cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you feel e-bay treats it’s sellers fairly?

E-bay is protecting scumbag, deadbeat bidders and treating it’s sellers like dirt! I had a guy buy two items totaling $270,000, no payment, no communication. And I had to pay $41.00 to relist the two items and e-bay won’t refund that money, yep you heard it right, e-bay is stealing from its sellers. Furthermore since e-bay won’t allow its sellers to leave negative feedback, people have been leaving positive feedback, just so they can warn people about this person. So now when someone looks at their feedback number, without reading the feedback, they think everything is fine. E-bay’s strike enforcement policy is seriously flawed… This person has done this four times, and is still active. I am truly disgusted with e-bay and how I have been treated. This corporate culture is going to be their undoing. They may be the only game in town today, but keep abusing the people that pay your bills and see what happens tomorrow!!!! I feel like e-bay cares about money, much more than it's sellers, and does not care how they get paid, as long as they get paid!

I would like your thoughts on how you feel about e-bay stealing your listing fees and how we're treated when we call in to complain about anything.

Message 1 of 72
latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

kevshomebiz2011
Enthusiast

I have been with eBay for a little while. I wouldn't say that I'm even close to mastering eBay at all. I do know some secrets about eBay that will floor you! Please give me a call or email me right now! 937-471-7974 and see for yourself! There are no strings attached, just 100% pure, honest advice! Call now and ask for Kevin or email me at kevshomebiz@yahoo.com. Thanks for your time!

Message 16 of 72
latest reply

Stop selling on ebay.

I refuse to become an ebay seller. The system is rigged to take advantage and abuse sellers. Do not sell here.

You can't complaint and keep selling here. It's one or the other.

Message 17 of 72
latest reply

I agree. %10 of my sales are non payment and %10 is purchasing wrong itme for their computer and request refund. If i dont I will receive - feedback, can not do anything. Waisting about a $1000 for careless buyers. sucks.

Message 18 of 72
latest reply

dicksonjackie432012
Enthusiast

Why do you have to pay for sellers fee??? And do we have to pay for our own shipping label??? I sold a tennis racket for 19.00 and they end up giving me 18.99 for it. And now I can't seem to receive my payment for someone who just purchase my Racket and they are blocking the payment due to 1.75 of a seller fee that is stupid. Any feedback could help me please.??!!

Message 19 of 72
latest reply

eBay is at the bottom of the barrel as far as I am concerned! I seriously cannot stand eBay. Quite possibly the worst company to do business with ever! ZERO SUPPORT FOR THEIR BREAD WINNERS! (The sellers). There WILL be an alternative to eBay someday and I know thousands of current users who will happily jump the eBay ship! eBay deserves no less than to be put out of business considering the way they treat their sellers. I have been completely ripped off by several parasite buyers only to have eBay totally and completely "blow me off". It is unimaginable how they stay in business with this brutal business model. Momentum and lack of choice is the only logical and explainable reason (It certainly isn't due to happy customers). When their momentum runs out and/or someone with some money comes up with a site that actually respects is customers comes along, bye bye eBay and I welcome that day with open arms!!! eBay deserves it more than any company I have ever dealt with.

eBay, YOU SUCK IN A VERY BIG WAY! You are one of the world's most known companies and also one of the world's most UNPOPULAR and  deservedly so might I add.

Seriously.... get it together eBay or there will be none of us left to sell for you! Folks (fellow unhappy sellers), just Google "unpopular eBay" (or something to that effect) and get a load of all of the eBay haters and unhappy sellers who are just clammoring for a viable alternative to "trashBay". I know I am!

Message 20 of 72
latest reply

I agree, but I also think they protect people who may do a lot of business and are totally crazy. I have had a woman and her husband threaten me because they think I was out of line on shipping. they wrote me so many threatening emails I reported them and then proceeded to find this is their mode of operation.  Yesterday I had a seller contact me about them saying she noticed I had really nasty feedback from them and told me she was having the same problem.  They are very threatening and tag team you.  Ebay has all the reports and does nothing except warn them.

