cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you feel e-bay treats it’s sellers fairly?

E-bay is protecting scumbag, deadbeat bidders and treating it’s sellers like dirt! I had a guy buy two items totaling $270,000, no payment, no communication. And I had to pay $41.00 to relist the two items and e-bay won’t refund that money, yep you heard it right, e-bay is stealing from its sellers. Furthermore since e-bay won’t allow its sellers to leave negative feedback, people have been leaving positive feedback, just so they can warn people about this person. So now when someone looks at their feedback number, without reading the feedback, they think everything is fine. E-bay’s strike enforcement policy is seriously flawed… This person has done this four times, and is still active. I am truly disgusted with e-bay and how I have been treated. This corporate culture is going to be their undoing. They may be the only game in town today, but keep abusing the people that pay your bills and see what happens tomorrow!!!! I feel like e-bay cares about money, much more than it's sellers, and does not care how they get paid, as long as they get paid!

I would like your thoughts on how you feel about e-bay stealing your listing fees and how we're treated when we call in to complain about anything.

Message 1 of 72
latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

I agree with you 100%. I just went through a similar experience. The winning bidder never paid for an item and never responded to email inquiries. I opened up a non paying bidder case. The next day I decided to call the winning bidder to try to find out if they intended to pay me, They said the bid on the item and only after placing the winning bid read the item description, then based upon what they read decided they did not want the item nor would they pay for it. I asked if they would be willing to cancel the transaction so I could sell to another bidder and they said yes. So I opened up a cancel transaction case. They did not canel the transaction, but instead left me negative feedback with the lowest possible scores in all four areas; item not as described, communication, shipping time, shipping and handling charges. I reported the feedback manipulation to ebay, waited 3 days and received no response. I called and spoke with an ebay representative today for 30 minutes and they informed me that a buyer can post any ratings they want no matter how untrue, even if they never paid for or received an item. However, I cannot leave negative feedback for them regardless of how innapropriate their behavior is! Where is the buyer support? I am 'Extremely dissapointed' in eBays' complete lack of action on my behalf and with their unwillingness to treat my situation fairly.

Message 2 of 72
latest reply

You should know allready about ebays Policys on 3rd day you send 1 invoice as a reminder on 4th day YOU open Unpaid item case in resolution center

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

then you wait another 4 full days and go back and close it to get YOUR fees back if you dont your giveing ebay free money .

when you open unpaid item cases that gives that Buyer a X and 2 X's WE Sellers can block them from buying

Life Is A One Time Offer,
Use It Well.
Message 3 of 72
latest reply

After the damage is already done. E-bay should do more to protect it's sellers.

1. Make sellers whole who are abused by non paying bidders.

2. Not allow non-paying bidders to leave negitive feedback.

3. Allow sellers to leave negitive feedback for non pays.

4. Suspend accounts of buyes who non-pay the same buyer twice.

5. Not make a seller wait 4 days if the same non-payer hits you twice.

6. Have people that have a clue answering our calls.

The guy that got me bought an item for $74,500 on 8/19. No communication, no payment. Then the same guy buys another item for $205,000 on august 22nd, no communication, no payment...

E-bay does not care about its sellers, period...

Message 4 of 72
latest reply

1. Make sellers whole who are abused by non paying bidders.

2. Not allow non-paying bidders to leave negitive feedback.

3. Allow sellers to leave negitive feedback for non pays.

4. Suspend accounts of buyes who non-pay the same buyer twice.

5. Not make a seller wait 4 days if the same non-payer hits you twice.

6. Have people that have a clue answering our calls.

1. UPI case gets you listing fees and final value fee back.

2. UPI case blocks buyers from leaving feedback, call Ebay to get negative feedback removed if buyer left it before UPI.

3. No, negative feedback drives away buyers.

4. Too extreme, there's already 'global' blocking for buyers who receives two or more UPI strikes.

5. Block buyer if you realise he's a non-payer, cancel his/her bids.

6. It costs too much to hire local workers.

That's Ebay in a nutshell for you.

When up against non-payers, file UPI cases ASAP, do the right thing for the wellbeing of you and other fellow sellers.
Message 5 of 72
latest reply

shelsell
Enthusiast

eBay Must Defend PayPal Monopoly Class Action Lawsuit
By Matt O'Donnell

A federal judge has refused to dismiss a class action lawsuit alleging eBay monopolized the market for payment systems used in online auctions.
The eBay antitrust class action lawsuit claims the auction site raised fees and shut out payment-system competitors after acquiring PayPal in 2002, and then forced sellers to use PayPal by making it the only viable option.  As a result, sellers had no choice but to pay fees to eBay both for listing and selling their products and for using PayPal, the class action lawsuit says. If sellers use a payment method other than PayPal, eBay removes their listing.
The class tied the monopolization claims to the continued modification of eBay’s accepted payment policy, which prohibited payments through Google Checkout in 2006, doubled PayPal Buyer Protection in 2007 (which allegedly eliminated buyer protection for non-PayPal transactions), and required sellers to accept electronic payments in 2008.
eBay moved to dismiss the claims that the alleged tying between eBay and PayPal harmed competitors, but U.S. District Judge James White denied their motion last week.
Judge White ruled that the alleged tying arrangements could have had a significant effect on commerce, and the Plaintiffs’ facts “cross the line from possible to plausible.”
Judge White also denied eBay’s motion to strike paragraphs about its acquisition of PayPal in 2002 and of VeriSign in 2005.
The class action lawsuit claims the disputed paragraphs "demonstrate the historical progression of the eBay/PayPal business empire, a necessity for later proofs."
"Although Plaintiffs do not explain what these later proofs might be, on this record, the Court cannot say that the allegations have no possible bearing on the issues in this litigation," Judge White wrote.
The eBay PayPal Monopoly Class Action Lawsuit case is Charlotte Smith, et al. v. eBay Corporation, et al., Case No. 10-cv-03825 JSW, U.S. District Court, Northern District of California.

