cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers not leaving feedback

camille46
Enthusiast

I have about nine buyers who did not leave a feedback.  I even emailed them and politely reminded them to do so.  I take pride in how I wrap the items I ship and I am very descriptive about what I am selling.  So I do not understand if this is a regular problem.  I leave my feedback immediately for them upon receipt of their funds and my shipping.  I even tried delaying my feedback for a few to see if they responded first.  I have had not complaints from any of these buyers.  What's up??????

Message 1 of 333
latest reply
332 REPLIES 332

Re: Buyers not leaving feedback

I had a similar problem a few years ago. Customer bought an item that I knew worked fine and then returned it to me. The serial numbers didn't match up with what I had recorded and shown in the pictures. He filed a case on me for "item not as described and defective". eBay does do its best to resolve issues if you cover all your bases. Lets just say he did not get his refund after I proved he swapped his defective item for mine. As a policy I do not offer refunds, exchanges, or replacements unless an item is DOA and only after the item has been returned to me at their expense. eBay will pull the funds and put them on hold as they do with all cases but 9 out of 10 times I never get the merchandise back and the buyer never follows up on the case or further contacts me which results in them not getting the refund. Be patient with eBay customer service and provide as much documentation as you can to support your side. eBay has been really helpful as of this past month I have had 4 cases for not received items and all have asked for refunds even though tracking information was updated. USPS was taking a week from the time they received the packages till they were finally scanned in at the local sorting facility. I have video surveillance always recording and showing the carrier taking the items and loading them in the truck although I have not had to use it as evidence yet. Since then I have filed a case with the Consumer Affairs division at the USPS and is under investigation. After replying to the cases the buyer never responded, even after delivery the buyer still never closed the case or responded and eBay has been very quick to rule in my favor once I contact them for assistance. So far either same day or next day case closed held funds released because the buyer never responded to even eBay's request.
Buyers have gotten lazy the past couple of years and don't seem to care about feedback.
Message 151 of 333
latest reply

I have recently just given up on leaving feedback as a buyer because I haven't recieved feedback from sellers for about 6 months.  It goes both ways.

Message 152 of 333
latest reply

I've left 601 feedback for others and recieved 447 myself. In all honesty its a bit disappointing when you go to the effort of advertising something, packing it up well and not hearing back from someone and showing everyone else that you are a realiable and trustworthy seller!

Message 153 of 333
latest reply

Have sold over 20 items on ebay ,earned gold star with supposedly HAPPY COSTUMER & YET ,have NOT recieved any feedback from my last three sales. WHAT IS THE PURPOSE THEN.??!! Everybody happy but me. ....The knife cuts both ways ,Im about to reconsider and leave NONE, NADA, SILCH next time i either buy or sell. GO FIGURE 😊
Message 154 of 333
latest reply

I recently sold 14 items and have received feedback for only one!  I leave feedback for buyers because they have done their part.  It doesn't seem right to play a waiting game of who should go first.  But without feedback to let me know the buyer was satisfied with their purchase, I feel like the transaction is somehow not complete.  Will they wait for six months and then want to return it under paypal's policy?  

I shipped the items quickly (some on the same day as payment, all within two days) and packaged them carefully.  I undercharged on shipping for a few items, and actually LOST money on one!  So why no feedback or at least an email if there were questions or problems?

I don't want to bother the buyers with reminders, and I don't want to beg for feedback, either!  

Maybe no news is good news?

Listing and selling a few things on eBay is fun and a nice way to make a little extra money, but this feedback issue makes me nervous and I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth it.  eBay takes 10%, PayPal takes their cut - but the seller is left unprotected.

Message 155 of 333
latest reply

I think what were all doing here as sellers, is pretty much the same. 98% of us try very hard to sell our items honestly and give great service. A few percent of the sellers are dishonest. 70% or so of the buyers care enough to leave the seller feedback, as the rest are not interested in anything more than that great deal. (I do understand that)

A 99 cent item that legitimately costs $10.00 to sell, means that eBay takes about $1.10 for their fee. That would mean that the seller looses 11 cents out of their pocket. Add PayPal into the scene and maybe the seller now owes 61 cents. (Give or take) Let’s forget how much a seller looses for a 99 cent item and free shipping. Were all gambling here as sellers. Like playing a scratch ticket or the lottery.

If I was to loose $300.00 on one particular scratch ticket, I would eventually buy a different one and hope for better results. This is what we need to do. There are many sites out there that do auctions and online stores for free or far less in fees. I am looking into all of these now and sampling them. We as sellers need to find a better venue and leave eBay. But before we leave, we need to let other sellers and buyers know where to go for the better deals.

Grant it that eBay is the largest online auction house for private sellers, but with enough people recommending other sites and fewer sellers on eBay, the buyers will eventually come to those sites. This is the seller’s only way of getting their message through to eBay. I don’t see eBay responding to our gripes…and they won’t till we leave. By then it’s too late. There is Craigslist, atOncer, Atomic Mall, eCrater  as well as many more.

