cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers not leaving feedback

camille46
Enthusiast

I have about nine buyers who did not leave a feedback.  I even emailed them and politely reminded them to do so.  I take pride in how I wrap the items I ship and I am very descriptive about what I am selling.  So I do not understand if this is a regular problem.  I leave my feedback immediately for them upon receipt of their funds and my shipping.  I even tried delaying my feedback for a few to see if they responded first.  I have had not complaints from any of these buyers.  What's up??????

Message 1 of 333
latest reply
332 REPLIES 332

Re: Buyers not leaving feedback

It's ebay fault, they no longer have feedback screens. Now you have the option to order more but that's the only choice ebay gives. Ebay still has a tracking option on items I received 6 months ago!! but NO FEEDBACK OPTION. They lost PayPal too. I think ebay is heading down.
Message 136 of 333
latest reply

Thats an excellent idea, I think that as a seller or buyer where no feedback is recived the party thathas left feedabck should have an option in the sellers case,  buyer does not leave feedback, and they should have an ASBO issued for all to see, and the same for a seller. I hate having to hold on to packing recipts, when the buyer cant be bothered to leave feedback. I also think that a seller should leave feedback if the buyer has paid instantly, however they have th right to withdraw that if no feedback is recived or the buyer is being an **bleep**! I have noted that in eBay utopia world that honest feedback is not liked, they often withdraw the feedabck, when you have tried to contact the seller, but the seller is being ridiculous, or uptty. In many cases because you receive a dud item and try to resolve it, the seller does bugger all and having gone throught the porcess of ebay resolution once you have got your refund tey will say that you cant leave negative feedback. 

Message 137 of 333
latest reply

I used to take a moral stance where I think as a buyer I have contractually fullfilled my part, and the seller should leave me fedback based on how quick I have paid. That is my side as a buyer, howevr now I have sold something, I am really frustrated as you are left in a position of holding recipts, tracking information, and dont know if it going to bite you in the derrier. Some buyer will email you several times, to ask where and when is my item and then once they have the item, will not return any emails or any feedback. I think one of the things eBay need to do is offer a financial incentive, like for every feeback you leave, good or bad, you get x points and these points will then translate at money off, listing fees, or a voucher for buyers once they have atttained say 30 feebacks. 

I know just block buyers who have failed to communicate or have not left feedback. I think as sellers most will look at the raisng of cash, but its high time we took a moral objective. JUst block buyers who do not or have not leave feedback. Whilst this will be hard for someone selling items whcih are commonly available, in my case or many other sellers there are items people will want prettty bad, and in the end it will them who are prepared to bid high and want the item they have been scouring ebay for, and then find that they are blocked.  That means another several years trying to source an item them have been scouring for, for years. I know that this is not the greatest information for sellers who are selling commonly available items, however it is one solution.

Message 138 of 333
latest reply

This is a top-notch idea!  I have literally 500+ transactions that have gone perfectly well but sellers simply will not leave feedback. Then, you get the one guy who leaves a negative and your score (and your sales) go in the toilet for a year.  Unfair but, per usual, Ebay does everything it can to protect buyers but nothing to protect sellers.

Automatic positive feedback after 30-45 days.  Definitely should be implemented.

Message 139 of 333
latest reply

Totally agree with the suggestion for automatic positive feedback after 30/45 days

I've been on E-bay for 11/12 years and I think it has now peaked and the company if only interested in the money, not the people, too many commercial companies selling cr*p and too many counterfeit

@chandlerandjanevintage wrote:

This is a top-notch idea!  I have literally 500+ transactions that have gone perfectly well but sellers simply will not leave feedback. Then, you get the one guy who leaves a negative and your score (and your sales) go in the toilet for a year.  Unfair but, per usual, Ebay does everything it can to protect buyers but nothing to protect sellers.

Automatic positive feedback after 30-45 days.  Definitely should be implemented.

items.

As it is, I think is's unfair that sellers can only leave positive feedback, I've had some bad people over time, absolute thieves who leave you a negative and you have to fight E-bay to get them cancelled, but you can't leave them a negative????

So I'm now going to withhold feedback until I receive feedback.

As pointed out, people can be very quick to leave you a negative feedback without even contacting you, if they feel there is a problem, I'ma very honest seller, but have had a few awful people and it makes you just want to give up.  I've enjoyed E-bay for years (buynig & selling) but now it feel like more trouble than it's worth on the selling side.

Message 140 of 333
latest reply

Hi Everyone,

I have been using eBay for about 10 years now and have only recently (last year or 2) been selling more than buying. I have several transactions whereby the buyer has not left me feedback, yet I know the item has been delivered (and it pi**es me right off). 

How are we supposed to gain a good rep on here if the feedback is not left. I think eBay should definitely give us automatic positive feedback after 30+ days. 

Occasionally I get a message from eBay that they have "protected me" but I can never make sense exactly what.

As a general rule; I leave feedback once a buyer has paid (when selling) or when I have received the item (when buying). I think I'm going to start withholding feedback to buyers until they leave me feedback. If we all take a stand at withholding feedback, no-one will get a good rep because no-ones feedback score will be increasing.

Just a thought; perhaps we could just put a note in our listings stating that "Feedback will not be left until feedback has been received"

Message 141 of 333
latest reply

I, too, rarely receive feedback from buyers and unless they are actively posting feedback I withhold posting until they do.

Message 142 of 333
latest reply

I am sick of the feedback game as it is SO one sided.

I was always faithful about leaving feedback, and within stating the shipping date and method. I have decided not to leave ANY feedback as it serves NO purpose for me as a seller.