Message 6 of 72
latest reply

shelsell
Enthusiast

& remeber to opt-out, so you don't lose even more rights ebay has stripped from us!! Here's the email copied & pasted...

"Updated provisions governing how disputes between eBay and eBay users are resolved.

The User Agreement contains an Agreement to Arbitrate, which will, with limited exception, require you and eBay to submit claims to binding and final arbitration, unless you opt-out of the Agreement to Arbitrate by November 9, 2012. Unless you opt-out: (1) you will only be permitted to pursue claims against eBay on an individual basis, not as part of any class or representative action or proceeding and (2) you will only be permitted to seek relief (including monetary, injunctive, and declaratory relief) on an individual basis.

Opt-Out Procedure

You can choose to reject this Agreement to Arbitrate ("opt-out") by mailing us a written opt-out notice ("Opt-Out Notice").  For new eBay users, the Opt-Out Notice must be postmarked no later than 30 days after the date you accept the User Agreement for the first time.   If you are already a current eBay user and previously accepted the User Agreement prior to the introduction of this Agreement to Arbitrate, the Opt-Out Notice must be postmarked no later than November 9, 2012 .  You must mail the Opt-Out Notice to eBay Inc., c/o National Registered Agents, Inc., 2778 W. Shady Bend Lane, Lehi, UT 84043.

The Opt-Out Notice must state that you do not agree to this Agreement to Arbitrate and must include your name, address, and the user ID(s) and email address(es) associated with the eBay account(s) to which the opt-out applies. You must sign the Opt-Out Notice for it to be effective. This procedure is the only way you can opt-out of the Agreement to Arbitrate. If you opt-out of the Agreement to Arbitrate, all other parts of the User Agreement and its Legal Disputes Section will continue to apply to you.  Opting out of this Agreement to Arbitrate has no effect on any previous, other, or future arbitration agreements that you may have with us."

Message 7 of 72
latest reply

halcyon-nola
Enthusiast

An eBay farewell: On ebay since 1996. Item numbers were 5 digits long. Leaving 2012 after at least 11,000 deals with a 99.8 percent positive feedback because eBay insists I pay over $300 to an obvious thief in Romania based only on his word after the minimum claim period and despite proof from US Customs that I sent the item and it was shipped to Romania. The words "community" and "eBay" are a contradiction. eBay is a parasite and the sellers are its hosts. This parasitic relationship is one that I have now chosen to cleanse myself of. I will wait for another viable auction site to emerge from eBay's inevitable greed spiral destruction and start all over again. Nice try Pierre. Too bad you walked away and eBay went from bad- Meg the billionaire Tea Party troll, to worse, the disgusting lampreys now contaminating the auction site concept with their ceaseless greed and sickening use of the "community" lie pushed by the LDS zombies at eBay's new Utah headquarters. And thanks to the LDS eBay moron named Josh who suggested I learn a few Romainan phrases and call Romanian Customs to ask for help.

Message 8 of 72
latest reply

You people are a bunch of complainers. Did you ever think that your as much of the problem as some of the buyers your lamenting amount? I read some of your feedback to buyers and apparently you're never guilty of anything, it's always the buyers fault; buyer didn't read the description, buyer didn't understand the process, buyer was not patient, buyer has a bad attitude. With such negative and holier than thou attitudes it's no wonder you have so many problems.
Message 9 of 72
latest reply

Ebay does not treat sellers fairly. They don't even enforce their own policies. Feedback extortion policy is a joke. It's not enforced at all. Buyers can threaten to leave negative feedback if you don't pay return shipping. According to the so called policy, that is feedback extortion, but when it comes right down to it, it is just a fake policy, that is their to "look good", should you ever need it, but they do not enforce it.

Message 10 of 72
latest reply

You haven’t sold enough of anything to have a clue what you are talking about. Don’t sit here with a feedback rating of 33 and try and profess how we create our own problems, especially when some abusive person does what they did to me, just for fun. Tell me what I did wrong??? And sure I have made mistakes, however I always go above and beyond to make it right for my buyer. If you ever really used e-bay as a source of income you would feel differently. Were you just board when you replied to this post?

Message 11 of 72
latest reply

I totally feel your pain. I recently sold to a person who paid then 3 weeks later (after receiving the item) chargebacked the amount. I checked her feedback and saw that she has 19 positive feedback saying that she keeps doing this! I contacted eBay who STILL has done nothing about this buyer (this was over a month ago now) - she is still buying, paying and then doing a chargeback. I had to fight like crazy to get my money back from eBay/PayPal, but in the end (after many, many phone calls and several reversals in PayPal) they grudgingly gave me my rightful money back. However, they have done NOTHING to this buyers account. UNACCEPTABLE!

eBay has become very power hungry and only cares about money. Their policies are such BS! I have been trying to find an alternative but no luck yet...

Message 12 of 72
latest reply

jwa925
Enthusiast

:^Othis is rhetorical right?:8}but i'll spill.we aren't sellers.we are paying customers w/the lousiest customer support on the planet.:-p~Jeff

Message 13 of 72
latest reply

jwa925
Enthusiast

:^O ebay has it bass-ackwards...they just aren't smart enough to realize it YET.greed never works in the end.B-)

Message 14 of 72
latest reply

NO! not in any way.

Life Is A One Time Offer,
Use It Well.
Message 15 of 72
latest reply