cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you feel e-bay treats it’s sellers fairly?

E-bay is protecting scumbag, deadbeat bidders and treating it’s sellers like dirt! I had a guy buy two items totaling $270,000, no payment, no communication. And I had to pay $41.00 to relist the two items and e-bay won’t refund that money, yep you heard it right, e-bay is stealing from its sellers. Furthermore since e-bay won’t allow its sellers to leave negative feedback, people have been leaving positive feedback, just so they can warn people about this person. So now when someone looks at their feedback number, without reading the feedback, they think everything is fine. E-bay’s strike enforcement policy is seriously flawed… This person has done this four times, and is still active. I am truly disgusted with e-bay and how I have been treated. This corporate culture is going to be their undoing. They may be the only game in town today, but keep abusing the people that pay your bills and see what happens tomorrow!!!! I feel like e-bay cares about money, much more than it's sellers, and does not care how they get paid, as long as they get paid!

I would like your thoughts on how you feel about e-bay stealing your listing fees and how we're treated when we call in to complain about anything.

Message 1 of 72
latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

Re: Do you feel e-bay treats it’s sellers fairly?

@thenatural56 wrote:

Yes.....Maybe to fair......If i were some of you sellers, I would take some Business Classes in Sales....Some of you are terrible when describing a product and most of you don't know what Maket Value is....

Sellers don't need to know the Market Value of an item, an auction determines it.

This is my buying ID. I have used it on & off for years as a posting ID.

Just a head's up. Don't want anyone getting their undies in a bunch over my doing so.
Message 46 of 72
latest reply

Noooooo Sellers are treated terribly. I have someone lying to get a refund. We must take back? What is no return policy a joke???? They might have ysed niw return like in stores!!! This is BS Ebay. Im DONE.
Message 47 of 72
latest reply

Sorry for spelling. Just so outraged. No return policy is a joke. Buyers use then return. We are always treated like **bleep** as Sellers. They buy for peanuts yet demand all....we get huge fees etc.. Im done.
Message 48 of 72
latest reply

Ebay are just a waste of time now my account was restricted from selling in jewelry and watches but found out tonight my whole account was restricted, have been a member since 2002 and feel ebay is too big now, if i purchase a item from ebay and decided its not for me then i am restricted from placing back on ebay.

On the bright side when they restricted my account for selling watches i was already a small listed seller on chrono24 and have now built up a good account with them if i sell one watch i pay 50 euros a month or if i sell 10 watches i pay 50 euro a month.As i am not paying ebay mad seller fee i can sell my watches cheaper at a fixed price, which means my turn over is better and better profit.

So thanks Ebay you lose money and **bleep** off good sellers, every dog has its day won't be long before some other kind of auction site steal your crown, then you will have to explain to your share holder how you messed it all up.

Message 49 of 72
latest reply

eBay is here for the buyer only; being a top-rate seller over the years has no apparent appreciation or meaning at all.  eBay has just helped a buyer from the former eastern block country who robbed me a camera zoom lens.  When reaching out to eBay customer service for assistance, I was treated belligerently, recalcitrantly, and condescendingly...  Very disappointing!!! Seriously pondering to QUIT eBay for good!!!

