that is extorted specifically on books. If I give it quickly, ebay will deduct my seller fee for that item. The guy still would rather have the item, so I sure hope the PO comes up with it. His very short message after all my messages did say that he was glad it wasn't a fraud. (Thanks for acknowledging I'm not a thief and haven't been maintaining 100% feedback as a conspiracy just to rob him and only him!)

Meanwhile, I'm completely upset and in a financial pickle, since my only source of income is what I do here on ebay (I'm 62). So, no matter how abusive it is, if I know what's good for me I'll have to list more stuff here this weekend and continue to be at the mercy of ebay, PP, and the stinkin' PO.

I've been reviewing "Top Ten" e-commerce sites, though. I think I need to diversify before it gets any worse, if that's possible, as in the Spring Seller debacle, where us small beans sellers will be treated like the pond scum they think we are!

Thanks for letting me share!

Message 31 of 44
latest reply

This is theft , it too is happening to me on two of my high performance id's ..... do they want us all to stop using ebay? , does anyone know is ther another way to recieve funds , ? Paypal are god damn criminals  owned by Ebay anyway .... this is wrong , i have 500 in my account & im broke too , Listen up ebay this is going to destroy ebay & paypal

Message 32 of 44
latest reply

There are so many valid complaints on this post. If anyone knows of a venture capitalist or knows someone with a huge amount of money who wants to invest in a new company....starting up a competitor site to ebay which takes these seller issues into account for a seller friendly environment, they would make so much money....think of it, they have a ready made seller/customer base.

Message 33 of 44
latest reply

The 'held funds' thing has absolutely butchered my ebay business.  Last year I did approx $45000 in sales as a side business on ebay.  This year its less than half that.  The entire reason is the delay in my funds.  I simply cannot reorder inventory, and pay for it in a timely manner when I have to wait until 3 days after the buyer received the item.  So you figure, whats the ebay fees on about $20000 thats what ebay cost themselves with that policy.  And for what? 4 low star ratings on shipping time.  Not 4 cases that had to be resolved by ebay, or major problems... just a couple of slow items that were ultimately received by the customers... most of them in a fairly quick manner to be honest.

Message 34 of 44
latest reply

The other poster is right, PayPal is only licensed as a money transfer co, the moment they hold funds they're a bank. & they're making interest off our money. Each state is different as to they're regulations. Complain to the states attorney general, etc, I've read a few reports recently that some states are getting upset with paypal because of flaunting the laws & not paying the correct fees for being a' bank'. Good luck

Message 35 of 44
latest reply

HI I BE EBAYING FOR OVER 10 YEARS NEVER HAD A PROBLEM BUYING AND SELLING UNTILL 10/20/2012 EBAY PUT A HOLD ON MY FUNDS OR TOLD PAY PAL TOO PUT A HOLD EBAY SAID MY OVER SEA CUSTOMERS SAID I CHARGE TOO MUCH FOR SHIPPING NOW I HAVE A POOR RATING ????? I HAVE 100% FEED BACK???????????????  THAY ARE MAKING ME WHAT UP TOO 21 DAYS BEFOR THAY GIVE ME MY MONEY .I HAVE MONEY INVESTIED IN MY STUFF I AM A SMALL BISSNESS MAN I CAN'T AFORD IT I'M BORKE THANKS

Message 36 of 44
latest reply

I also had the same problem with a new item . We took 12 pictures of the item with its tags attached , showing every detail . The buyer didnt like it , we offered him his money back , he refused and filed with ebay . E-bay gave him a full refund and let him keep the item . We got hit with neg. feedback and dropped from 100%. We have ended all listing and are going to :onlineauction.com , No fees! We are also going to google checkout. they only hold your money for 2 days verses paypals 21

Message 37 of 44
latest reply

will the last seller out the door , please turn out the lights.

Message 38 of 44
latest reply

this is very true i have shipped items and a buyer opens a case funds are unavailable from beginning and some buyers keep items. This has happened to me

Message 39 of 44
latest reply

I PAY MY MONTHIY FEE TO EBAY $660  I TRAY TO POST ADD I CANT SO I CALL EBAY THEY TOLD MY I HAVE TO BY MY BALACE $860 SO I LOOK THEY CHARE ME TWICE SO I CALL THEY THEY SAY IT TAKE 21 DAYS TO REFUND MY MONEY I PAY THEM ON THE 8/14/2014   AND TODAY IS SEPT 9-2014 I CALL TO MANY TIME WITH NO LUCK EVRY TIME TRANSFER FROM PLACE TO NOTHER PLACE VARY BAD COPANY TO DO BUSINESS WITH

Message 40 of 44
latest reply

Hi,

I have the same problem and i am disgusted with ebay and pay pal. I mostly buy but decided to sell a few bits and hey presto HASSLE. Thanks a bunch ebay. Well there are other ways to sell with much less hassle and as soon as these four are resolved i will be cancelling both of these cowboys. As far as i am concerned the more that leave the more it hurts them. It seems quite clear they do not want our business so as Alan Sugar say's YOURE FIRED.

Message 41 of 44
latest reply

Same problem here. I cant pay with paypal balance !!!

Stupid as hell, I`m tryin but they charge on my credit card

Message 42 of 44
latest reply

Yes this has been a problem for me since around March of 2016. We have found sevceral thousand dollars in errors.

Message 43 of 44
latest reply

I have been having the same problems

Message 44 of 44
latest reply