Let’s get together and find the best ones. Then we can post our new discoveries here and try to help the other sellers. No, it will not solve the issue of feedback, but the seller won’t be bound and gagged to loosing money and getting no feedback. I will be honest. I only bought a few things before I tried selling, but I always left feedback. As a seller, I realized the effort that they go through to loose $1.10 or make just $3.00.

Lets all stop complaining and actually do something, like leave eBay or use them as a back up only. Now that I have said this….it is possible that my listings will be hidden even further into the black hole of lost listings. But that is sometimes what has to happen to show Goliath what David can do.

Any suggestions on auction sites that are more reasonable, but have few customers at the moment, share them. The customers will come when the good sellers arrive. We can make any site like eBay, as it was the buyers and sellers that made eBay, not eBay itself.  it is also the buyers and sellers that can make them fall and make another auction site rise to their level.

Let’s all make this work together; as we are a free country and this is why we live here. Don’t let cooperate greed make us have to sell at higher prices and do what they do. We are all better that that.

Thanks for listening and best of luck to all the buyers and sellers out there and thank you vey much for all my past Kudos!!!! Kudos to you all.

Message 156 of 333
latest reply

I agree. As a new seller, I have sold quite a few items , I leave buyers a positive feedback but feel I shouldn't because they won't do it for me. I check their feedback tabs on their profile to see they left feedback for others, and sure enough they do, but not mine or they are just selective. I do find it sad that as good and honest sellers as there are, we give them good service and leave them positive feedback but while getting money is good, no feedback leaves sellers wondering if there was a problem. All of the sellers I bought from have left positive feedback, so I do it in return. I wish there was a way to remove feedback from those who don't leave any and while their feedback scores undeservingly grows mine is stagnant. However, I did get 5 feedbacks out from buyers who to me are great appreciated. I don't blame the buyers so much, but this whole feedback system doesn't work for me. I like using eBay but

Message 157 of 333
latest reply

I decided as many have long ago, that if ebay wasn't going to allow it's members to leave honest feedback, to rate their transactions as they see fit, it is ebay's site, ultimatly it's their rating system, let ebay leave the FB since they seem to know what everyone should get. So I basically said that I'm washing my hands of the whole thing and having nothing to do with it anymore. Never looked back

Message 158 of 333
latest reply

If you are a seller on eBay, DO NOT leave feedback until the buyer has. How can you leave feedback for only a one sided transaction. It's technically false to leave feedback until the customer has. The shopper/seller experience is incomplete.

All my listings how have this at the bottom of the description.

"Please don't hesitate to contact me regarding any questions you have on my items,

Feedback is only given to buyers who leave feedback.

Thanks for looking and have a great day."
Message 159 of 333
latest reply

I'm a loooong time eBayer and back in the day would religiously leave feedback. However, when eBay changed their feedback rules I simply don't bother. I'm often on the road and eBay doesn't make it easy enough, which they could if they gave a **bleep**. Last time I left feedback I had to save a special link in my bookmarks because there (still!) is no link to the page where you can leave feedback for ALL the items you won/purchased. Instead I had to leave feedback for one item then eBay would reveal the special 'leave feedback for other items' link. It's stupid and a hassle, and I'm on the road all the time so every minute counts when I'm doing errands in some weird town at the loca library. 

If eBay gave a **bleep** about feedback they would do at least two things:

1) Make it dead simple. Make a "Leave Feedback" link in My eBay for both the pop-up list and the main page. Hell, you could easily incorporate it into the Purchased Items page. 

2) Have a lottery for people who leave feedback to receive promo codes or free items. This would barely cost eBay anything yet would make the feedback system fun to use. 

I'll add 3) add emojis. Just because.

eBay doesn't really care about this stuff, however. They're too busy trying to turn eBay into the next dx.com or alibaba scam site. 

Message 160 of 333
latest reply

Great suggestion!  THANK YOU!!

Message 161 of 333
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's good advice.I do not leave feedback until the buyer leaves it,aithough I have thanked them for quick payment when I send my email confirming I have posted their purchase and a tracking code if applicable because the ebay tracking option has never worked on ebay for me.
Message 162 of 333
latest reply

Ebay makes it very hard to leave feedback.  It used to be easy and they had to go a screw that process up.

Message 163 of 333
latest reply

I don't leave feedback as a seller until I'm certain that the buyer is not going to make some bogus claim that what they bought was not what I advertised. Too many people trying to game the system. So now ebay is starting to resemble the US Congress. Nobody wants to lift a finger until somebody else makes the first move.

This is bull. I am not a "professional" ebay seller. I sell things that I collect. I sell the things that I collect when they no longer fit into my scheme. This was the original purpose behind ebay in the first place. This whole Buy It Now Marketplace was not what I started with. ebay is not Amazon. Maybe ebay buyers just see me as some non descript Amazon Seller, but that's not the case. I sell things that have instrinsic value to the buyer. The buyers should acknowledge that they recived what they wanted.

It's important to me to know that I satisified somebody's desire.

Message 164 of 333
latest reply

Exactly!

Message 165 of 333
latest reply