Message 50 of 72
latest reply

EBay's only concern is buyers. Not sellers whatsoever. I recently had an individual buy a 1000 item and upon receipt claimed it was too heavy. I asked him if it weighed more than the 18.3 Grams that I posted. He stayed quiet for a moment. He then told me that I misrepresented this Tiffany Clip as a tie clip when he told me it was a money clip. Literally accused me of misrepresentation. I sent him screen shot from the Tiffany Website which disproved this. No apology, nothing for his accusation. Next, he claims to have gone to the Asian Garden Mall and spoke with two jewelers that told him it was not authentic and was not 18K but 14K. At this point, I knew what kind of immoral valueless person that I was dealing with, yet once again, on eBay. I asked if the metal was assayed or how it was determined not to be 18K. No answer. I asked what the Asian Garden Mall Jeweler's expertise was in determing Tiffany authenticity, he had no answer. That same day, well after stores were closed, he claims to have gone to Tiffany and a rep told him it was not authentic, I asked for the rep's name as well as the store location and he was unable to give it to me as it was an increasing snowball of lies. He escalates the claim. I got a letter after making some demands about whom should determine authenticity as well as the gold need be assayed as opposed to acid tested which it had already passed by both myself as well as the previous jeweler owner. The response that I got from eBay was that eBay was not obligated to provide me with any documentation to support this immoral buyer's fraudulent claim and that I would need to get this from the buyer. I explained that would be like being a banker being robbed by someone with a gun and asking them to hand over the gun to you so you could check it out. Usually, in my experience, every single one of these immoral buyers returns a rock in the box and when I lose a great sum of money and when eBay is questioned their arms go in the air as if to say, oh well, it is better you lose money than us. All these ripoff types have to do is provide eBay with tracking. I now film every large ticket item being sealed and sent at the Post Office never allowing the camera to leave the package as it is handed to a clerk. I also film opening a package so if eBay every throws their arms up and says oh well, I have evidence that will show them the criminals that they decided in favor of. The saddest part is when they invoice and take your money monthly, it is automated. There is never an issue when taking a seller's money. Yet when they wrongly decide in favor of a criminal, it is almost impossible to get a fee credit back, the chase is on. There can be upwards of 10s of hours of phone calls simply to protect what is rightfully your property. Then there is the collaboration between eBay and PayPal. This is the highest conflict of interest business relationship that can possibly exist. Everything that is done and or decided is so that eBay can film a commercial with happy buyers with their money back guarantee. They should show devasted sellers that shows eBay condoning and supporting the criminal behavior of immoral buyers. It is the most frustrating business arrangement that I have ever seen in my 37 years of business. They literally pull the purse strings whenever they want. I am not even sure documentation is even read. How is it that eBay cannot provide documentation to a business owner or a business partner as they refer to themselves? Doesn't appear to be a very fair or equitable partnership. The botton line is this criminal type buyer can simply see his friend at the Asian Garden Mall and say write this on a piece of paper for me and sign it. I mandate for a metal assay and documentation from Tiffany themselves which I feel is the fair way of decision making and I am told eBay doesn't have to provide documentation in ORDER TO TAKE MY MONEY. Huh? I have also been told things are handled on a case by case basis where I retorted you mean you have no policy on these matters, you make rules up as you go along. I have used eBay for 14 years. Nearly perfect feedback and ZERO Seller Protection. That is a gaff. Seller protection should be called we always side with buyers even when they are  scam artists and convicted felons, so we can film more commercials about money back buyer guarantee, Protection. It is all about getting more people to buy and an honest seller is left alone and robbed. I have been in situations where a bad buyer opens a case that I fight and eBay accidently refunds the person MY MONEY when the HAVE MY PRODUCT. Another term for this is aiding and abetting. It is truly as shame how eBay treats sellers.

Message 51 of 72
latest reply

Ebay SUCKS! I quit today after 15 years. They just keep getting worse. They screw the seller so bad its not even funny. I'm taking my business elsewhere and I suggest you all do the same. There are other platforms out there. Let's help those other sites grow! Ebay is only good for HUGE sellers who do such a massive volume that they can absorb the loss from dishonest buyers. I'm not Walmart! I predict that ebay will eventually go under. I will never deal with them again because I am an honest person and I expect the same in return.

Message 52 of 72
latest reply

After many years a an eBay fan, stockholder and user (both vendor and buyer), I honestly believe that eBay is headed to oblivion. Treating longtime sellers like we are children, limiting the number of listing because we had a couple of minor issues (none over customers or quality) over the holidays  and using a time out. Cancelling listings that are automatically managed by our system, is just not the way to keep vendors loyal and happy. What is wrong with this company and its decision-making?

Sorry. We are grown ups and we run a business. It is not our role to beg and plead. You got it all wrong.

What am I doing about it?

1. Directed my staff to shift product listings to Amazon, Egghead and Sears.

2. Put a sell order on my stock to be executed on Monday. I don't see your company surviving after your sale of PayPal. I am keeping PayPal.

3. And no, we do not have to beg and plea.We are sellers, but we are your customers. We pay your fees. You suppose to be catering to us.

We will be out of eBay within 3 months. Enough.

Ray Lorenzo

Stingraystore.

@techco wrote:

E-bay is protecting scumbag, deadbeat bidders and treating it’s sellers like dirt! I had a guy buy two items totaling $270,000, no payment, no communication. And I had to pay $41.00 to relist the two items and e-bay won’t refund that money, yep you heard it right, e-bay is stealing from its sellers. Furthermore since e-bay won’t allow its sellers to leave negative feedback, people have been leaving positive feedback, just so they can warn people about this person. So now when someone looks at their feedback number, without reading the feedback, they think everything is fine. E-bay’s strike enforcement policy is seriously flawed… This person has done this four times, and is still active. I am truly disgusted with e-bay and how I have been treated. This corporate culture is going to be their undoing. They may be the only game in town today, but keep abusing the people that pay your bills and see what happens tomorrow!!!! I feel like e-bay cares about money, much more than it's sellers, and does not care how they get paid, as long as they get paid!

I would like your thoughts on how you feel about e-bay stealing your listing fees and how we're treated when we call in to complain about anything.

Message 53 of 72
latest reply

NO~ not any more... ebay does not treat sellers in a reasonable supportive way. 

😞    

I sold a new lego set to a buyer~ 27 days after the buyer received the item,  they placed the pieces in a zip bag and took a photo and said that a character was missing and that the set had been opened before their receipt- Ebay told me they believe/support the buyer and that I am expected to take the lego set back and to refund to the buyer item,shipping, and I am expected to pay to ship back to me.   Ebay told me that since it is the sellers word against the buyer.  They have a policy to go with the buyer.   

