cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers not leaving feedback

camille46
Enthusiast

I have about nine buyers who did not leave a feedback.  I even emailed them and politely reminded them to do so.  I take pride in how I wrap the items I ship and I am very descriptive about what I am selling.  So I do not understand if this is a regular problem.  I leave my feedback immediately for them upon receipt of their funds and my shipping.  I even tried delaying my feedback for a few to see if they responded first.  I have had not complaints from any of these buyers.  What's up??????

Message 1 of 333
latest reply
332 REPLIES 332

Re: Buyers not leaving feedback

@camille46 wrote:

I have about nine buyers who did not leave a feedback.  I even emailed them and politely reminded them to do so.  I take pride in how I wrap the items I ship and I am very descriptive about what I am selling.  So I do not understand if this is a regular problem.  I leave my feedback immediately for them upon receipt of their funds and my shipping.  I even tried delaying my feedback for a few to see if they responded first.  I have had not complaints from any of these buyers.  What's up??????

People are lazy and self centered and short sighted and just don't give a **bleep** about anyone but themselves. Welcome to earth.

Message 211 of 333
latest reply

@fox_mustang_parts wrote:

I have lost my Top Rated seller status for the last 2 months due to buyers not leaving feedback which lowers my stats. Then eBay gets to charge me more due to my top rating dropping?

I have called eBay and complained and even suggested they offer an incentive, all to no avail.

May be switching to Amazon 2-3% lower in fees and not all the eBay junk to deal with.

Eventually there will be a new kid on the block, then eBay will be scrambling to get new sellers instead of everything slanting to the buyers.]:)

If you think Amazon has lower fees you haven't sold on Amazon. I do both. Even before I was a top rated seller the Amazon fees were easily twice as much. Now it's no contest. My Amazon prices must be 15-25% higher to make the same profit margins. The ONLY thing Amazon has over ebay is the ease of creating your listings and inventory and printing shipping labels. Literally ever other aspect is subpar to ebay.

THey have much worse seller support. Exactly 0% of them speak English. You think ebay only sides with the buyer? Go to Amazon and see how many times the buyer gets a refund and gets to keep the item even if you did everything right. Complain about that too much? You will get banned. And they will keep your money and inventory if you use FBA.

Or we can talk about no matter how long you have been at amazon and no matter how many thousands of sales you have, you will still have to always wait at least 3 weeks to actually get the money for your sale. Only way around that? Buy a premium account. Think of that like an ebay store except that it is way more expensive and provides you no other benifits than a regular account as far as product visibility.

Message 212 of 333
latest reply

I am new to ebay and very frustrated with the lack of feedback!  I've sold 16 items in less than a month and only 2 of the people left feedback.  How is ebay supposed to keep sellers if buyers aren't leaving feedback?  I know some buyers are satisfied because they have come back and bought additional items.  Ok, if I'm good enough to buy from again, leave feedback!!   I have left feedback for every buyer.

Message 213 of 333
latest reply

I feel your pain.  I started selling items about three months agoand am very frustrated with the lack of feedback.  I have been on ebay as a buyer for over twelve years, and have left feedback for every single one of my purchases.  It is only common courtesy!

Message 214 of 333
latest reply

I see a lot of sellers with the same problem "buyers aren't leaving feedback" and "people are leaving less feedback" and, as a high-volume buyer and sometimes seller I can tell you THE FAULT IS WITH YOU - THE SELLER.

There seems to be a growing notion that a buyer is supposed to leave feedback first these days, based on the false justification that its the buyers role to receive the goods and be satisfied with them - WRONG, THATS THE SELLERS JOB. The buyer's job is mainly to pay quickly. It's reasonable to wait for the transaction to complete as there may be a bit of communication required from both sides; typical in a local pickup transaction. The goods only need to be "as described" and the buyer should be satisfied, after all they are buying online from a description you provide, so their satisfaction is not something that's supposed to happen after they receive the goods.

But this need to withold feedback until the buyer is satisfied is really just an excuse to hold the buyer's feedback to ransom until they provide feedback to you - and the reason buyers aren't giving you feedback is because they RIGHTLY believe they have paid you and you should give them feedback first. Resonable buyers will do it for most cases where you give them feedback; lets discount the crackpots who want to be unreasonable as they aren't normal.

