cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers not leaving feedback

camille46
Enthusiast

I have about nine buyers who did not leave a feedback.  I even emailed them and politely reminded them to do so.  I take pride in how I wrap the items I ship and I am very descriptive about what I am selling.  So I do not understand if this is a regular problem.  I leave my feedback immediately for them upon receipt of their funds and my shipping.  I even tried delaying my feedback for a few to see if they responded first.  I have had not complaints from any of these buyers.  What's up??????

Message 1 of 333
latest reply
332 REPLIES 332

Since FB is voluntary, neither buyers nor sellers "have" to leave it. I know of nobody who's received equal #s of FB received/FB left..there may be some who do, but I personally don't know of any, and, if they exist - would most likely be ID's of newer users. Once you hit higher double digit and triple digit FB numbers, it's near non existent.

When we first started selling, we left FB when payment received. We received around 55-60% reciprocal FB from buyers.

When we received our one and only unjustified neg (we were around 300 FB at the time), we switched to just leaving reciprocal FB for our buyers. There was no change in the % of FB received from buyers first..around 55 - 60% of buyers left FB.

I suggest not sending "FB reminder" emails. ebay automatically sends them to buyers around day 30 if FB hasn't been left. Plus, best not to poke a sleeping snake. If you have a buyer who may not have been 100% "happy" with the transaction and decided just to skip leaving FB..your polite reminder may just inspire them to leave that neutral they decided not to leave or bump it down further to a neg for your "harrassment" TO please leave FB.

"They don't keep me here 'cause I'm GORGEOUS, they keep me here 'cause I'm SMART"...Judge Judy

Message 3 of 333
latest reply

I have been having increasing problems with people not leaving feedback.  Anyone who is not happy with their purchase is encouraged to contact me on each listing and once or twice a month I do end up sending a refund (generally with good reason).

Recently, however, I have been getting feedback from perhaps one buyer in five.  I cannot imagine that 80% of my buyers are unhappy with their purchases!  The feedback I do have is 100% positive.

There really is no incentive for a buyer to leave feedback.  Sellers are now required to jump through all manner of hoops if they want to stay in good standing with eBay, but there are no requirements for buyers.  I suggest that an incentive be provided.  Something as simple as one cent in "eBay Bucks" for leaving feedback as a buyer just might make the difference.

When I began selling on eBay, roughly three years of purchases and sales were required to get a feedback rating of 1000 and a "red star".  I have now been within 1000 ratings of a "green star" for at least four years.  During the past three, I have received a total of perhaps 350 feedback ratings, this on sales averaging 50 items per month.  Something isn't right here.

Message 4 of 333
latest reply

I will add that I leave positive feedback for EVERY buyer who pays promptly and do not "trade feedback", a practice I do not like.  I'd like to see the gesture reciprocated.

Failing that, perhaps eBay needs to stop relying so heavily on the feedback system when determining a seller's status.  It no longer provides an accurate picture of selling activity.

Message 5 of 333
latest reply

I have received FB on about 3 out of the last 15 items I have sold on eBay. It is irratating when you are trying to get your FB ratings up, but there is nothing we can do about it. eBay/PayPal twice put a hold on my finances because I was not getting enough FB on my sales. One would think that getting no FB is better than getting negative FB, but apparently not in the eyes of eBay/Paypal. Sadly there is nothing we can do about anything eBay does to us or buyers leaving no FB.

Message 6 of 333
latest reply

I have lost my Top Rated seller status for the last 2 months due to buyers not leaving feedback which lowers my stats. Then eBay gets to charge me more due to my top rating dropping?

I have called eBay and complained and even suggested they offer an incentive, all to no avail.

May be switching to Amazon 2-3% lower in fees and not all the eBay junk to deal with.

Eventually there will be a new kid on the block, then eBay will be scrambling to get new sellers instead of everything slanting to the buyers.]:)

Message 7 of 333
latest reply

If I don't have anything good to say I was taught not to say anything at all.  Ebay knows who the non-payers are and they know who won't refund, it shouldn't be up to us to act as police any longer, let eBay step up to the plate and rate sellers.

If I get a bad deal I take it to the seller first, then eBay, and it gets fixed.  So I don't even see the reason for me to be involved in feedback.  Most the stuff to rate is taken away automatically by the seller shipping one day, or not communicating, or shipping for "free" whatever that means.  So feedback is almost a joke anymore and probably should be retired.

Message 8 of 333
latest reply

Feedback is voluntary.

Asking for feedback can come back to haunt you because some buyers don't like to be hassled and will neg you.

Message 9 of 333
latest reply

To reiterate (strongly) feedback is optional and voluntary.  Some buyers NEVER leave feedback.  The low percentage of those who do is perhaps dismaying, but there is no point is worrying about it, or, worse, pursuing them for it. 

Message 10 of 333
latest reply

shos1053
Enthusiast

I've never had a problem with buyers not leaving feedback... until recently,  Three in a row now who couldn't be bothered to say all was OK.  Yes, FB is voluntary, but not acknowledging a satisfactory outcome is simply rude.

Message 11 of 333
latest reply

O prefer money, not fb from my buyers. 😉

Message 12 of 333
latest reply

Many buyers feel there is no need to go to the bother of leaving feedback for a seller.  There is no real reciprocation in the exchange.  It's no longer a level field anyway.  If a seller leaves feedback, it can't be anything but positive, so buyer feedback means absolutely NOTHING now.  And many sellers leave feedback directly after payment is received, so no incentive for a buyer to leave his seller feedback in order to receive feedback back from that seller.

And other buyers feel that they don't take the time to write a note of thanks and an assessment of their buying experience at the local stores they frequent either, so why are they being hassled about feedback here?  Frankly, for most... it's just a bother and a chore, and since it isn't required, many are just foregoing that little task.

Message 13 of 333
latest reply

I have the same problem. I'm considered a new seller and I work hard, countless hours making sure I list correctly, provide the best product I can, like you, wrapping with care, you name it. Nothing.

I've started a new tactic. At the end of every listing I am adding a feedback is important and if you liked you service please take a few minutes to leave feedback not only for myself but for all ebay sellers, note.  I'm hoping it works. 😮

Good Luck!

Message 14 of 333
latest reply

I'm dealing with the same issue. I don't understand because, as a buyer, I always leave feedback. Maybe because I know what it's like to be on the seller's end (all the hard work)

One thing that I'm trying now is on the 'message area' when creating a shipping label, I add a note saying, "I hope you enjoy your item. Please exchange positive feedback with me"

We'll see if that's effective...sigh

Message 15 of 333
latest reply