cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers not leaving feedback

camille46
Enthusiast

I have about nine buyers who did not leave a feedback.  I even emailed them and politely reminded them to do so.  I take pride in how I wrap the items I ship and I am very descriptive about what I am selling.  So I do not understand if this is a regular problem.  I leave my feedback immediately for them upon receipt of their funds and my shipping.  I even tried delaying my feedback for a few to see if they responded first.  I have had not complaints from any of these buyers.  What's up??????

Message 1 of 333
latest reply
332 REPLIES 332

Re: Buyers not leaving feedback

I agree with Camille46.  If a buyer does not report a problem within  certain amount of time, let's say 30-60 days, most likely they are happy with their purchase.  If they do not leave feedback after that timeframe then eBay should have a system in place to automatically leave a positive mark for the seller and the same should be true for leaving buyer feedback.  

I have a 140 ranking but I should be at around 175 at least.  Just the last 3 months, I have had 8 transactions with no feedback, especially after I left buyer feedback.

@batariakias-gr wrote:

I think we should all contact ebay and ask them to add a simple rule.

No feedback = Positive feedback after a certain period of time.

Message 196 of 333
latest reply

eBay just don't care...try do not pay the fee ,if you are a seller and you will see... it's all about the money , nothing else ! good luck
Message 197 of 333
latest reply

i'm not a heavy seller, but in last 2 months i have minus 15 feedback, should be 80 rank at least.
Message 198 of 333
latest reply

I always pay immediately upon winning an auction , give feedback religiously as a buyer and seller yet receive nothing in return increasingly often. I have a 281 score which should be well in excess of 300 had I had good service shown some courtesy! It is very frustrating and I agree an auto feedback system should be in place for trouble free transactions.
Message 199 of 333
latest reply

It's a real shame because I have noticed in the last 16 months that feedbacks are less and less.  In fact, it only shows we have 3 transactions for the month when we have far more than that.  This is part of human interaction that is failing society.  Thus the reason why you see more and more push from selling platforms to be robotic in nature.  

Every last sale we get.  We are very personal from start to finish.  Every email is personally drafted (not scripted).  Many times spending at least 3 extra hours per day of our personal off time surprising every buyer with special treatment, surprises, etc.  The ONLY thing we ever wish for in return is a thoughtful feedback.  You can't even get that anymore.  

I realize that too many think this might be trivial.  Yet it is not.  It is the lack of vision when it comes to a much larger picture.  When society becomes more and more detatched from personal interaction.  It effects the overall health of this country.  It's ALL connected and what a shame that more and more people are

uneducated to this fact.  

Take care all.  This is just my opinion and does not mean that my heart is = to right.

MADPROAUDIO ~ DISABLED VETERAN ~ FAMILY OWNED COMPANY 

Message 200 of 333
latest reply

Wow, that is just awful that someone was even able to get away with leaving you a negative feedback for that reason.  Sorry to hear hat.  

Message 201 of 333
latest reply

I've noticed as well I have been getting less and less feedback.  In the past 60 days I have sold 16 items, and only received 4 positive feedback. 

Message 202 of 333
latest reply

I alo have noticed a drop in the past few months. I even send out one polite reminder saying I left positive feedback and thanking them again for the purchase/sale. Really is getting annoying lately. 

Message 203 of 333
latest reply

very intersting mate and you're spot on. It's not looking good and people need to wake up and see whre they are being purposefully led before it's too late

Message 204 of 333
latest reply

As a buyer, I always leave feedback for sellers once the order arrives. Except for one set of circumstances.

For one of my hobbies (a card game called Magic: The Gathering), I often need to buy large numbers of single cards from sellers. For my order when I buy say 15 cards, the seller only has to rate me once. As the buyer, I'm expected to go through each and every one of these mostly 15-50 cent cards and rate every single one in the order individually. 

Not doing that. Ever. I'll rate the first one and that's it. If seller's only have to rate me as a buyer once per order, I should only have to rate them once as a seller per order. Either that or sellers should have to rate me on a per item purchased basis as well. One way or the other, but not one way for sellers and another for buyers.

