cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers not leaving feedback

camille46
Enthusiast

I have about nine buyers who did not leave a feedback.  I even emailed them and politely reminded them to do so.  I take pride in how I wrap the items I ship and I am very descriptive about what I am selling.  So I do not understand if this is a regular problem.  I leave my feedback immediately for them upon receipt of their funds and my shipping.  I even tried delaying my feedback for a few to see if they responded first.  I have had not complaints from any of these buyers.  What's up??????

Message 1 of 333
latest reply
332 REPLIES 332

Re: Buyers not leaving feedback

Yeah I agree, this seems odd! in my case also a uppposedly well-established buyer 100% positive feedback (215*) and its been a while since he recived my new never opened in box two items which I shipped with fast shipping  USPS priority and tracking, but never left a feedback!!! I left him a 5 start great + fb right after the purchase, I even sent him a reminder a few days after he received the item but came to no avail! I think seller should hold on giving free positive feedbacks until they receive so from the seller since nowadays some people don't feel they are pressured to leave a good feedback! however, this really disappointed me when it comes from a long way ebay user!! ebay need to solve this issue or we all will end up going somewhere else. This part is very fundemental and its actually the only thing that stands for ebay as a unique online retailer.  

Message 226 of 333
latest reply

I'm in the same position as the OP...but it's even a problem with sellers for me.  I've learned to just chalk it up to the fact that at least 50% of all humans are lazy/rude/inconsiderate/a$$holes....or all of the above.  These are the same people who leave shopping carts in the middle of a parking lot, rather than stow them...even when they were parked mere feet from the return area.  They're the same people who talk on their cell phones while in public places, not caring that others really don't wish to hear their conversations.  They're the same people that keep an entire righthand turn lane blocked, when they're going straight at a traffic light, rather than make sure to pull up, or over, far enough to let those who need to turn right, get by them.   And obviously, they are the same people who likely won't bother to RSVP an invite to a wedding/part/reunion , but may still show up. 

You just need to forget them, after leaving the first reminder e-mail.   If it makes you feel any better, you can always add them to your block list, so you won't ever have to deal with that particular lazy/rude/inconsiderate/a$$hole ebayer ever again.  🙂

Message 227 of 333
latest reply

I find it very annoying that people do not leave feedback , the whole ethos of ebay is to gain positive feedback for potential buyers to judge your credibility as a seller .

I have recently sold nine items and not received feedback on three of these . ( were the items not suitable ? did the buyer receive them ? ) I have also bought eleven items - paid immediately - and have not received feedback on three even though I always leave feedback . Maybe I am to honest . I have messaged a couple of these offenders but with no response gave up on the others .

It really is about time ebay to hold of this problem and created a tool for people to report - or remind - people of their not leaving feedback .

Come on ebay - sort it out !

Message 228 of 333
latest reply

I use to worry unduly about the lack of feedback. I mean, given our past 12 months sale history, our feedback score should well have exceeded 1,500 plus by now. However, in retrospect, I'd say that repeat business is worth far more and says far more about you as a seller than any feedback can; even though it isn't available publicly for potential buyers to see. Like you, we have built up a decent customer base and we are experiencing significant increases in repeat trade due to best practice and ultimately customer satisfaction.

Long may it continue.

Meanwhile, a huge thank you to all our loyal customers.
Message 229 of 333
latest reply

I agree as if there is no problems it is easy to lease feedback for the seller only click 4 most thime only 3 places then leave even just a Thank you

but instaed they want us to leave feed back for them and not the other way around

I did both 1 saying in listing will leave feedback when i recieve feedback  that don't work  tried not leaving it until I get some  or leaving feedback but don't get it when i do.

out of 12  i got no feedback on 6  so half and half

and when i ship i always try to ship the same day in 4 day deilevery and always give them the tracking number maybe will just by pass it.

when I buy I always leave feedback but even then the seller don't leave feedback

So I guess there is no real answer to it  buyers will be buyers and seller will be seller thats my 2 cents

Message 230 of 333
latest reply

I assume the buyers who do not leave feedback are sellers with multiple accounts. They don't want your feedback numbers to go up. I call them stingy **bleep**s. They get good yet they r moroons with no integrity.
Message 231 of 333
latest reply

Here is what I have started doing. Once the package is delivered I look at the buyer's feedback history. If they have like 200 feedbacks received and 10 left like many of my buyers I do not leave them a feedback. If they have 200 feedbacks left but none in over a year and have received dozens of feedbacks in the past few months themselves, I don't leave them one. If they have a pretty even ratio or more feedback left than received, then I leave them positive feedback. If they are a new buyer I will also leave them feedback (benefit of the doubt and all) Since I started doing this I am getting about 95% return on feedback left where as before it was around 40%. Saves me time since I only type out half the feedbacks I did before. This is so simple why didn't I do this before. It does no good to have two honest people in a standoff about who should leave feedback first because we have been both burned in the past. If your feedback history looks good you get one from me. This is so simple why haven't I been doing this the whole time?