Message 21 of 72
latest reply

yes e-bay  can care less about the sellers as they are a dime a dozen .buyers are the kings and don't you forget it..i just can't see why so many sellers stay here ??? their are many other sites and even free ones . 10's of thousands need to leave before e-bay will get on their knee's. its up to you the seller to stand up and move on . get up and do something MOVE ON  that is the only thing you can do. to fight back.when my stock is gone so am i as this is the only place the item sells so stuck for now but it looks like i will be sold out this comming collector season .many have left with 10's of 1,000's of feed backs .i can go to e-bay as a seller and when they give me a hard time i just tell then i am also a buyer and their tune changes as most of the time i buy more then the other buyer by far.if you do try it ,it works.   TO BE THE MAN YOU MUST BEAT THE MAN 

Message 22 of 72
latest reply

There has to be someplace better to sell our items online. Ebay is a pile of horse ^&%$ anymore. They lowered my seller listings and i can only sell 200.00 dollars worth of items a month now. They said its to better improve your customer relations skills. B569 me ebay. I went from being able to sell 15,000 a month to 200 a month for 90 days!! because of 2 complte asshats leaving me negatives in 30 days out of 250 ppl i sold too. seriously ebay must think its sellers are slaves. They steal from us time and time again with the outrageous fee's and charges for nothing. I am so fed up im ready to make the national news.......... they literally took food out f my family's mouth because of some micro managment b******* rules. ebay just sucks a frogs butt anymore. I have had 2 buyers steal from me from the buyer protection rule. ebay did nothing. i ship immediately after something sells i do not wait i sell for cheap and this is what i get from ebay. Tim to stop with the giant corporate BS attitude ebay must be spanked and spanked hard. Anyone else with me? If not  i will hurt this giant beast alone. (*&^ you ebay for treating hardworking sellers like peasant dogs.

Message 23 of 72
latest reply

good luck. i've never had any issues with ebay or paypal,as a buyer  or as a seller.

of course,that MIGHT be because i read everything available,learn all the new policies IMMEDIATELY and follow the rules i AGREED to follow when i joined ebay. perhaps y'all could try that,eh?

Message 24 of 72
latest reply

Ebay personel are a bunch of incompetent lackies at best. Once they make a decision to screw a specific seller, they stick to it. there is zero customer loyality and basically the people there lie to the sellers. I had 8000 feedback, no low dsr's and 3 negatives at 99.9 percent feedback, I still never felt safe. Boy I was right. they banned me permanent for selling. called  several times and they said the reason is that i had to complaints escalated and closed. they considered this an alarming pattern of behavior. what a f-en joke. If people would rate ebay, they would suspend themselved. As far as I am concerned, they broke their own TOS, not me, by being lying sacks of sh-t. I will never pay them the fees I owe them and they can rot in hell where all the staff belongs. real phoney scumbags.

from formally the largest seller of tobacco pipes on ebay.

Message 25 of 72
latest reply

I`m reading and reading and...

To sineaterdoodah

Then you must be the only one or may be the choosen one at least according to this topic.

So i have some questions for you, because you are read all things which must be read, i`m reading two weeks already and it seems i`m not.

1. Did you try the last few days to lift money from your bank account to your paypal? (and if yes how is the feeling?)

2. Did ever you try to print label where your address is non US? (id we supposed you have branch outside US) because you are read ALL rules and agreements you may be will can answer?

3. Did you try ever to make more than 4 ebay accounts?

4. Did you try to call to support international where (in my case) calls to theyrs (or may be must say "to yours") office cost more than $8 per minute which in my country is almost salary for one day?

5. Did you ever try to reach some/any support which is not automatic generated message from outside US?

If you can answer at least one "yes" and still insist that you`re happy from ebay`s "support" i can tell you clearly you`re lier.

And here one riddle for you. I have over $80 in my paypal, i have invoice for the last month for less than $1, i have agreed properly all ebay`s "agreements" (months ago) including this one which is to can ebay take whatever money he like from my paypal, i had made automatic paypments for early invoices and in the moment my account is hold... quest for what... due to non payd invoice...

Can you tell me what exactly i`m not read, learn,  or follow?!?