I recently had a buyer harass me calling me names because I did no leave her feedback.. Well, exactly the manner is which she responded was how she had treated me through the entire selling ordeal. I asked her to re-read her email and ask herself if she would want to even associate with should an individual!

If a buyer leaves me feedback I will reciprocate, but not until..NO MORE feedback bull!

Message 143 of 333
latest reply

Ebay policy states "you can not leave a postive with a negative or neutral comment". If you do the buyer or seller can have that feedback comment removed.

Message 144 of 333
latest reply

As a seller, I can understand that some buyers only give me a feedback after I give them a positive feedback.

But now I have another problem:

I have now some sellers that refuse to give a feedback even AFTER I gave them a positive feedback for a perfect transaction !

Except for one seller that I think is not happy because I, the only bidder, at the last minute won at the starting price of $1.99 his item for which I put a maximum automatic bid of $20 (did I do something wrong?), all others sellers are just neglecting giving feedback even after I give them a postive one to them and informed them that I have received their item and I am happy with it ! I must also say that I have always paid immediately by PayPal items that I bought or won at auctions and have always left positive feedback as soon as I have received the item, even when sometime the item is not realy like described but I am still happy with it.

Only one time a seller disappeared after I bought an item, he never sent the item and never replied to mails. Even in this case I did NOT give him a negative feedback because the seller also did not respond to oppose my PayPal claim. I think that the seller passed away after posting his item for sale on Ebay (he also never responded to my prior best offer before I bought the item at full price) so I just never sent him any feedback. I am sad to see that there are people that give negative feedback because of delays to people that went to the hospital!

I think also that Ebay must have sellers automaticaly give a feeback if they fail to do so without reasons.

Message 145 of 333
latest reply

@coolforkats wrote:

As pointed out, people can be very quick to leave you a negative feedback without even contacting you, if they feel there is a problem, I'ma very honest seller, but have had a few awful people and it makes you just want to give up.  I've enjoyed E-bay for years (buynig & selling) but now it feel like more trouble than it's worth on the selling side.

I am myself affraid of selling on Ebay, because as I buyer I feel too well protected, so I mostly only buy on Ebay. I now that there are awful people. What can I do if for example I sell an old camera in perfect condition, then the buyer returns it to me because of "non as described" then I receive back my camera not working anymore and find that the buyer has replaced some ot its original parts with broken parts?

I think that if I had to sell something like an expensive camera on Ebay. I should take a continous non stop video at the post office showing the camera working perfectly in all modes then put inside the parcel that is sealed and given to the post office employee, showing the parcel track number and me paying and leaving the post office, all this taken in one scene, with witnesses that certify that the video has been taken continously and not been edited in any ways. For very expensive items I will do it, but for cheaper items it's too much troubles...

Message 146 of 333
latest reply

I think this is a great idea!! I've been buying on eBay for a few years and just recently started selling and am having trouble with getting feedback from buyers.

When it comes to high end sneakers, I assume buyers are angry for having to pay over retail for a collectible shoe they could have gotten cheaper, so they take revenge by withholding feedback.

I'm simply going to start doing just that, withholding feedback until the buyer has left theirs. I communicate with buyers/sellers well and expect the same in return. if I get it, I give if. 🙂
Message 147 of 333
latest reply

As a new seller, it is very important for me to receive feedback to be able to get more people to buy my stuff. I haven't gotten feedback on like 50% of my stuff! It's annoying and not very fair in the long run for sellers. I too have emailed the buyers asking them to leave positive feedback if they had no problems. Nothin'.

I agree that Ebay should allow a generic positive feedback to be automaticlly added after a certain period of time. It's only fair! 

Message 148 of 333
latest reply

In the last 60 days I've sold 66 items, only 29 of these people left feedback. Out of those I've had two negative feedbacks which has really bumped my percentage down. I've emailed sellers and even left nice notes asking for feedback in their packages when I posted them but still nothing. It's really annoying me now. Most of my feeback comes waaay after I've sold the item too. Yes, I think buyers shouldn't leave feedback straight away, I never have because I wanted to check that my item didn't break - I always leave feedback a week later when I'm buying. When I do receive feedback for my items, they can be from purchases made months before! Up until a month or so ago I had only received feedback for around 15% of my items! Don't get me wrong I'm grateful for that feedback when it does come but it really shouldn't take that long and it shouldn't be up to sellers to chivvy people along.

Message 149 of 333
latest reply

I to like everyone else have not been receiving feedback from buyers for about the past 12 months.  In the past 12 months I have sold close to 75 items and have only had feedback left 19 times which is barely 25%.  Even after repeated messages, e-mails leaving cards and notes in my packages etc....  I have been on eBay since 2008 mostly as a buyer but in the past few years I have been selling as well.  I always leave feedback for all my purchases as I know it helps sellers by letting customers know that they are reliable and that their products aint garbage.  eBay frowns upon sellers not leaving feedback and I have even heard of eBay suspending accounts for sellers not leaving feedback not sure if this is true or not.  Either way I am not taking a risk of my account being suspended over it.  Yet buyers have no requirement to leave feedback and even eBay sends a reminder after 30 days if feedback is not left but buyers just ignore it as it is not important.  I agree with others posts that after a given period of time there should be a default feedback system and if the buyer does eventually leave feedback they can change it if needed.  With eBay's requirement for seller ratings some sellers I have seen have no detailed ratings yet they have lots of sales based on the feedback they have left for buyers.  eBay really needs to work on this issue cause it is ending up that sellers won't have any detailed seller ratings or stars if this continues at the rate it is going.  I had no problem with buyers leaving feedback a cpl years ago but now it is far and in between.   I have contacted eBay a few times about buyers not leaving feedback and all they say is a generic formed reply saying they will look into the issue and nothing ever happens.

Message 150 of 333
latest reply