Message 232 of 333
latest reply

I agree I am extremey honest have never sold faulty items and I am just amazed at how many people do not leave feedback I leave theirs as soon as I receive a payment I will no longer be doing that ! I am so sick of it and I communicate continually till the item is delivered and still nothing 

Message 233 of 333
latest reply

I don't get this 'trading feedback' or 'playing the feedback game' as one person here put it, regarding sellers waiting for feedback on their sales before giving it to buyers. If someone 'wins' my item, why should I feel grateful that the individual has actually paid for it and then leave positive feedback? I am a new seller here (6 items sold at time of writing) and like a mug have left positive feedback as soon as their money hits my paypal account, but have I recieved any feedback after accurately describing the items, communicating politely and efficiently and posting them promptly well wrapped and boxed? No. A big fat ZERO. It seems buyers don't have to do much to earn a good feedback score except pay for what they actually want. Absurd. If they pay promptly AND take the trouble to give feedback then they earn theirs it as simple as that and that's the way I play it from now on.

Message 234 of 333
latest reply

You may login to ebay everyday because you are a seller and you want to check how is going but it does not meant hat all the buyers login everyday.

Your sales are recent. So you may get your feedback after a month or even more. Just be calm.  

Message 235 of 333
latest reply

We have found that it's about 1 in 10 buyers that leave feedback.

I think that eBay sholuld, after 90 days, automatically give you positive feedback points for buyers who leave none.

Message 236 of 333
latest reply

Ebay should just implement a system where the buyer's feedback & purchases don't appear on the profile if the seller hasn't received a feedback and vice versa. Ebay will still display the "feedback left for seller/buyer" icons on our summary page but show a warning that the feedback won't be applied to your profile until both parties have done so. Hence giving both parties an incentive to "fully complete" the whole transaction, feedback and all. That or as someone just mentioned, have an automated postive feedback system for sellers that receive no complaints within 30 days of the item being sold.  

Message 237 of 333
latest reply

Quite agree. I have used Ebay in the past to sell a few items and was amazed then that some people would not leave feedback, even though you know yourself that the items were perfect (wouldn't have sold them otherwise!) I decided then that I would withold feedback for the buyer until I had received their feedback. This time around I forgot I had made that decision and left feedback for 2 items recently sold. I requested feedback from both buyers as it wasn't forthcoming, got feedback from one, but not the other. I had offered that item as collection only as it was so heavy, but she wanted it posted - so I went out of my way to find the best deal for her and still no feedback! Why are some people so downright rude? And how do they get to 100s of feedback themselves?? By people giving it..... I think Ebay should only post the feedback when it has been received from both sides, and how about a reminder to each party to complete the deal by leaving feedback? I'd like to withdraw the feedback I gave, but can't find how to.

Message 238 of 333
latest reply

My stance now is to definately only leave feedback for buyers when they have had the courtesy to let me know if they are satisfied (or not) with the service that I have provided rather than leave me in 'no mans land'. Also, by them withholding feedback, Paypal hold on to my money a lot longer than it would otherwise. Maybe this will change if I build up a sales record, but I am not sure really. I respect the point that geotouloupos makes in regards to users only checking into ebay once a month and he/she is a very fair person to see it this way, but when I am checking my buyers own feedback comments, I see rows and rows of lovely complements from hundreds or thousands of sellers appluading them for clicking on a pay button. Most of these people (that buy from me) are regular users of the site and indeed some appear to be 'ebayaholics' so they are there in front of their screens hunting for stuff on a day to day basis casually ignoring the 'leave feedback' reminder. So there you have it folks. If you are a responsible seller and I assume that you are if reading this thread, you have done your bit and kept your side of the bargin by behaving well. Do you not DESERVE a thumbs up from your buyer before you recognise their simple 'want'. YES. They can simply type 'good' or 'thanks' into a notepad file and copy and paste into the feedback comments box within seconds if they're that lazy.

Message 239 of 333
latest reply

I don't think buyers are very motivated to leave feedback anymore. They no longer need feedback from sellers to present themselves as honest buyers, Leaving feedback is just a time consuming thing they probably don't bother with most of the time anymore because there is nothing in it for them. Let's face it, people genuinely are busy. Asking them to leave feedback is asking them for their valuable time and they get nothing in return. They have already given ebay and the seller their business, I think it is a lot to ask when they no longer get stars and ratings for being a stellar customer. 

Feedback on ebay seems obsolete now with the changes ebay has made. I don't pay much attention to feedback anymore when purchasing items. People are far more motivated to take the time to write something if they are upset than they are when they are satisfied. A sellers feedback score no longer represents the number of positive sales they have completed, and because of this, negative feedback has a far greater impact than it should. The days of feedback being a useful tool in deciding who to purchase from for the best value and best service are long gone.

I liken it to the trucks driving around on the road with those "How am I driving?" bumber stickers with a 1-800 number. How many people do you think call and say, "Hey this person was driving great today?"  The whole process seems rather demeaning to me now and very ineffective at best. 

Message 240 of 333
latest reply