Now I am out nearly $50, the lego set is no longer sellable. EBAY TREATED ME AWFUL-   I have a lot to sell for the holidays, and I need to find a new place to sell items! 

Message 54 of 72
latest reply

No ebay is not treating thier sellers fairly.

I have been in the retail business for over 40 years and if nothing else I have learned a few things in those years is A. The buyer is not always right. B. If I mess up do everything to make it right. C. Some buyers are just crooks. and D. If the buyer is wrong and claims they will never return they are usually lying because they almost always do.
This said I really find it amazing that a company as large as Ebay has lost focus on who their real customer is. IT IS THE SELLLER. Not the buyer, because buyers will always come but when you have nothing or no one to sell, it makes no difference how many buyers you have. The SELLERS pay the fees that you get paid from. I have been buying and selling on ebay since 2002, and in fact since the first of the year have paid over $200.00 in selling fees, but not a dime when I buy something. Additionally since I opened this account I have had 185 reviewed sales resulting in thousands of dollars in sales which equates to hundreds of dollars in Seller Fees (only 2 negative feedback) and have never lost a dispute until now. I am not saying I will discontinue the use of Ebay, but rest assured there will be little to no selling done by me anytime in the near future, and I will be vocal in my disdain for the way in which Ebay treats its real customer THE SELLER.

Message 55 of 72
latest reply

I read your post....That really sucks.  I've been selling for a few months and I'm very nervous about how vulnerable we are to dishonest buyers.  Sorry that happened.

Mandy

Message 56 of 72
latest reply

I've sold on eBay since Feb. 2006. I'm a single mom and I teach school I NC and can use the money. I've worked super hard, shipping within 24 hrs, buying quality packing materials, communication with customer. 100% positive feedback...179 great feedback reviews. When I finally achieved Top Seller Plus, I was stoked. I paid nearly 260.00 in fees last month. In July my basement flooded and the guys working on it broke a few things. I pulled the damaged items, but missed 2 among among the hundreds. Rather ship a damaged piece of junk, I canceled 2 sells. eBay bumped me down to Below Standard. So, I'm selling nothing. I've exceeded my selling limit this month. I've submitted paperwork about the flood and I'm waiting to see what they'll do. I hope they decide I'm worthy to start giving them money again.

Message 57 of 72
latest reply

I said 2006....but meant 2016. I should learn to edit 🙂
Message 58 of 72
latest reply

No, ebay treats their sellers like **bleep**. I have been selling since 2001 and I am a top rated power seller but that means nothing to ebay. I had 100% for the last 15 years until today. I sold a new backpack to a woman who changed her mind when she got it, I guess she thought she over paid and didn’t get a good enough deal. She made a "best offer" on it that was really low, I had a bad feeling about it but I wanted to sell things to get stuff out of my house so I said yes. I also gave her free shipping which was more than I thought it would be but sometimes that is just the way it is.

As soon as the backpack was delivered she contacted me saying that it had a bad chemical smell which was a lie to try and get money refunded from me. I told her there was no chemical smell when I shipped the brand new item and that she had to pay for return shipping. Of course she didn't want to do that and opened a return case with ebay who did give her a "pre-paid return label" that was billed to me. I called ebay to complain and got nowhere, they said wait until I got it back and file an appeal if she was lying and abusing the "Buyer protection" policy.

I got it back and of course there was no smell she made the entire thing up, meanwhile I lost to and from shipping on a $22 item that I sold at a loss to her to begin with. Less than 24 hours after the buyer received the notice by tracking that the return had been delivered she leaves me negative feedback for not issuing the refund. Per ebay rules they said I had 6 business days to refund the money which I was 100% going to do. I called ebay furious about this entire transaction thinking since I am a seller in such high regard that they would immediately take down the unfair/unjust feedback that was left for me and I also thought since she lied and abused the "buyer protection" policy that they would refund me the return shipping. I thought wrong on all accounts; ebay threw me under the bus. I had 2777 all positive feedback for the last 15 years and her negative gets to stay, even though I had 6 business days to refund! This horrible buyer who should not even be allowed on ebay gets to terrorize me and leave unjust negative feedback all because she thought she overpaid. BTW, her feedback number is in the low 100s and of course it is 100% positive because sellers can only leave positive, her feedback is also set to "private". Only people with something to hide will set their feedback to "private", especially if they only buy on ebay, I bet most of her positive feedback says bad things about her ebay etiquette.

Message 59 of 72
latest reply

couldnt agree more, i did ebays job for them uncovering a con man who has used three names to my knowledge. paying for goods then telling ebay he didnt get the goods, ebay then paid him back in full out of my money. the names are mrsbinlin, mrweng, & mrbinlin all from china. this has cost me over £100 ebay say if he does it again take it up with some **bleep** usless system they have, which does nothing for me & does more to protect the con man. i know this makes me sound stupid, but i didnt realise till the third name came up sounding like the first.great business great potential for all, & baboons who run it what a pitty

Message 60 of 72
latest reply