My own rules for feedback as a buyer; which I consider an important part of eBay even if eBay themselves are now downplaying it as an optional extra:

1) If a seller has not left feedback they will be ignored; I refuse to be pressured into giving positive feedback

2) If a seller has done a fairly bad job, they will be ignored - no feedback rather than bad feedback

3) If a seller has been a very low standard but is not malicious - really low quality and/or failed to fix things after a few attempts - they might get neutral feedback

4) If a seller tells lies about their product (deliberate) and avoids supporting something they've claimed in the description, and stuff me around for many message iterations they might get negative, which I would withdraw if they then get their act together. You have to push pretty hard to get negative feedback

But bear in mind the purpose of feedback is to give an honest appraisal - not just to help your selling stats and save you $. It doesn't really have a point if people can't leave negative feedback, though as I say above you should be doing something pretty wrong to get negative.

So stop all your bleating and start being more generous with feedback yourselves before complaining about how little people are doing for you..

Message 215 of 333
latest reply

Oh, and yes, people are lazy and self centred and don't give a **bleep** as sheaf said - that's on the rise thanks to our determination to over-parent these days. But what can you do? Slap their parents?
Message 216 of 333
latest reply

Iam also kind of new in ebay as seller but i have experience in other similar sites.

What i have notice is that buyers who do not leave feedbak can be seperated in dofferent categories:

1. buyers who they just do not care. they want just a cheap item to do their job or just to have it. Whatever you do you will not get any feedback.

2. buyers who they do not know how to leave feedback. If you see a buyer with 1-2 fedeback probably is a new user. Maybe you can explain to them how to do this but do not try to do this to long time members:).

3. buyers who need to test item first. this is very true if you sell cell phones or electronics parts like i do sometimes. Just wait for them. Give them time and stop sending useless e-mails begging for fb.

4. Other seller who buy from you to resell. Espesially if you sell similar items. I personally disagree with this tactic but yes some resellers are buyers also and they do not want someone to see that they bought item cheaper from same market.

So what a seller has to do is to feel ok with his/her self about his part in transaction and be patient.

Message 217 of 333
latest reply

I feel the same way you do, however I only purchase on ebay, I always left good feedback immediatly for the seller(should be them 1st) as I was a purfect buyer paid instantly, yet sellers don't even have the decencey to return feedback , so now I never leave feedback regardless.

one thing for sure if a seller doesn't leave me feedback, I will never buy from them again.

I do know sellers can be busy & over look the feedback system, but when they request feedback from me I respond with the following email-

Hi

I always leave feedback for those sellers that leave it for me, in the past I left feedback 1st(only never to have it returned)the fact that I paid instantly never seemed to make  a difference, I thought that I was being a perfect seller “but sadly not”, I am aware they could have been far too busy to check.

But you clearly have checked & are aware that you’ve not left me feedback, I’ll certainly return it for you should you leave it for me.

Ps you would have to deliberately not leave it for me now, “but should you decide not to” your choice, my choice will be to leave you negative feedback & add you to my list of sellers never to buy from..

Message 218 of 333
latest reply

Today is the day I learned that my feeedback can be used against me in a case.

Today is the last day I ever leave feedback on eBay for sellers again. 

Message 219 of 333
latest reply

Funny thing is I sometimes do not leave feedback for various reasons. SOmetimes there is an issue but the seller did just barely meet what I wanted done to rectify it as much as possible. So what do I leave? Positive? No in this certian case the shipping/packageing was so neglagent that I could not give a positive review. SO then negative? Well no they did do a pertial refund for the damage so I would hate to still nail them to the wall. Nuertral... well I am iffy on this as some poeple think they are as bad as a Negative. Also if Nuetral what comment woudl I leave... if I say what happened then it still seems very negative.

In these hard to decide cases I chose to not saying anything. Only sever cases when the seller is a comeplte jerk or is unreasonable will I leave negative feedback (I thnk I have only left like 1 or 2 in my many years buying here).