I just feel how now you will tell me "you must contact the "customer support"", so i`ll not waste the time of both of us and i`ll tel you to you to see the questions above my little riddle.

I can wish you my friend i beg to all Gods to never must need contact this excuse of support called "customer support", because if you do it you will change your mine and may be will runaway with screams, or at least you will wish.

Message 26 of 72
latest reply

Anyone who defended ebay because they read the new rules and stay up to date is a liar.  There are some many ebay employee trolls on the forums and they all are pathetically defending ebay.  Cancel your ebay account and move to ebid.net .  Thousands of new users and much safer than ebay.  I just listed over 200 items 2 days ago and have had over 20 sales.  It doesn't compare to the 2000 items I had on ebay, but I will build you to it.  DO NOT BUY OR SELL ON EBAY.  ALSO FILE A CLAIM WITH THE SEC AND YOUR STATES ATTORNEY GENERAL. 

Message 27 of 72
latest reply

Thanks for the idea, I definitely will make one account and will try it. If this site have real support and the conditions written in their help pages are true I`all sell in theirs site forever. For buying still will hold, because the listings still are too poor amount  for my taste. For buying from ebay - I stopped buying from all ebay sites on the moment when I received the first problem which is the moment when I had to contact the "support" and will not buy even one single match box from them until they solve my problem with their system and even then I`all think twice before to buy or bid in any ebay.

Now i`ll go to read the full reguirements on the suggested site and to see is there a way to selling without using a paypal account (because of trouble with trustpay and lifting my money from my bank account to paypal - maybe here is the place to say that my account balance as buyer is higher than as seller - in other words i`m buy more than i sell, so this "trustpay" which paypal forces me to use it is totally unacceptable for me) so if i can stop use paypal  and replace with something similar will be great for me.

As a seller - this is great option for me - less sellers = more clients for me.

Meantime - last night i received answer from ebays "support" (can you believe it?!?)  - according to received email the reason for holding my account is not non payd invoice anymore - now the reason is because i have "too many paypal accounts" . I have two paypal accounts - one business and one personal which according to paypal rules is allowed. In ebay in all my activity i used only one of them in absolutely all cases and i told them this. Beside months already i have these paypal accounts and until now i had no problems with them or to buy or sell in ebay.

Anyway i ask them to tell me who is the other account because i can`t remember it now due to non use it (and never did) and i promiced to delete it. Still no answer (typically for this "support").

PS If anyone know other similar sites where we can sell and buy, please let me know - will be grateful, because more sites = more choices = best options for us.

PPS Sorry to the autor of this topic for the offtopic, but i think is better to we point the real reasons why we are not happy from this "service" ebay in real examples instead of only to talk that we are not happy.

Message 28 of 72
latest reply

i guess y'all might as well call me a liar then. because if i answer your questions truthfully,you already said you would,so have at it.

and i don't work for ebay,i'm an unemployed cook.if ebay PAID me,i wouldn't need to SELL here.

Message 29 of 72
latest reply

Your account is registered  more than two years ago and you have total feedback of 25 for the last year and exactly 0 listings in the moment and you say you selling to pay your bills... why every ebay servant in this site think the people are blind stupid sheeps?!?

Instead of to do meaningless disputes go check what is broken in the site and why I can`t pay my invoice, and what is wrong to can`t I selling, because if you and yours colleagues did yours work in the right place and time my selling would work now and I would make money for me and your bills instead to waste mine and yours time in meaningless attempts to reach some real support.

Btw this is valid for others sellers here too - they are here in this topic for one reason - lack of support and understanding.

You see - ebay taxes (hidden and not so) reach to sky, restrictions are endless, understanding - let say "nobody care", but the people are agreed on this, but when you and the people like you start mock with the people nobody win. In same time if the site was ok everybody would go to do money (including for your salary) and this topic would not existing.

It`s so simple.

PS. For the record, i still have not answer from the "support". I hope they are still live and this year will tell me who is the paypal account which is the problem or what other excuse they can offer me why the site don`t work for me and why i loose money in the moment.

Message 30 of 72
latest reply