eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Do I have to use PAYPAL? CANT I JUST ACCEPT A MO OR CHECK?

in reply to canine*carnival

Ebay likes to control your money by keeping it from you for up to 21 days with a hold it can place on your paypal funds. Thousands of sellers are upset with this, and rightly so, and there is a growing movement against this possibly/probably illegal policy. Many sellers are contacting state regulators in the states wherein they reside, many are contacting their Attorneys General, many are contacting the Federal Trade Commission about it. And many are leaving ebay and setting up shop at other online selling sites.

Please use plain text.
fredi*frogi
Community Member

Ebay requires you to use Paypal...you can take a check or money order or cash, but you can't state that in the advertisement...you have to state that you take paypal...

It's a big pain in the rear, but it's ebay's ball game...

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Please use plain text.
theatricalhead2toe
Community Member

Here is what you can use:

PayPal

ProPay

Skrill

Merchant credit card

Payment upon pickup

Please use plain text.
canine*carnival
Community Member

Do I have to use PAYPAL? CANT I JUST ACCEPT A MO OR CHECK?

Good Evening

I use Turbo lister and I want to create an auction for a high dollar item, but don't want to use Paypal because of the high fees. 

Turbo lister offers an option for checks & Money orders, but when I try to do it , it insists that I have to have my PAYPAL info in their as well or I cant go forward with the AD.

How do I get around using Paypal? Cant I accept other forms of payment? 

Thanks to all of you who take the time to reply.

Please use plain text.