I will say this... eBay needs a packing star rating for sellers. Recently I bought a $200 collectabile and the seller tossed it in a box that was oversized for the item with nothing inside of the box to keep the heavy paper/cardboard collectible from bangin back anf forth. Needless to the say the corners of the collectible were damaged badly. I should be able to warn about a seller with a  history of poor packaging without nesscaruily having to give them a negative or a nuetral to do so.

Anyways my 2 cents.

Message 220 of 333
latest reply

I would love to leave feedback on all of my purchases, and I'm working on it, but it takes so many clicks! I've purchased approximately 97 items over the last month, many from the same sellers, but I have to leave feedback on each individual item. That's click for positive, ctl-v the feedback text, click the stars (I've started skipping these now), and then move on to the next one. I would love to leave feedback en masse, but that doesn't seem to be an option for buyers.

Message 221 of 333
latest reply

How so? I also was going to go this route with another seller who constantly complained of heavy cigarette smell on everyone's items. He demanded a refund back to me. He said it was so heavy he can't believe I didn't list it. Mind the item comes from a smoke free home(forgot to list, thought not an issue) and I also have another Ebayer in the house who has had no complaints at all with their items. He says he is very sensitive to this smell but one seller gave him a neutral feedback complaining the item smelled heavily of cologne. How could he have not noticed that? He even went as far as to leave a replied feeback saying sorry to  this feedback that was 3 months old! Ebay timestamps everything. Not smart. Threatening to use all this evidence against him and been on the phone with Ebay before the refund date was due. They said they would investigate his feedback. I finally gave in at the last couple hours and issued a refund like an idiot but my plan is hopefully he won't handle it correctly. The guy is a real troublesome buyer and and gave me a really bad experiance for my first time back on Ebay in years. Enough to stop wanting to sell as soon as I can. There is no protection for sellers period. I am sure I'll end up getting screwed more. I decided I want my item back now more than selling it to someone like that. I'll probably be out $20 in fees for return shipping, final values fees, etc. I am going to fight a couple of those fees though to where my invoice is reasonable. Pay it off and kiss this site goodbye!

Message 222 of 333
latest reply

Really never thought about number 4. Feel this is how I got screwed in a return. Guy was a re seller and I know he overpaid too much for him to resell. I mean it was still cheaper than the other ones online but he had to make up some bogus **bleep** to get a refund. Always try to talk to a couple buyers who you think are going to win the auction to get a feel on them before you let them win. Review their feedback. If you see trouble cancel the bid and deal with Ebay after. Not worth a troubled buyer winning.
Message 223 of 333
latest reply

Same, I've been a successfull amazon seller for years, I've finally decided to sell on eBay. I sell odd's and end's and have sold a few things, however no one leaves feedback which is frustrating! I describe my items down to the last scratch if any, provide detailed images and package genorously.

I have not received a single complaint, well 1 on a digital item sold. Which I have a feeling was a con, since the buyer added a note to leave him feedback right after payment (which I did) then I sent him the code for the digital download and he claimed an issue with redemption which just couldn't of been possible.

Whatever the case, I didn't argue, I just issued a refund and blocked him. 

Non the less, I think leaving feedback is very important. It speaks volumes on your ability to  sell or buy.

I have always left feedback for my purchases, it's common courtesy. In fact, starting as a new eBay seller I've priced my merchandise far below

retail value to keep my new customers (hopefully return customers) happy. 

Also I've offered most free shipping and opted for the expidited shipping and insured even on the lowest cost items.

I think I deserve some credit.

Anyway these are my thoughts. 

Hopefully I start receiving positive feedback soon because I do believe I deserve it. 

Message 224 of 333
latest reply

This is not the case, rich_lamb.  I have sold 7 items this past month, all were shipped same or next day (free shipping) and all were very accurately described with pictures.  I left positive feedback for every buyer when I shipped the items.  The items were all packed very well.  There have been no complaints.  I have received NO feedback from these buyers.  This is insane.  These are not new buyers (15 - 208 feedback score) and it's very frustrating.  These are not "unreasonable crackpots," but ordinary users.  Something has changed where they are either not being reminded or they don't feel it's important because it didn't used to be this way.

Message 225 of 333
latest reply