Message 205 of 333
latest reply

I agree entirely. I have purchased about 250 items and sold about 60, and I've just about had to beg for half the reviews on the ones I've sold (all 5 stars). All personal notes, all extremely well packed, refunds when I've overestimated shipping costs. Just amazing that people can't spend 90 seconds saying, "thank you" for the transaction.

Message 206 of 333
latest reply

I wish I could agree, but I don't. More than 3/4 of my 400 transactions with ebay have been as a buyer, and I'm still amazed when the seller gives me a positive review just because I paid right away (which I always do). I think it's understandable that both sides wait until the transaction is complete, namely that the buyer has received the item and said, "I got it (quickly, slowly, broken, in perfect shape, whatever)" and the seller writes "glad to hear it; thanks for being such a great buyer". Now that I'm a seller, too, my position hasn't changed one iota. In fact, I probably feel even stronger. I'm not posting my review until I know the buyer is sane and isn't going to post some absurd complaint about the transaction. And just to be clear, I have a 100% rating on both ends of the aisle.

@eaglesky5 wrote:

This topic about 'Buyers not leaving Feedback" - I have to jump in here. Most of my 100% Feedback is from buying. As soon as I win an auction - I pay!  That in itself deserves a Positive Feedback from the seller. There was a - time many moons ago - that when you paid fast you got a Positive. Now, it's getting to be about 50/50. One half will leave a Positive as soon as you pay, the other half you have to wait until you get the item - contact the seller - request a Positive Feedback. And, even then, about half of that crowd will not respond, or they reply with some smart a-- gripe about having to leave one. I've struggled for over 1 1/2 decades to get sellers to leave me a Positive. Just recently, I have finally given up. If they do not want to give me a Positive for being a prompt buyer - then they do not get a Positive from me. I'm tired of fighting them for it. I think 16 years of putting up with these type of sellers is enough.

Message 207 of 333
latest reply

Being a low level seller its really hurting me since I'm trying to get a larger feedback score since as of the time of writing I have a total of 9 feedback as a seller which is as you can guess a very small amount. Now as far as my early sells a couple years back I got feedback on nearly all my sales which was nice.

I recently have gone through my old games and started selling them off and I"m finding now that nobody is leaving feedback. Now I'll admit I'm not reminding them to because I don't really want to have to beg for feedback but as of my last 10 sales I've received 0 feedback.

It sucks too because I take time to not only make sure the games are properly protected for shipping but I even try to go out of the way to make my packages look very clean and precise so it looks professionally packaged rather than just throwing them in a box and calling it day.

On the brightside at least I've yet to run into any scammers and no negative feedback has come my way.

Message 208 of 333
latest reply

I'm sorry, sellers don't leave feed back either! I also have eMailed with a gentle reminder. "Nice to receive Great Feedback but also nice to give feedback....just a gentle reminder." Nope, does not do the trick. I just don't buy from them any more. I try to leave feedback as soon as I receive the item. I figure that is the only way a seller knows I DID receive it. As to Bad feedback or neutral feedback, I have only left that twice in all the years I have been on eBay. I told one seller that I would rather not leave any feedback than hurt her numbers. I told her I wasn't returning the item because it really wasn't worth the postage to return it. She understood and appreciated what I was saying.

Message 209 of 333
latest reply

I too am having problems getting customers to leave feedback(hopefully positive) I just started selling after a long hiatus due to health, family problems, death and a bunch of other things out of my control. However, I have started back selling and I ALWAYS leave positive feedback once payment is received - thank them and so on. I ALSO leave feeback whenever I purchase something, all positive, even if there was a problem initially, I wait and see if they resolved it(luckily for me, so far they always have)..

If I as a frequent buyer can do that, I don't see why my buyers can't.. it takes a few seconds. I used to send(way back when I did this the first time) nice little reminders, but have not done this for this go - round so far. Does that help? I take extra care in getting shipments out day of or day after, depending on when the listing ends due to a purchase. I also wrap my clothing items in nice tissue paper, and for the ones that are cat or dog themed items, I put a nice little cat sticker on the tissue paper at the closure.i  used to get tons of compliments from buyers years ago, today, not so much.. any ideas?

Thanks a lot,

Message 210 of 333
latest reply