cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers not leaving feedback

camille46
Enthusiast

I have about nine buyers who did not leave a feedback.  I even emailed them and politely reminded them to do so.  I take pride in how I wrap the items I ship and I am very descriptive about what I am selling.  So I do not understand if this is a regular problem.  I leave my feedback immediately for them upon receipt of their funds and my shipping.  I even tried delaying my feedback for a few to see if they responded first.  I have had not complaints from any of these buyers.  What's up??????

Message 1 of 333
latest reply
332 REPLIES 332

Re: Buyers not leaving feedback

No news is good news, right? I totally agree with the idea of automatic positive feedback if no negative feedback within the buyer protection period. GREAT idea.
Message 166 of 333
latest reply

IF Feedback = "nul" > 60 days, THEN Feedback = Positive

Message 167 of 333
latest reply

I'm through with eBay after this last item I'm selling. My money is tied up because the buyers cant leave feedback as it is helpful to me on getting my money sooner. I've done everything eBay has recommend to get my money sooner. But noooooooooo, buyers take there sweet time giving feedback or none at all. This is BS eBay. You take 10% of my money on every transaction plus PayPal automatically take there share right away from my balance. How is that and I have to wait.
Message 168 of 333
latest reply

I sold a very clean almost perfect item for 50% of what it's worth got it to the buyer the next day and didn't have too. And the buyer hasn't left feedback I lost my butt on that sale. Why should I leave positive feedback for people who pay within 24 knowing I'm jumping through hoops for them for nothing in return? When I buy and I buy a lot I always leave feedback and I'm usually satisfied so it's usually positive. Where's the justice?
Message 169 of 333
latest reply

Add to earlier entry
I'm new to eBay just over a year now and I collect baseball memorabilia, I sell things I feel are worthy of selling like iPhones iPods stereos truck parts. And what I sell is near perfect or perfect. And it's about 8 out of 10 that don't leave any feedback. I guess I hadn't cleared up the whole picture on my first entry. But I've read a lot of the entries on this thread and I've decided not to leave feedback unless it's left first .
Message 170 of 333
latest reply

Yea - I used to receive feedback, but only about 10% of my last 15 transactions have I received any.  How do people know if I'm a good seller if the policing is no longer there?  I guess I'll stop leaving warranted good feedback also.

@earpderp wrote:
Add to earlier entry
I'm new to eBay just over a year now and I collect baseball memorabilia, I sell things I feel are worthy of selling like iPhones iPods stereos truck parts. And what I sell is near perfect or perfect. And it's about 8 out of 10 that don't leave any feedback. I guess I hadn't cleared up the whole picture on my first entry. But I've read a lot of the entries on this thread and I've decided not to leave feedback unless it's left first .

Message 171 of 333
latest reply

I am a seller and a buyer. I sell way more than I buy. I leave feedback for the buyer as soon as I ship the item. Their obligation to me ends apon me receiving payment. They have no other obligation to me or ebay. I do however think it is wrong on their part not to be responcible and leave me feedback but I can not force the issue so I just (try) not to let it bother me. BUT I WILL ALWAYS leave feedback to the buyer FIRST. Never leave feedback to a seller that does not leave me feedback first. Just my 2 cents!

Message 172 of 333
latest reply

Hmmm...well I too am am both a buyer (94%) and a seller (6%) and I rarely leave feedback as buyer.  The way I figure it is that I don't go out of my way to rate an online transaction anymore than I would rate a transaction at my local Walmart.  Reviewing product is different, that is far more useful information than knowing someone had a trouble free online transaction.   

On the other hand, in the rare instance when anitem greatly exceeds expectations or the Seller goes above and beyond service expectations, then I'll leave feedback as it warrants my time to reward outstanding performance.   I'm fairly certain that  people who go out of their way to excceed expecations do so for this very reason -- to be praised.  I should know, I'm that sort of person/Seller.  

When I say I go out of my way to exceed customer expectations, you have no idea -- it's very over the top -- and I blow my customers away every time. You would be blown away. Anyone would, even I would be.   I get tremendous satisfaction doing this but despite my extraordinary effort and additional cost, I average about 25% feedback.  

Then there's that Karma thing....

Message 173 of 333
latest reply

Over my years of selling. I have over 500 buyers who have not left feedback. I contact them and ask them to leave feedback. However, most of the time it doesn't happen. Unfortunately, feedback is a very strong selling point so not receiving it is a big deal. What sellers need to do is stand up and be heard.

You can call ebay and request that they make a policy for sellers to receive default positive feedback after 30 days.

If enough members call and request this they will have no choice but to enact the policy. eBay generally doesn't listen to suggestions on message boards. However, when they are called in they are reported and documented.

Go to "help and Contact"

Type "I haven't received feedback"

Then select the "Contact eBay" tab

http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusc?from_ocs=1&segmentId=19999&query=feedback&contextid=ba15c8a0-b346-4...

Message 174 of 333
latest reply

Over my years of selling. I have over 500 buyers who have not left feedback. I contact them and ask them to leave feedback. However, most of the time it doesn't happen. Unfortunately, feedback is a very strong selling point so not receiving it is a big deal. What sellers need to do is stand up and be heard.

You can call ebay and request that they make a policy for sellers to receive default positive feedback after 30 days.

If enough members call and request this they will have no choice but to enact the policy. eBay generally doesn't listen to suggestions on message boards. However, when they are called in they are reported and documented.

Go to "help and Contact"

Type "I haven't received feedback"

Then select the "Contact eBay" tab

http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusc?from_ocs=1&segmentId=19999&query=feedback&contextid=ba15c8a0-b346-4...

Message 175 of 333
latest reply

The trouble with that is that eBay is a feedback system. Sellers receive ranking in search results for having good feedback. Therefore, sellers need buyers to leave positive marks. Even if they don't say anything the numbers are what really matter in the eBay algorithms.

After all, if you received a bad item you would be more apt to leave bad feedback. For some reason, when something goes wrong humans can't wait to tell everyone about it. But when something is good or they receive a good item, they don't spread the word.

The average person will tell 10 people about a bad customer service experience and will only tell 1 or 2 people about a positive customer service experience.

Check out my store!

Ping-Pong6

Message 176 of 333
latest reply

I just have to reply to tigermaus.  Look, the reason sellers don't leave you feedback as soon as you pay is because they don't know if you are going to open a case against them in the allotted case opening time.  The transaction isn't done until the BUYER says it is.  Why would a seller leave positive feedback when you can come back and bite him in the **bleep**?

Joel

Message 177 of 333
latest reply

Hello! This is interesting to hear. I've recently sold at least 13 items, where i went out of my way to ship them the day I received payment, and only two people have left my feedback. I hustle and deliver excellent service so I can get the ratings, and nobody reciprocates. I only have 59 positive stars... I have sold way more than that. It's a drag becuase it may hurt whether or not poeple buy from me. What's the point if you ship asap and people don't care, or actually expect it? It's stressful on the buyer end, finding packing material, printing out the labels, getting to the post office in time. It's a lot of work! It would be nice to have a two way street. 

Message 178 of 333
latest reply

The feedback system on ebay is essential to people buying and selling items there. The way you look at it is ridiculous. If you get your item in a timely manner and it is exactly as it was described, then it is common courtesy to leave positive feedback! What do you mean by go above and beyond and then you will leave positive feedback??? That doesnt even make sence.

Message 179 of 333
latest reply

Being a new seller, its certainly frustrating. All of my transactions have went smoothly, super fast shipping, etc..Only one buyer has left me feedback in 2 months! 
can guarantee first time theres a problem they'll be leaving feedback with the quickness

Message 180 of 333
latest reply