cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers not leaving feedback

camille46
Enthusiast

I have about nine buyers who did not leave a feedback.  I even emailed them and politely reminded them to do so.  I take pride in how I wrap the items I ship and I am very descriptive about what I am selling.  So I do not understand if this is a regular problem.  I leave my feedback immediately for them upon receipt of their funds and my shipping.  I even tried delaying my feedback for a few to see if they responded first.  I have had not complaints from any of these buyers.  What's up??????

Message 1 of 333
latest reply
332 REPLIES 332

Re: Buyers not leaving feedback

To your point about sellers not receiving feedback until they have received fb from you.

IMO, part of earning positive fb as a buyer is being reasonable in the event an issues arises, and there are many people who simply aren't,. Not to mention the scammers who try to get items for free. Feedback is literally the only leverage a seller has, and that's why as a seller I won't leave feedback until I've gotten mine.

That said I'd wish there was a way to leave a buyer feedback once their time limit to leave feedback has passed. That way I can let other sellers know the buyer is "trustworthy", without leaving myself open to anything. Obviously, I'm talking about a case where the buyer hasn't left feedback. I don't consider the lack of feedback from a buyer as a "strike" against them. I hope I'm being clear 😕

PS I totally agree that a buyer should never leave feedback until they have received the item and personally verified that it is the correct item and in the condition stated in the listing. 

Message 121 of 333
latest reply

I am a new user to eBay but not to PayPal. Until I reach a 10 in feedback, I cannot receive my money right away on PayPal or until I have an account for 90 days. I had a very good teacher on how to list an item, quality of items, shipping, and communication. So in the last month I sold 15 items, and to date I have 7 feedbacks. Three of those are from things I bought. So once I know that a buyer has received an item, I then send a message asking if the package was ok, and a reminder to leave feedback. I get messages back from them saying it was great, etc. But then still don't leave feedback. So my money is caught up in limbo on PayPal until they see that it was a positive transaction. Some of us are selling as a means to pay bills, and need our money right away. Some of us need to access our money right away to reinvest in more products to grow our business. I fall under both scenarios, and I like to close out transactions from my page as they are complete. It's another way I keep track of things. This is not fair to me. I have the messages from buyers saying how wonderful things are but don't leave feedback. Not only is lack of feedback hurting my pockets right now, it is also preventing me from growing. I need to know how I'm doing. If I need to change anything, etc. I leave feedback right away as I receive payments. I communicate very well. I go above and beyond in shipping and listing. I have even left instructions on how to leave feedback, as some buyers are new also. I'm praying to get to 10 before I sell 100 items :(..I'll keep everyone updated
Message 122 of 333
latest reply

This is really frustrating me that buyers dont leave feedback but yet they are fast to leave bad feedback and NOT communicate to sort out issues. I have over 20 pages of NO feedback left for me. I post all my goods within 2 business days a lot same day and still people will base "how fast the seller posted your item" On the time Australia post take to deliver. Its terrible and unfair. My rant before bed! 🙂 Night!

Message 123 of 333
latest reply

I feel eBay should leave us a positive rating if the buyer hasnt left feedback within a certain amount of time 🙂
Message 124 of 333
latest reply

and it is blackmale which is a crime.  So you could actually sue if it is a buyer trying to extort money from you.  In fact I think the DA may be interested in that one.  If the person does it to you they are doing it to other people too.   Extortion and blackmale is a crime.  

Message 125 of 333
latest reply

Personally I have left feedback 3 times in the last month, I have 21 to leave, I get done, hit submit and a box comes up and says I have to TRY, being the operative word, to leave feedback at a later time. Really?  So maybe your buyers are trying to leave feedback and they just cannot. I appreciate good sellers and will TRY again later......

Message 126 of 333
latest reply

I've been having issues as well.  Looks like about 50% of my buyers leave feedback.  Seems like people are quick to leave negative but could care less about leaving positive.  Its time for ebay to once again restructure the FB system but thats unlikely to happen since it makes them more money by providing strikes against sellers in determinig seller rating and fees.  We as sellers are making ebay filthy ricj its time they start protecting us better from the scammers and cheats

Message 127 of 333
latest reply

I've noticed that over the last six months feedback has decreased significantly. I wonder if the reason for this is that more and more people are using the ebay app which does not remind you to leave feedback, or at least the reminder is somewhat 'hidden'. Using ebay on a computer, the feedback button is more prominent! Any thoughts on this?
Message 128 of 333
latest reply

I've decided I am not going to leave any feedback for my buyers now if they have not left me feedback k
Firstly. It drives me mad that I make an effort to leave it to not get any back. It's downright rude!
Message 129 of 333
latest reply

I've been using ebay for 16 years, as both a buyer and seller.  I understand what you're saying as a buyer, but there is a seller's perspective that gives balance.  As a seller, at one time I would leave feedback for a buyer as soon as they paid for an item.  However, I no longer do so, and this is why.  Many of my sales are of software, and I have had several occasions where I promptly mailed an item, only to have a case opened against me later by a buyer, claiming the "item" wasn't as described.  Literally what they are buying is a software license, and on several of these ocassions, I have been forced by eBay to refund the money, only to find that the software had been activated.  I suppose at times it's because of technically challenged people who don't know how to install something, and at times crooks who want free software.  But either way, I see no reason to give a buyer a positive point of feedback, only to be bit by either their ignorance or their dishonesty and a case that goes against me, as well as costing me.

Message 130 of 333
latest reply

I am new to ebay as a seller and I have to say that feedback is tough to get from buyers. (Perhaps from sellers also) You can send them a thank you note for their purchase, You can send their package the same day, gift wrap it, send them notices through the whole process keeping them up to date and a thank you note again at the end (maybe reminding them of feedback) and there are many that never respond. Even after all of that, you may get a 4 star on shipping or cost of shipping, even at the post office rate or on communication.

Neither buyer nor seller is so privileged that they need not leave feedback. The system does need some housecleaning. Maybe ebay should just not post feedback period, till both parties have completed their obligations and left theirs. This way it would force both the parties to leave feedback if they would like it left for them or no one receives it.

There could be a column that states that the buyer or seller failed to leave feedback and panelize them ½ a star for laziness. Buyers have not fulfilled an obligation just by paying, as the seller’s obligation is not over after shipping. After everyone is satisfied, our obligations are then fulfilled. Sellers could wait and see if feedback comes in and if not, under the buyer’s feedback leave a positive, but state feedback was not left and buyer took 3 days to pay. It’s not a negative, but a factual statement that could come back to bite the seller later though.

I myself look to see if the buyer normally leaves feedback. I will leave it for them even if I do not get it myself. (Although I am thinking of changing this) By looking first, you have an idea if you will get yours or not and by looking if the seller gives more feedback then they received, you can tell that as a buyer you will most likely get theirs.

Maybe we need to have sellers and buyers just contact ebay for every feedback not left, till they are so over whelmed with messages that they have to change the system or suspend us all for annoying them.

Either way, our country is becoming ruder and more self absorbed, that who really expects feedback when people these days don’t have the courtesy to say thank you for opening a door for them or for stopping your vehicle and letting them cross the street. Morals, values, kindness have all become a thing of the past and till we as a whole change this, I will expect that only the true good hearted people will care enough to leave feedback and the others that don’t, just either forgot or feel superior to everyone else because they paid or shipped.

Lastly, when was the last time we went into a brick and mortar store and the seller ran out into the street to say hey, my customer just paid cash and promptly. My customer is the best, my customer just came in and bought something. Never have I have seen that, but I have seen buyers come out of a store and say wow, these people are great, they gave me a deal, they stink and don’t buy from them. The ebay world and the real world are just not connected I think

Message 131 of 333
latest reply

I'm a top rated plus seller with less than 300 feedback score (100%). I am low volume seller, I work very hard for my money and to make my buyers happy. I am in a very low profit business and work 18 hours a day, 7 days a week to make sure my buyers get more than what they pay for. My feedback score would have been over 600 if every buyer had left me a feedback. 

The feedback system is unfair. eBay should come up with an automatic feedback system for sellers if the buyers don't leave feedback for over 45 days. This is what one of the Chinese auction sites does. 

I now don't leave feedback unless I receive one. Like I said, feedback system is unfair. Maybe all of us (sellers) have to come together and stop leaving feedbacks unless we receive one. What do you think? 

Message 132 of 333
latest reply

When a buyer pays quickly i leave fb as i think the buyer has done their part. I'm now considering not leaving fb as a buyer or seller because as of the last year I'm not receiving any back for myself, maybe 1 in 5. Ebay either need to force it somehow or give a positive after a month of no activity.
Message 133 of 333
latest reply

For me last 30 days, 45 transactions, and only 6 feedback from buyers. eBay is promoting 30 days money back, open a return item case (SNAD), not feedback. I saw a flashing banner last week when I was leaving a message to seller, clicked the banner, it took me straight to open a case, which I didn't. eBay should be promoting feedback system.
Message 134 of 333
latest reply

Agree 100%

@zakblack71 wrote:
When a buyer pays quickly i leave fb as i think the buyer has done their part. I'm now considering not leaving fb as a buyer or seller because as of the last year I'm not receiving any back for myself, maybe 1 in 5. Ebay either need to force it somehow or give a positive after a month of no activity.

Message 135 of 333
latest reply